PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a fiend

alexholker
01-27-2005, 01:55 PM
I'm trying to find a particular fiend, the only one I haven't captured. It is called a "Simurgh", it is a small bird found on the Djose Highroad. The problem is that I have walked along the road multiple times and haven't found any. Since the Djose Highroad area extends from Mushroom Rock to Guadosalam, could anyone narrow it down for me, to a smaller section of the road in which to look?

Alex

m4tt
01-27-2005, 02:01 PM
I always find them on the road to Djose Temple. It was probably the last fiend I caught too, damn thing doesn't like to show up.

alexholker
01-27-2005, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Hopefully I will find it this time...

[Edit] I found one! Nine more to go. :)

rubah
01-27-2005, 11:22 PM
Find a copy of CB!'s monster catching guide:) She went into great detail about the simurgh.

Or as a paraphrase, just stay in the end towards where the temple is and go around in circles. Or stay 'in the sunny spots' if it makes you feel better.

my trouble right now is the regular tonberries-_- got all the master tonberries, and I have all the simurghs, (and I'd have just about all of them inside sin if I hadn't managed to reset my game after about four geminis (two of each) and those stupid turtles. And inside sin is so boring to go through so yeah:/)

Del Murder
01-29-2005, 09:35 PM
The encounter rates for FFX are determined after you load your game. So if you aren't finding a particular monster you should save and reload your game. One time I played for a couple hours with no Tonberries, but reloaded and fought two in ten minutes. He was most certainly the worst to get.

I found Simurgh in the same spot rubah did, near the temple in the sunny spots.