PDA

View Full Version : Hot girls at gamestop

Nevremon
01-29-2005, 07:17 AM
I have been noticing an increasing number of good-looking ladies w/ gaming interest.
There are not 1, not 2, but 3 bombshells at the gamestop by my house.

Isnt that one of the signs for the end of the world??? :tongue:

Of course my trips to gamestop have increased, so maybe it is just a marketing ploy :D

-NXIII

krissy
01-29-2005, 07:27 AM
sex sells

also it smells

on a different tangent, there was this one hot girl down at the ward the other day. her temperature was nearing 41 °C, she needed ice packs. poor thing. hope she gets better. this never happened to me but it probably did. say a prayer for the sick tonigth.

i know lots of girls who play video games. they're not very good at shooting ones tho.

Jojee
01-29-2005, 07:31 AM
I can kick yo' arse at shooting ones any day ^_-

...Well, by shooting ones I mean like, duckhunt. =|

Not Halo. That makes me dizzy.

I had a fever of 41 degrees once ^^ remember?

And yeah, there's plenty of hot girl gamers at EoFF :tongue:

Rainecloud
01-29-2005, 08:02 AM
Yes, there's two or three nice looking ladies here at EoFF.

People sometimes seem quite surprised when they learn that females post here.

Jojee
01-29-2005, 08:06 AM
Just two or three, Rainy? :p You must have incredibly high standards; I know way more than that here.

Rainecloud
01-29-2005, 08:11 AM
Shlup and Chaos spring to mind immediately, but I'll have to check the album again.

You must have incredibly high standards

Nah. I just like tomboys.

-N-
01-29-2005, 10:16 AM
You're probably just experiencing permanent geek-goggles.

Zante
01-29-2005, 11:19 AM
i know lots of girls who play video games. they're not very good at shooting ones tho.

A girl I know is better in counterstrike/half life/UT 2003 etc than any of the boys at our school.

Cz
01-29-2005, 11:49 AM
Here in East London we're currently suffering from a hot girl famine. Attractive females are exceedingly rare, attractive gaming girls are practically mythological. :p

Pure Strife
01-29-2005, 12:21 PM
Girls at game stores make me feel uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a shy geek "ah! Girls!" type, I'm good with women. Honestly.

But it's like... a game store is that one place where you can unleash your geekiness in public, where you can drool over games with titles like Final Fantasy and not worry what people are thinking, cause they're all there for the same reason- to drool over games. It's like a male bonding thing, with an unspoken aura of understanding passing through each and every FPS toting, RPG loving, fighting game fan in that one small slice of sanctuary.

But then you add a girl into the equation, and it becomes a little uncomfortable. You add a hot girl, and everyone is suddenly concerned about openly discussing which RPG has the better gameplay, and how many frags they got in Quake 3 last night, because they just don't want females seeing them in that situation where they are exposed at their geeky-ist.

They need to open separate game stores for attractive women.

ljkkjlcm9
01-29-2005, 12:54 PM
They need to open separate game stores for attractive women.

That'd be a great way to bring our culture back o so many years.

Girl gamers, sure sounds great. I've met a few here in good old USA in my areas. I'm good at most games, and in general I'm better than most people I know, but there are a few in individual categories better than me. Like Halo 2, I know this one guy who is completely amazing. And my older brother was insanely good at Counterstrike a few years back.

But, in my experience, I've met few girl gamers, partially because any that are, don't like to admit it, which is weird. They want to keep their girly presence, and guys are targeted when game companies sell, so it's considered a guy thing. Personally I don't care what people think of me, they don't like me, screw them. SO girl gamers, I suggest doing the same.

And then he found his dream girl, and they spent all night together............

....playing games like, Halo, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and countless other great games....

THE JACKEL

Flamethrower
01-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Usually, the only girls I see at video game stores are ones that are just tagging along with their boyfriends.

Dreamtiger42
01-29-2005, 02:25 PM
me and my friend Siobhan went into Gamesworkshop Nottingham (We like warhammer as well as FF) and the guys in there were patronising her! i look too much like a guy for the to be bothered, but she's hot, and they're all "are you sure you know what your doing, let me show you around, this is a gamming bored" and shes like "yea? i have made one" and their all :eek: lol :)

Usually, the only girls I see at video game stores are ones that are just tagging along with their boyfriends.

yea, thats sucks, luckily me and my boyfriend (yay matt) like warhammer and final fantasy, it confuses people when i say me and my boyfriend are great friends too and we do sit around kicking each others ass's at computer games and playing warhammer and stuff and not constantly...... doing things that people expect couples to be doing :D lol

Please do not double post, use the edit button instead. ~Krang

theundeadhero
01-29-2005, 05:19 PM
I've yet to meet a girl in real life that likes to play FF. Much less one that would want to be my girlfriend. :(

Xander
01-29-2005, 06:29 PM
*is a hot gaming laydee* Or something.

When I went into a games shop the other day the guy in there said he was happy to see a girl gamer especially one who liked retro games. I guess where I live they are very rare. xD

m4tt
01-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Locally I don't know any "hot gaming girls". But I do know some. This one girl I've been talking to a lot lately likes FF games and other games that I like. Plus we play RO together. Too bad she lives somthin like 2,000 miles away. :p

RSL
01-29-2005, 06:46 PM
There are no hot girls around here, let alone hot gaming girls.

TheAbominatrix
01-29-2005, 06:47 PM
It's so so annoying when guys make a big deal out of it. Shlup and I (I'm average, she's hot) have had so many bad experiences. Like going into a game store and talking about a game together, and having weird guys follow us around the mall like lost puppies. A few years ago we made the mistake of telling two that we liked anime, and oh boy...

Yamaneko
01-29-2005, 07:38 PM
It's not surprising since the gaming industry is now bigger than the movie industry (in terms of money). There's bound to be a few hot girls out there for the millions of lonely gamer guys. :p

Jojee
01-29-2005, 07:53 PM
Dorks xD If any (hot) girls are at game stores, then it's probably because they LIKE them? I met some of my guy friends from game stores ^^

Miriel
01-29-2005, 10:14 PM
It's so so annoying when guys make a big deal out of it.

YES.

Awhile ago I asked for a job application at Gamestop and the guy behind the counter kept saying things like "Wait...do you even play games?" It got annoying, fast.

I have a lot of girl friends who are "gamers" and they're all beautiful ladies. :)

gokufusionss1
01-29-2005, 10:18 PM
we have a couple of quite attractive ladies at my old work, me and a couple of the guys never got much work done we were allways talking to them.

Shlup
01-29-2005, 11:57 PM
Dear males in this thread:

Don't be creepy.

One time I went to the anime store and there was a boy there and he followed me to the video game store. ;_; He only left me alone after he asked me about my brother (I was walking with BJ) and I was like this is my boyfriend dumass.

Peace out,
ShlupQuack

Yamaneko
01-30-2005, 12:07 AM
Yeah, well how about the good looking guys that get all the dorky girls running after them, huh? :cry:

-N-
01-30-2005, 01:52 AM
Yeah, dude, it's tough.

ZeZipster
01-30-2005, 02:22 AM
Oh-my-god... You saw a female.

kawakami Gensai
01-30-2005, 02:34 AM
Whats even rarer than seeing girls at game stores is getting one you can convert to gamers.

Chibi Youkai
01-30-2005, 02:36 AM
Hey, I have to have my friends shut me up about videogames many a time.
It's just annoying when a guy googles at you because you're female and can beat them at most fighting games.

MecaKane
01-30-2005, 03:05 AM
One time at EB this good looking girl was infront of me in the line, and she was trading in games, or buying more than one, or something so the guy gave her a deal on a magazine subscription or something. The WHOLE thing was just weird, and when he asked her her address she lived in Labrador (far away from where I live) so I guess she was comfortable giving that to him, but when he asked her her phone number she was all "Uh... >_>" And it was funny. Also a pretty good looking girl I went to highschool with works there, too.
I don't really mind, though. Unless they're in my way, cause it's a pretty small store, I don't want to move past them a little too closely and get maced when I'm just trying to get to the PS2 section in the back. :(

Mr. Graves
01-30-2005, 05:48 AM
Eh, there are Bombshells around that are into almost anything. Seriously, I think there's no shortage of gaming girls out there. Even smokin' ones.

Hawkeye
01-30-2005, 06:03 AM
i think the world is going to collapse. a girl walked into a gaming store
*dies*

Dingo Jellybean
01-30-2005, 06:04 AM
Seriously...a topic on this?

I'm sorry, anyone who walks into Gamestop or any gaming store to buy a game just to interest a "hot" lady is really desperate, really a loser, and is a true nerd.

I rather have someone who has similar career interests(namely cause I don't play games anymore) than game interests.

With that being said, I feel embarrassed about "unleashing my geekiness" in ANY place...even online. I don't know why, maybe it's because I have absolutely no game systems now and I can't garner enough interest to ever purchase a system in the future.

Besides, there are attractive people at any workplace. Your hormones should never have to dictate where you shop...unless it's your significant other that you think about. :-)

eestlinc
01-30-2005, 06:24 AM
if someone doesn't like you because you're a "Geek" then you are better off not being friends with them.

MecaKane
01-30-2005, 06:32 AM
I rather have someone who has similar career interests(namely cause I don't play games anymore) than game interests.
It doesn't really make any bit of sense to say how you wouldn't want a girl with simliar gaming interests, and then say you don't have any.
You might aswell be posting on a nazi forum how you don't want a nazi girlfriend, because it would make you a sad loser, on and by the way you don't have a problem with Jews.

Ultima Shadow
01-30-2005, 12:05 PM
I wished there could be more hot gameing girls. :( They are way too rare over here...

Cz
01-30-2005, 12:24 PM
I'm sorry, anyone who walks into Gamestop or any gaming store to buy a game just to interest a "hot" lady is really desperate, really a loser, and is a true nerd.You've obviously never been in love. :love:

meanpeoplesuck
01-30-2005, 08:04 PM
*cough* I'll admit when I go into gaming stores I check out the boys running the shop...

Only to be disappointed.

Not turn the thread around but... where are all the smokin' hot gamer boys? ;)

They're all inside playing their dang games thats where!

And I am one of the gamer girls that avoid admitting to people I meet that I play video and computer games. Mostly because 1. Most guys don't believe you, 2. They think- oh, haha just stupid games like Tetris (which rocks dammit!) or Final Fantasy X-2 (which rocks too, grr!)., 3. Aren't into video games and start to give you a strange look when you start trying to explain yourself. and 4. Thinks that your 'video game playing' consists of you play once in a while- meaning once a year.

So generally I just keep my mouth shut about it unless asked directly. :riiight:

And we have pictures of people? Where?

TheAbominatrix
01-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Smoking hot gamer boys are inside with the smoking hot hamer girls. Proof: ButThePoncho and ShlupQuack.

There's a link to the album at the top of the forum. Under the banner.

DMKA
01-30-2005, 09:41 PM
Yeah, we all know that it's a fact that gamers = fat butt ugly people who'd never be able to attract anyone else. This is truly a sign of end times. :rolleyes2

meanpeoplesuck
01-31-2005, 05:48 AM
gamers = fat butt ugly people who'd never be able to attract anyone else.

You're just repeating what the media tells you to say :p

Those smoking hot gamers you speak of are across the country. I need some east coast gamers to sit around and "let" me win at Halo.

Leeza
01-31-2005, 06:03 AM
It is funny that males don't think of females as being gamers. When I heard some guys at work talking about an online game that they were into I asked them what it was and their answer was, "Oh, it's just a game. You wouldn't know it." Turns out the game was FFXI and when I told them that FFs were my favourite game and that I moderated an FF Forum they just stared at me and couldn't believe that a female was into games, let alone FF. Then they invited me to play with them when I got my FFXI.

Azure Chrysanthemum
01-31-2005, 06:23 AM
Oh for the love of...

I hardly think gaming girls (or attractive ones for that matter) are really THAT mythical, I certainly know enough.

Dingo Jellybean
01-31-2005, 06:52 AM
You've obviously never been in love. :love:

I have...just not in a geeky-gaming-fetish way.

eestlinc
01-31-2005, 11:53 PM
It is funny that males don't think of females as being gamers. When I heard some guys at work talking about an online game that they were into I asked them what it was and their answer was, "Oh, it's just a game. You wouldn't know it." Turns out the game was FFXI and when I told them that FFs were my favourite game and that I moderated an FF Forum they just stared at me and couldn't believe that a female was into games, let alone FF. Then they invited me to play with them when I got my FFXI.

See, I would be totally shocked if <i>anyone</i> I work with told me they modded a FF forum, man or woman.

Dark Goddess
02-01-2005, 04:46 AM
Guys do seem to under estimate girls in there power of gaming. For example: My friend and I and HUGE gamers, (FF, shotting games, DDR, ect., ect.) and everytime we try to talk to a guy about it they either laugh or stare at us all weird w/ that "Yeah right!" look on there face. I hate that! :mad:

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-02-2005, 10:15 PM
Just as I figured! Its all about the look for you! What about personality and all that awesome stuff. News flash: If youre in it for the looks than your a freaking retard!

m4tt
02-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Just as I figured! Its all about the look for you! What about personality and all that awesome stuff. News flash: If youre in it for the looks than your a freaking retard!

When you notice someone for the first time, what do you see? Their looks most likely. There has to be atleast SOME attraction on the physical level. I've yet to hear someone say "Man, I walked into gamestop and this girl had the sexiest brain I'd ever seen!"

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-02-2005, 10:51 PM
yes you see there looks at first. BUT I assume you talk to them some before asking them out!

m4tt
02-02-2005, 10:52 PM
Well obviously.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-02-2005, 10:55 PM
and yes looks have some affect. But unlike most people its not the WHOLE reason!

Lucky Charms
02-02-2005, 11:43 PM
final fantasy gamers at game stop.. esp the dorky ones who know everything about it are hawt. ;)

uh.. cute girls who like FF at game stop? can i be included in that list XD

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-03-2005, 03:55 AM
certainly!

FFX_fanatiq
10-21-2005, 05:26 AM
Not turn the thread around but... where are all the smokin' hot gamer boys?

They're all inside playing their dang games thats where!

And I am one of the gamer girls that avoid admitting to people I meet that I play video and computer games. Mostly because 1. Most guys don't believe you, 2. They think- oh, haha just stupid games like Tetris (which rocks dammit!) or Final Fantasy X-2 (which rocks too, grr!)., 3. Aren't into video games and start to give you a strange look when you start trying to explain yourself. and 4. Thinks that your 'video game playing' consists of you play once in a while- meaning once a year.

Hmm im a bit diff
my folder=final fantasy
in my locker-stragety guides
my evenings-7 hrs ff12
in my mouth-I LOVE FINAL FANTASY YOU FOOLS
my clothes-cosplays rinoa/tifa
IL FF oMG YOU Do tOO ILU
seriously the word ff makes me get a rush its verys trange
all guys should like ff earth would be heaven i wouldent mind getting married lol

eestlinc
10-21-2005, 05:32 AM
please don't revive nine month old threads.