PDA

View Full Version : FFX is it worth the money?

NOFX1117
01-28-2005, 11:02 PM
i am thinking of buying a ps2 and FFX bacause everyone tells me how great it is, is it really? i've played FFI,II,III,V,VII,Tactics Advance, and crystal chronicals, but i liked ffI and VII... is it anything like them? also if i buy ffX-2 after i beat ffX can i transfer my characters to ffX-2? how much is ffX about?who are the main characters? are they all girls? is it a really long and boring game like crystal chronicals is? or is it fun everystep of the way with a good story to back it up like ffVII? i would like to know basically everything about this game before i go out and spend over 200 bucks on it and ps2...

Angelroo
01-28-2005, 11:14 PM
definitely, in fact that's why i got a ps2! great game :D

SeeDRankLou
01-28-2005, 11:59 PM
Nowadays, FFX is probably $20 since it's a greatest hit, and you can probably get it used for cheaper. FFX is actually very little like FFVII, but I think you'll still like it. It's a pretty good game, and it has a great storyline. It is rather long, but it's not really boring at all. It is rather linear though, and the time that you have to do sidequests is clumped into one timespan, that's probably the boring part of this whole game. You can't transfer a save file from FFX to FFX-2, they use two entirely different systems and doing so would be pointless. I would say FFX is worth the price of a PS2 and the game. Plus, you'll have a PS2, so you can get other good games as well.

Edit: Oh yeah, and you can probably also get a refurbished PS2 for about $120.

finalheaven
01-29-2005, 12:39 AM
definitely worth it ! ermm.. i dont live in the USA so i duuno the price thingys but its like £104 for the new, slim ps2....well if not u could always borrow one..AND the ps2 works out as a pretty hefty good looking dvd player ^_^

J.D
01-29-2005, 02:17 AM
But Of Course
Its One Of The Best FFs
Even Tough FF X2 Sucks Bigtime

.:the chocobo master:.
01-29-2005, 04:29 AM
i don't know about you guys, but in Australia we got a PS2 FFX bundle pack. It came with a FFX themed PS2 box and a couple of extra things like a bonus FF DVD. As for the topic at hand: Yes, definatly worth it.

Kamrusepas
01-29-2005, 08:54 AM
Must agree with J.D.

But how is FFX very much like FFVII?

Rainecloud
01-29-2005, 09:15 AM
It's a bit easy, but it's definitely worth the cash.

Wuggly Blight
01-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Not worth it at all, rent it instead and save yourself the cash.

I Don't Need A Name
01-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Even Tough FF X2 Sucks Bigtime
Dont u mean X sucks compared 2 X-2

Trumpet Thief
01-29-2005, 05:51 PM
Dont u mean X sucks compared 2 X-2

chaos: No :D

Rubedo: Anyhow, I believe that every Final Fantasy should be worth the money. Don't listen to what someone else says. Play it, and form your own opinion. :D

I Don't Need A Name
01-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Rubedo: Anyhow, I believe that every Final Fantasy should be worth the money. Don't listen to what someone else says. Play it, and form your own opinion. :D
Good Advice!

NOFX1117
01-29-2005, 07:33 PM
thanx guys, ill take a little of each of your advice, ill buy a ps2, and rent the game from blockbuster, no late fees, and thats that. thanx! :nibbles:

I Don't Need A Name
01-29-2005, 07:40 PM
does any1 think rentin is a good idea. i dont. ff X costs £20 so its not expensive and most people like it

DJZen
01-30-2005, 07:47 PM
I think if you liked FFI and FFVII it's likely you'll enjoy FFX. It's more like FFVII than FFI because of the Sphere Grid system, but it's still fairly different. I personally think I might like it more than FFVII, even though the dialog is terrible.

Wuggly Blight
01-30-2005, 08:16 PM
FFX is NOTHING like VII, or any of the series, its a big depature. ANyway you can easy complete it within the rental time.

Yuffie514
01-30-2005, 08:25 PM
there's no Final Fantasy that's not ever worth my money :) . however, Final Fantasy Tactics did little to please me... :sweatdrop

SomethingBig
01-31-2005, 12:06 AM
does any1 think rentin is a good idea. i dont. ff X costs £20 so its not expensive and most people like it
In the states it costs $5 to rent a game from your local Blockbuster. If you buy a game you don't like, then that's a lot more money wasted.

My 2 cents on FFX: before this game, I thought I would never have to double-guess buying an FF game. Now, I will rent every new FF game before buying it, save for the remakes. FFX sucked that much for me.

Kathryn
02-13-2005, 08:18 AM
i am thinking of buying a ps2 and FFX bacause everyone tells me how great it is, is it really? i've played FFI,II,III,V,VII,Tactics Advance, and crystal chronicals, but i liked ffI and VII... is it anything like them? also if i buy ffX-2 after i beat ffX can i transfer my characters to ffX-2? how much is ffX about?who are the main characters? are they all girls? is it a really long and boring game like crystal chronicals is? or is it fun everystep of the way with a good story to back it up like ffVII? i would like to know basically everything about this game before i go out and spend over 200 bucks on it and ps2...

it would only be $29.95 because it went Platinum

tehSlippy
02-13-2005, 05:59 PM
It costs about $8 (with tax) to rent it for 3 days (or is it 7 days now?) But, for less than $30 more, you can buy it, and have it for the rest of your life. Now, unless you plan on playing non-stop for the duration of the renting period, you won't be able to complete the game *FULLY* - meaning full stats, celestial weapons, etc etc.

Just buy it. If you are short on money, just get it used.

ruby azaryth
02-14-2005, 04:07 PM
IT IS THE BEST FF GAME EVER! BUY IT!

Ultima Shadow
02-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Any game with "Final Fantasy" in its name is worth buying! :p

UltimateSpamGrover
02-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Any game with "Final Fantasy" in its name is worth buying! :p

Except VIII, X, X-2, Crystal Chronicles, and Tactics Advance

rubah
02-14-2005, 11:35 PM
Well gosh darn it, I liked ff8, ffx, ffx-2, and fft-a!

they need to make more of those undeserving of buying final fantasies:D

Yuffie514
02-14-2005, 11:51 PM
for all the questions that appear in this form in the other EoFF sections...yes! buy it, buy it, buy it :D !

FallenAngel411
02-14-2005, 11:58 PM
My first Final Fantasy :D

I remember the way my jaw dropped to the ground when I saw the first FMV. That game made me lose many nights of sleep, agonizing over the way it would end.

Yes, its worth the money. Every penny.