PDA

View Full Version : Another brick in the wall

lord shishio
01-28-2005, 12:50 AM
Pink Floyd!
There classic, and they are the best band out there!!!!!! :cool:

edczxcvbnm
01-28-2005, 01:46 AM
The wall was no where near as good as their earlier stuff. It was the beginning of the end. Animals, Dark Side and Wish You Were Here were all far superior. The Wall is terrible in comparison.

escobert
01-28-2005, 04:21 AM
Dark side is the best imo :D

UltimaLimit
01-28-2005, 04:44 AM
The only Pink Floyd song I've ever heard is the one in question. It was good, but I prefer Korn's remake of Another Brick In The Wall. Jonathan Davis put more emotion into the song.

The original definately wasn't bad, though.

ItsNot1974Surburbia
01-28-2005, 07:12 AM
Animals <33

Zell's Fists of Fury
01-28-2005, 08:25 AM
It was good, but I prefer Korn's remake of Another Brick In The Wall.
Go away. And take your dumb comments with you.

And yeah, I liked Wish You Were Here better. Not to say that The Wall wasn't amazing in it's self.

UltimaLimit
01-29-2005, 12:35 AM
The original definately wasn't bad, though.Spaceman Spiff, if you disagree with me, fine, but you could at least read my entire post before commenting on it. The part I quoted was essentially what you said, that you liked The Wall, but not as much as other stuff--I favored the remake, while you favored Wish You Were Here. I have heard both versions of Another Brick In The Wall, so I know what I'm comparing. I like both versions of the song.

Doomgaze
01-29-2005, 12:43 AM
what spiff said.

RSL
01-29-2005, 01:20 AM
Do not tell someone to go away or that their comments are dumb. It is fine to disagree with his opinion, but that was a borderline flame.

Rye
01-29-2005, 02:44 AM
I like Pink Floyd's version better than Korn's, but you could understand the words better in the Korn version. xD

DMKA
01-29-2005, 06:48 AM
KoRn redid it and I didn't hear? *searches*

Pink Floyd's ok. I really don't find them as great as everyone else does, but they're quite good. Not a favorite of mine though.

And I do agree that The Wall gets way too much credit over their other stuff. Darkside of the Moon is superior by far IMO. :rolleyes2

Zell's Fists of Fury
01-29-2005, 04:34 PM
DSotM actually is higher rated than the Wall.

theundeadhero
01-29-2005, 05:55 PM
I own DSotM on vinyl record :) I own The Wall on vinyl record :) Pink Floyd is great. Not the best band in the world, but a really good band. DSotM was the first Cd I ever put into a Cd player and decided to listen to all by myself. In contrast, Marilyn Manson Anti-christ Superstar was the first CD I ever bought.

RSL
01-29-2005, 06:51 PM
I like Pink Floyd's version better than Korn's, but you could understand the words better in the Korn version. xD

Never thought I would see someone say something like that!

Yamaneko
01-29-2005, 07:59 PM
Everything from Dark Side to The Wall is classic Floyd. The reason why people don't like The Wall over Dark Side is because it's a much colder album. There's the clear absence of the funky guitar riffs that were present in the previous three albums. My only gripe with Dark Side and The Wall is that Waters and Co. put too much effort into writing the lyrics. I think the music could have been expanded to touch on deeper concepts. Wish You Were Here is the perfect balance between music and writing, as is shown in Shine On You Crazy Diamond Parts 1-9.

The Wall is conceptually brilliant, though. It's The Concept Album of all times. Pink Floyd was an awesome band right up until the end of The Wall tour.

p.s. Listen to Echoes on the Meddle album. It's just as good, if not better than anything they did after.

EDIT: Oh, and Another Brick in the Wall Pt.2 is highly overrated. All it is is an exacty copy of a Disco beat.

Female Ryuichi
02-02-2005, 08:39 PM
p.s. Listen to Echoes on the Meddle album. It's just as good, if not better than anything they did after.

True.

As for Floyd, yeah, I like them. I haven't heard this Korn cover, and frankly, since I don't like them that much, I don't really want to. The Wall is good, but I like Dark side more.

Doomgaze
02-02-2005, 10:18 PM
Everything from Dark Side to The Wall is classic Floyd.

What do you mean? It kind of sounds like you saying you don't like the Syd Barret era, or the early stuff with Waters in charge, but then you go and mention Meddle.

Wish You Were Here > The Wall > Dark Side of the Moon.

I actually hate Another Brick in the Wall part 2. Not a very good song, and painfully overplayed.

lord shishio
02-03-2005, 10:23 PM
You know, I didn't start this thread to bag on any of the cd's, I just picked that line from "the wall" for my title randomly. I like all of there stuff...

o_O
02-04-2005, 01:30 AM
The Wall movie is damned awesome, and absolute masterpiece.

My favourite Floyd albums are The Division Bell and Dark Side of the Moon.

And I hated Korn's remake of Another Brick in the Wall. :p

GhandiOwnsYou
02-06-2005, 03:13 AM
man....I didn't think i'd EVER see blasphemy against the floyd as to say that the Korn remake was better. I was planning on chaining reactions of my friends on AIM to my reply... but most of them consisted of extreme flame and vulgar abusive dialogue.

a good chunk from my GF, however...

Me: please, give me a long worded explanation of your rage so i can tack it on to the end of this reply i'm forming....
Burst: i cant
Burst: lol
Burst: itoo am at a loss of words
Burst: its...pink floyd
Burst: you cant improve on something floyd did

anyway..... Pink Floyd started to die out fast as Gilmour and Barret's influence was largely disregarded so the Floyd albums could become center stage for Roger Waters pissing contest with the world. Really, I love the Floyd beyond all natural reason, but the passion and disdain i have for Waters is undying. It rivals even my hatred of Yoko Ono. Call him a visionary, call him a poet, a master artist, whatever. it boils down to the fact that he was pissed at EVERYONE for supposedly screwing up his life. last i checked, he was a multi-millionare world famous musician. thus, he has no right to complain about anything really.

Anyway, you want some floyd? Listen to Meddle. Listen to Piper at the Gates. listen to damn near anything before DSoTM. even Darkside was pretty decent, musically, because it was still somewhat of a collaboration at that point. The Wall....is quite possibly the most over rated piece of music i have ever had the misfortune of hearing about. not hearing, because it is passable music. hearing ABOUT, because eight million folks who refused to find a copy of Meddle or Piper and a record store consider it a conceptual masterpiece. I've actually talked to people who haven't even HEARD of Syd Barret, but claim floyd is their favorite band ever. For the record? The Division Bell and Momentary Lapse are signifigantly good floyd. They Reformed at this point, without waters. much cleaner, much more floydian.

Anyway, my rant is done.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-06-2005, 06:58 AM
the brick in the wall has good lines!

"WE DONT NEED NO EDUCATION!"

"WE DONT NEED NO THOUGHT CONTROL"

"HEY TEACHERS,LEAVE THOSE KIDS ALONE!"

"ALL IN ALL YOUR JUST A, NOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL!"

I wasnt shouting. just get in the vibe!

lord shishio
02-08-2005, 01:38 AM
Hell yah dude, everyone else who does'nt start singing right now is going to explode by your next birthday.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-08-2005, 11:06 PM
well thats in 10 months so....................

lord shishio
02-10-2005, 11:54 PM
lol

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-11-2005, 01:21 AM
but the clock is ticking never the less!