PDA

View Full Version : Defending X2

Gunblades
01-27-2005, 05:16 PM
Ive found myself many times defending X2 from people on other boards. ive explained the full storyline and point that love can overcome everything. ive defended the magic system and the streagnth of the female character.

how many of you have also had to defend it.

I Don't Need A Name
01-27-2005, 05:21 PM
yea every1 is givin it jip. its amazin. it is 1 of the best! ff 10 was crap compared 2 ff 10-2

Strawberry_Mew
01-27-2005, 10:35 PM
Ive found myself many times defending X2 from people on other boards. ive explained the full storyline and point that love can overcome everything. ive defended the magic system and the streagnth of the female character.

how many of you have also had to defend it.

Don't worry there is still some ppl who still love X-2 -raises hand in da air- :p its one of my favs just some of the music gets on my nerves though but over all it is a great game1 =3

01-28-2005, 12:38 AM
yea every1 is givin it jip. its amazin. it is 1 of the best! ff 10 was crap compared 2 ff 10-2 :eek:

Trumpet Thief
01-28-2005, 01:39 AM
yea every1 is givin it jip. its amazin. it is 1 of the best! ff 10 was crap compared 2 ff 10-2

chaos: Other way around.

Rubedo: As well, FFVI schools them all

Appless
01-28-2005, 02:12 AM
chaos: Other way around.

Rubedo: As well, FFVI schools them all

For sure. I still like FFX-2 though. Just not as much as the others.

Trumpet Thief
01-28-2005, 06:59 AM
chaos: Exactly. I liked the others better. FFX-2 was still a very fun and well done game :D

I Don't Need A Name
01-28-2005, 04:04 PM
FF VI is great an all!

.:the chocobo master:.
01-29-2005, 04:17 AM
X-2 was kinda like Charlies Angels meets FF. A good game, however when comparing to other FF games, sacrilige.

SomethingBig
01-29-2005, 04:27 AM
While FFX was disgusting, I loved FFX-2. X-2 was just so much more innovative and fun. I love how it went back to FF's roots with the job system.

Gunblades
01-29-2005, 10:05 AM
FUN, exactly, thats how i felt about FFx2. Sure it had it's faults, so does EVERY other FF game, but it seems more popular to jump on something and be nasty about it than see the good bits, probably the result of a decadent and pessimistic society. One of the best but smallest details is seeing RikkuX2 swim in blitz, they make her move so smoothly.

???
01-29-2005, 05:41 PM
arrg i hate ffx-2

yunaishot
01-30-2005, 03:26 AM
the only reason y i like final fantasy x-2 was cause rikku was in that very exposing cloteing and cause lulu was in it but if they werent in it i would of hated it

Shadow_Talon
02-17-2005, 12:08 PM
FFX is slightly betta than FFX-2, for the pure fact of stroy line and plot twists,)i thought FFX2 was a bit thin in that department) and the sphere-grid system was interesting ( i know some ppl hate the thing....)...both are good games and if ppl wanna bag FFX-2 over FFX then let them, they either havent played it propely, let alone at all!!

redxiiii
02-17-2005, 12:55 PM
I like x-2 but it`s not as good as x

Memorylight
02-17-2005, 01:22 PM
FFX is waaaaay better than FFX-2 but I still like FFX-2, don't know why people don't like it, it's a very good game. And what's up with FFX???? I mean, why does everyone say that it has a lame storyline and that the graphics being bad????
I mean come on! I've never cried so much over a game and the grafic is striking!
The sphere-grid was brilliant if u ask me...
Anyways, FFX-2 is a great game, the story was a little bit doll but I enjoyed playing it and getting a 100 %.

Gunblades
02-17-2005, 03:43 PM
i think the dresssystem was one of the best yet.

Ifrit rocks oldskool
02-17-2005, 08:03 PM
FFX was good but FFX-2 was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better :p :p :p

Shadow_Talon
02-18-2005, 01:57 AM
the dress system was ok...i didnt like it...the sphere grid was betta....one thing that i'd have to say let FFX-2 down was the lack of being able to control the aeons...but still the way u fought them in their dark form was pretty cool! they are both good games....its just a matter of opnion!

amratis
02-18-2005, 02:01 AM

Ahhhhh!!!!! Of course you're entitlied to your opinion, however .......AHHHHHHHHH!!! other way round!! :D

edit - ok, trying to make more sense this time round. FFX-2 isnt *crap*. Its just...not very good. It wasnt too me anyway. It just really rotted my brain at points. I found the things they said sometimes to be so dumb. But there was defintly some fun bits in there. Its worth playing I guess, but I've only played through it once, it's sat on my shelf since then. I personally found X to be a much better game. Or at least, a much better FF

Shadow_Talon
02-18-2005, 07:46 AM
It just really rotted my brain at points.

agreed...i can think of many points to which i found my self thinking "what the.....?" not to mention stupid "one-liners" (Duck soup??? what the????)again a good game though

Dr.M
02-18-2005, 09:38 AM
I think venagun should have been harder and there should been more of Tidus! but i liked it.

YunaGirl05
02-18-2005, 03:11 PM
I think venagun should have been harder and there should been more of Tidus! but i liked it.

much much more of TIDUS!!! :love:

Gunblades
02-18-2005, 04:49 PM
i glad there wasnt much Tidus, should have been more Lulu.

Emily52
02-18-2005, 04:56 PM
I think there should have been more Lenne and Shuyin.

lulusgirl
02-18-2005, 05:53 PM
more tidus and lenne. x-2 was so much better 'cause of the new poeple.

I Don't Need A Name
02-19-2005, 08:04 PM
yea more lenne & Shuyin

Ultima Shadow
02-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Less non-sense rambling from that weirdo named "Brother", and I would have liked the game much more.
It's an enjoyable game but I think it lack in storyline, character and music + I didn't like the battle system.
An average game but nothing compared to the earlier FFs... that's my opinion on it...

But the absolutely whorst thing about the game: They made Omega and Ultima Weapon random encounters!!! :(
I find that OFFENSIVE!!! :eek:

Masamune·1600
02-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Final Fantasy X-2 was a good game. It just doesn't compare to its predecessors. In my opinion, every FF, starting with IV, is better.

Excelsior
03-07-2005, 04:19 AM
im new to this forum so excuse me if i say something inappropriate, but i hated this game. it was easy, probably the shortest FF ive ever played, it was more like Charlies Angels with stats, and the big plot twist was probably the most retarded plot twist in anything ive ever seen. (the guy that looks like Tidus just happens to be a guy that looks exactly like him from 2000 years ago! and hes insane!)

FallenAngel411
03-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Playing X-2 makes me worry for the future of the FF series.

Angels with stats, and the big plot twist was probably the most retarded plot twist in anything ive ever seen. (the guy that looks like Tidus just happens to be a guy that looks exactly like him from 2000 years ago! and hes insane!)

Ha.

DocFrance
03-09-2005, 03:34 PM
I really liked the gameplay and the whole open-endedness of it all, but the story was pretty shoddy. I'd rather that the Wanker stay dead, or whatever it is he was.

Gunblades
03-18-2005, 05:00 PM
well i enjoy it, every FF has it's faults and can be shot down for one reason or another, all i ask of a game is that it's enjoyable and has a nice vibe.

Wiegrahf42
03-23-2005, 03:32 AM
Don't get me started on X-2. Please. I may blow a blood vessel. Lets see... For one the whole "Lets feminize everything" (i.e. "Dressphere) was aggravating. This game reeks of Shoujo Girl/ youth power idiocy. It all reminded me of Charlie's angels more then a Final Fantasy. Yuna and Rikku were intolerable airheads (remind me of cheerleaders in highschool). Paines constant gothic angst got to me after awhile as well. Brother was possibly the worst since he seemed to be high on LSD half the time and the other half was flirting with his cousin :eek: The dialouge was the worst, (I got lucky when Yuna said "Poopie" since I didn't have to listen anymore since I passed out after choking on my own vomit :barf: ) The plot is some pseudo chick flick fare, and the music insults Nobuo Uematsu's great legacy. Also, why do we want Tidus back? Case and point, I leave my soapbox. (I don't want to seem a sexist, but I have no tolerence for annoying characters.)

UltimateSpamGrover
03-23-2005, 03:46 AM
While FFX-2 was disgusting, I loved hate FFX-2. X-2 was just so much more innovative and fun too repetitve, girly, and boring. . I love how it went back to FF's roots with the job system.

CaptRory
03-30-2005, 04:44 PM
Final Fantasy X-2. This game shows how Spira has changed since Sin was destroyed. I think it does that very well. People complain it is "too girly." That is one of the reasons I enjoyed it. Most "save the world" RPGs are dark and sombre. X-2 has serious scenes, but for the most part, until the end, it remains lighthearted. It is the vibe it gives off. The job system is a nice change. I stat maxed my characters before ending FFX, so it would have been annoying had they used the same battle system and Yuna could no longer one shot a fiend by clunking it over the head with her staff. I also liked the freedom you had while playing X-2, with access to the airship from the beginning, you could pretty much go anywhere and do anything at any time. Now, maybe after years of playing really bad games my standards are just really low, but I thought the plot was fairly good. You learn more about the war that resulted in the destruction of Zanarkand, you learn more about some of the more interesting bit characters from FFX, and since you're allready suspending your disbelief, I found the plot plausible for the world it is set in.

In my opinion, FF X-2 is a good sequel. As a stand alone game it wouldn't hold water, but as a sequel to FFX it does a good job of wrapping everything up and I for one enjoyed playing it. (Twice, actually, I had to get the perfect ending.)

Destai
03-30-2005, 04:47 PM
It was fun at times, but on the whole, I can't stand the game. The other Final Fantasies are just much better,

Gunblades
03-30-2005, 05:30 PM
i actually agree with most of what CaptRory said

Craig
03-30-2005, 06:31 PM
In my opinion, X-2 was just as well made as all the other installments. It was just approached in a different way. I find myself liking all of the FFs for different reasons and I liked this one because it was fun, fast, had a good battle system and it was very refreshing.

Migoto-Megami
03-30-2005, 07:25 PM
While FFX was disgusting,
HOW???

lulusgirl
03-30-2005, 07:37 PM
HOW???
REALLY? ? ? ? ? I am busting out my own brains trying to get people to like it.It was cool how they added hott guys in there.I'm glad lulu got pregnat because it kept you waiting for something to happen.The whole lenne/shuyin thing was mysterious and overall...IT WAS SO MUCH FUNNIER WITH TOBLI IN IT! ! ! ! ! ! !

Gunblades
03-31-2005, 09:04 AM
i wouldnt go that far, but it was an enjoyable game, i just wish there had been more active characters to choose from like Lulu and perhaps a Chocobo knight etc

Destai
03-31-2005, 10:26 AM
I find this as well. Critics are always putting it down in thes sense it isn't classic Final Fantasy materia. All the smae, I think it was time for a change.
And you know they love it. :skull3:Im not a loverof the old school games and I still hated X-2. Sure there are people who put it donw forthe sake of putting it down but just maybe some people didnt actually like it.

CaptRory
03-31-2005, 06:03 PM
If everyone who didn't like it, stated why they didn't like it, we might get somewhere. Back up your opinions! Common Complants: "It was too girly!" "The minigames sucked!" Why do you think it was too girly? Which games? Why didn't you like them? Give examples. State your case. Not only do I not mind if someone disagrees with me but I love a good debate, but the people who claim to hate something and do not (or can not) back up their claim aren't going to change the mind of anyone and they are not going to get their point across. If you (collectively) hate this game so much, you shouldn't have any problem going into detail. I like X-2, I submitted a post detailing what I considered to be the strengths of the game and the reply was two quoted sentences that didn't rebuff any of the points I was trying to make.

Example:

"Wiegrahf42

03-22-2005 10:32 PM Don't get me started on X-2. Please. I may blow a blood vessel. Lets see... For one the whole "Lets feminize everything" (i.e. "Dressphere) was aggravating. This game reeks of Shoujo Girl/ youth power idiocy. It all reminded me of Charlie's angels more then a Final Fantasy. Yuna and Rikku were intolerable airheads (remind me of cheerleaders in highschool). Paines constant gothic angst got to me after awhile as well. Brother was possibly the worst since he seemed to be high on LSD half the time and the other half was flirting with his cousin The dialouge was the worst, (I got lucky when Yuna said "Poopie" since I didn't have to listen anymore since I passed out after choking on my own vomit ) The plot is some pseudo chick flick fare, and the music insults Nobuo Uematsu's great legacy. Also, why do we want Tidus back? Case and point, I leave my soapbox. (I don't want to seem a sexist, but I have no tolerence for annoying characters.)"

"For one the whole "Lets feminize everything" (i.e. "Dressphere) was aggravating."
The story was based around three young women. The Job System reflects that. If the protagonists had been men, it would have been a masculine system.

"It all reminded me of Charlie's angels more then a Final Fantasy."
That is a valid comparison, there are many similarities between Charlie's Angels and X-2. However, this is most definately a Final Fantasy game. One that has been made with a different theme then the other games in the series but still a Final Fantasy game.

"Yuna and Rikku were intolerable airheads (remind me of cheerleaders in highschool). Paines constant gothic angst got to me after awhile as well."
Yuna and Rikku were effervescent, but not what I would consider to be airheads. Neither of them are stupid, now granted the great thinkers from FFX are missing, IE Auron and Lulu, but X-2 is a journey of self discovery for Yuna, Rikku and Paine and not a save the world epic. Only at the end, after both the girls and Spira at large discover their new identities in the face of the Eternal Calm do things switch gears into the traditional "everything is going to be destroyed" RPG. As for Paine, she is dealing with her past in a new age in a different way then Yuna and Rikku. She's dark because that's a reflection of her experiences and personality.

"Brother was possibly the worst since he seemed to be high on LSD half the time..." He was the comic relief and only half as grating as Jar Jar from the new Star Wars movies.

"The dialouge was the worst, (I got lucky when Yuna said "Poopie" since I didn't have to listen anymore since I passed out after choking on my own vomit )"
The dialogue wasn't bad, it fit. None of it was out of character and with the exception of that scene you referenced I thought it was pretty good.

"The plot is some pseudo chick flick fare,..." who decides what is a "chick flick" and what isn't? It seems kind of arbitrary to me, especially now in the age we live in.

"...and the music insults Nobuo Uematsu's great legacy." The new music fit the game itself and it wasn't low quality, and the FF Standards were in there.

"Also, why do we want Tidus back?" He wasn't a villain. He didn't tie women to train tracks or throw banana peels in front of the Old Folks Home. He wasn't the best protagonist but he certainly didn't deserve death for sacrificing himself not only for Yuna and whomever would become her final aeon but for the entire population of Spira.

Del Murder
04-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Why post in this forum if you don't like the game? That's what I never get.

lulusgirl
04-04-2005, 12:16 AM
Why post in this forum if you don't like the game? That's what I never get.
Really?

fahadalhasan
04-09-2005, 04:52 PM
I don't think FF X-2 was bad, it was quite good! I loved the dressphere system and everything! FF X wasn't crap either, people say: "It's bad because it has a linear storyline!"

Well so, the spheregrid was a good idea! But I hope FF XII will be better than FF X-2, i hope they put new elements in!

Anyway, Final Fantasy X-2 is not bad neither is X because Square is exploring new ideas, to attract new crowds of poeple! Like us, people who are ove the age of 12 or 11! Will have played all the final fantasy's! Or if like the age of 15, 16, 17 you will have played all ff's!

Usually it will be from Final Fantasy I - Final Fantasy IX, a villain is trying to take over the world or destroy it! FF X didn't do that, except a little bit of seymour! Also the idea of Aeons able to follow your command and level them up like the normal characters is cool!

Also the Mission and dressphere type thing is cool, and attracts newbie gamers, moderate gamers and hardcore gamers! Old and new gamers!

This is quite alright! All major companies do this! Also(i've got to stop saying/writing that) Just accept the game as it is! If it is bad in your opinion express but don't make a huge argument over it!

So If you people can't say something nice to a comment, don't say nothing at all! :mad: