PDA

View Full Version : Red XIII looks

Shoden
01-28-2005, 07:04 PM
i think he doesnt look so great i liked his colour in ff7 better plus it seems he stands out too much. thats just my oppinion you post yours on whast you think

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-28-2005, 07:06 PM
I thought so, too, but we've really only seen a few shots of him.

Shoden
01-28-2005, 07:07 PM
yeah but its too soon to make an oppinion now we'll have to wait.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
01-29-2005, 12:16 AM
I think he looks cool actually i pretty much jumped when i saw him in the trailor....as for the standing out!? Im not sure how you cant make a dog-like creature who can talk and has a tail on fire not stand out...

But given its still early times who knows...but so far so good in my opinion!

Shoden
01-29-2005, 12:21 AM
his colour is wrong in ff7 it was orange which it should be

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
01-29-2005, 03:20 AM
Doesnt look too bad Imho!

SomethingBig
01-30-2005, 11:57 PM
I'm pretty sure he is, in fact, supposed to be Red; hence the name Red XIII. Putting color aside, I thought he looks amazing in AC. The detail put into his character model blew me away.

velvet.fireball
02-03-2005, 06:13 PM
he looks more like older red XIII from the 500 years later part of the ending, and his fur is cool

TheAbominatrix
02-03-2005, 06:15 PM
He looks more beat up and battered... battle scarred, which is probably how he'd have looked in VII if they had that kind of graphics and ability to use that much detail.

m4tt
02-03-2005, 06:26 PM
You sure are picky. When are you going to create the topic about Barrett's looks?

TheAbominatrix
02-03-2005, 06:32 PM
He has cornrows! He didnt have cornrows in the game! I'm scared and confused.

Destai
02-03-2005, 06:55 PM
!

Shoden
02-03-2005, 08:09 PM
barret learned to use gel lol. Red XIII looks rabid in AC

Destai
02-03-2005, 08:16 PM
I cant picture the advent children version of Red XIII talking. Hes so realistic. Ill certainly be peeeeved if he prounounces everything with an r but I cant picture him talking clearly like in VII either. It'll be interesting.

Shoden
02-03-2005, 09:31 PM
well he seems to be the smartest there but he becomes more of a character after cosmo canyon

Cloud72789
02-03-2005, 11:57 PM
He always had an intelligent way of saying things. I don't know what they'd have for him as far as an accent, but I'm pretty sure he'll still have that same intelligent way of speaking that he had in the game.

BackRoomKid
02-04-2005, 01:29 AM
In 2 years maybe he got his paws on sum hair dye

yeah, people were first picky about sephorith resurrection, than aeris resurrection, then tifa, now redxii(nanaki)

who's next?!

TheAbominatrix
02-04-2005, 01:37 AM
Not wanting dead characters to be revived isnt as bad as nitpicking character looks. Changes come with graphics.

Sepho
02-04-2005, 04:21 AM
Pointing out the differences in the appearance of Red XIII on two completely different platforms is fine, but let's not ignore the just-as-noticable differences in appearance in every other character.

While Nanaki always had a "proper English" feel to his dialogue, I also always felt that he sounded more or less like your average teenager at the same time (if that's possible). Given that he's supposed to be similar in terms of mental maturity to that of a 16 year old human (and that that comparative age would increase by less than a full year for the start of AC), I'm really hoping (likely in vain) that his character has some of that late teens personality mixed in.

Because that's what I always liked about Red. While I see most other players write him off as the "older, wiser party member" cliche character (while completely forgetting Bugenhagen's statement about his relative human age), I always thought he was more complex because of his species' longevity making him no more emotionally developed than a teenage boy.

TheAbominatrix
02-04-2005, 08:29 PM
The differences come with time and graphics. It's been two years for the characters, and people change and grow within the time of two years. Barret and Tifa have changed their hair. Most of them have different outfits on. Pesonally, I'd be disgusted to find they hadnt changed in a few small mannerisms.

Cloud72789
02-05-2005, 12:11 AM
Well, I don't really see what the big deal is with Red XIII. He looks awesome to me!

Shoden
02-05-2005, 03:50 PM
no offence but i think a british actor would do good for Nanaki

Destai
02-05-2005, 04:19 PM
thats unique.

Shoden
02-05-2005, 04:30 PM
meh his formal non dialect speech would be suited to a english accent but not a cockney/londoner someone from the mid parts

BackRoomKid
02-05-2005, 07:26 PM
^^^I hear you...that'd suit him well

I also like the idea of a more late teen personality to be mixed in as well...I completely forgot that he was (in his species) about a teenager...

Shoden
02-05-2005, 10:57 PM
16 to be exact but those 2 years may have added to his maturity

Sepho
02-05-2005, 11:39 PM
The differences come with time and graphics. It's been two years for the characters, and people change and grow within the time of two years. Barret and Tifa have changed their hair. Most of them have different outfits on. Pesonally, I'd be disgusted to find they hadnt changed in a few small mannerisms.

I agree. In fact, it wouldn't be completely unreasonable to see a number of different outfits for each character, considering that your average human wears at least one different set of clothes each day. I understand how difficult it would be from a technical standpoint to create different variations/textures for each character model, but I've always had this complaint with cartoons (namely anime), in which case it's no excuse.

16 to be exact but those 2 years may have added to his maturity

People are capable of growing a lot between 16 and 17** but I would attribute any major growing to the events that took place during the course of the second half of the game. People don't mature unless circumstances force them to.

Age * NHR = not yet 17 (16 2/3), where Age is Nanaki's age, and its value is 50, and NHR is the ratio of longevity of Nanaki's race compared to that of humans (its value is 1/3, where nanaki ages roughly a third as fast as the average human - 48 (physical age) * 1/3 = 16 (mental age).

Shoden
02-06-2005, 12:01 AM
well we dont undertsand Nanaki/Red XIII's race enough to estimate his maturity growth

Destai
02-06-2005, 12:04 AM
No Square said so.

Camanche
02-06-2005, 01:31 AM
I was really put off by Red XIII when I first saw him. To me, something just doesn't look right about him. I expected his fur to be a different shade of red, and not all... puffy. He looks really puffy- I think that's what has been bothering me. :p

Destai
02-06-2005, 01:41 AM
Well there hasnt been many screens of him. The puffy part is probably just his mane. The rest of him may be smoothed out much more.

Camanche
02-06-2005, 02:30 AM
Possibly. The screens and movie footage I have seen of him is when he is moving, so perhaps it's just his hair moving according to his... movement. But when I say puffy, I mean ALL of him looks puffy, not just the mane. Heh heh, scary thought.

Sepho
02-06-2005, 04:58 AM
Actually, I noticed more of just an overall "bulkiness" to Red's model, whereas his FF7 model was skinnier around the waste, and he had a longer, thinner neck, which gave him a more elongated, elegant shape. Once again, the difference in media platforms is the explanation for the change, but Red ends up a little skinner than what I have perceived him to be from his trailer footage.

Yuffie514
02-20-2005, 12:21 AM
he looks shaggy to me :D !

Angel of light
02-20-2005, 07:29 PM
I think he look like a big ball of red hair, and he looks like he's about to tear you apart. What happened to that cool and smart thinking wolf/lion. :confused:

Jenova
02-20-2005, 08:14 PM
Naniki looks sweet man. As someone said above.. How can you make a talking dog with a flamming tail not stand out? Not to mention he is red.

Camanche
02-20-2005, 08:41 PM
I think he look like a big ball of red hair, and he looks like he's about to tear you apart. What happened to that cool and smart thinking wolf/lion. :confused:

Heh, yeah, I think that's my complaint about his appearence. He looks to be on the same level as any other random monster you could run into in the game, intelligence-wise. He doesn't have that streamlined, graceful, almost elegant look about him that made it seem believeable for him to be considered of higher-than human intelligence. Now he just looks like some random, feral beast.

If he has some growly, raspy, barely legible sounding animal voice, I'll be dissappointed. Even if he doesn't look like it, I'd like him to be presented as an intelligent speaking character.

Jenova
02-21-2005, 03:40 PM
But they only showed Nanaki in battle. We have not seen him in his 'calm' mode.

Camanche
02-23-2005, 10:31 PM
lol... calm mode? Wasn't aware of that one, So, he what, puffs up and gets bulkier in battle? Heh, amusing to think of.

Cloud72789
02-26-2005, 05:45 AM
Ok, Nanaki is (or was) the protector of Cosmo Canyon. (At least his tribe or species was.) He's supposed to be kinda fierce. And like someone said, we haven't seen Nanaki in anything other than a fight scene. We haven't seen him in a calm situation. He might look a little different in a non-combat scene. I think that he might have a very deep voice, but not a raspy or growly voice. (Just my thought anways.)

Luthien Rogue
02-27-2005, 11:53 AM
lol... calm mode? Wasn't aware of that one, So, he what, puffs up and gets bulkier in battle? Heh, amusing to think of.

...Ok, have you ever seen a cat, for example, get scared/pissed off? And all of their hair stands straight up? Nanaki's in a battle, so just wait until you see him in his "calm mode" (what a cute name o.O).

cloud20747
02-27-2005, 06:41 PM
...Ok, have you ever seen a cat, for example, get scared/pissed off? And all of their hair stands straight up? Nanaki's in a battle, so just wait until you see him in his "calm mode" (what a cute name o.O).

I agree with thw calm mode because everyone looks different when their mad....

Ok, have you ever seen a cat, for example, get scared/pissed off? And all of their hair stands straight up?
wouldn't Red XIII be classified as a Dog?

Sepho
02-27-2005, 07:02 PM
The general consensus seems to be that Nanaki has combination of traits from multiple species (namely, cat and dog). There's a thread lying around in the FF7 [main game] forum where the topic has been dicussed.

Luthien Rogue
02-27-2005, 07:43 PM
RedXIII the "Lion Hound" as many call him. He's very similiar to a lion or tiger, which are cats, so...

Sepho
02-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Here's a link to the thread I mentioned if your interested:

http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56579

It's a pretty good discussion; it has some solid points.

cloud20747
02-28-2005, 02:46 AM
Oh thanks

Greiver205
03-19-2005, 04:16 PM
I think he looks awesome in Advent Children!!!! His brown eye looks cool... I want hear how he sounds when he talks in the movie. It looks cool when he runs up and bites that monster thing.

Cloud72789
03-21-2005, 04:24 AM
I think he looks awesome in Advent Children!!!! His brown eye looks cool... I want hear how he sounds when he talks in the movie. It looks cool when he runs up and bites that monster thing.

That big monster thing? :lol: That is Bahamut Sin. :D And yeah, I agree, RedXIII looks awesome! Could anyone imagine him looking better? I couldn't. :D

Greiver205
03-21-2005, 09:34 PM
I cant imagine him looking any better!!