PDA

View Full Version : New Gameplay Footage

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-29-2005, 10:31 AM
Here (http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4251) is a new video featuring a good four-minute exposition of the game and its new features. (Well, it's new to us; apparently it's actually from last year's E3 and is only now getting out to the public.) Only three locations are shown--one city, one dungeon, and one field--but they're all incredibly vast; the city gives this impression the best, and if these are representative of the size of the rest of the game's locations, we've got quite a game to look forward to. The mechanics of the battle system are on display, as well, and look great. Just look.

Del Murder
01-30-2005, 07:58 AM
Looks awesome. Thanks for the link.

Craig
01-30-2005, 12:33 PM
Looks excellent, but the battle system seems a tad awkward to me, I hope i'm proved wrong.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-30-2005, 01:12 PM
Yeah, it is kinda jarring to watch, but I also get the feeling like it'll be fairly intuitive once the controller's actually in my hands.

Camanche
01-31-2005, 07:42 PM
Maybe the pauses in battle can be switched into an active mode, much like you can switch to active in other FF's, where the monsters attack, regardless or what you're doing, or to wait where the game will wait indefinately for you to select your comands. I'm sure I'd get used to all the pausing, but it'd be nice to have a battle system that flows instead of pausing constantly.

Destai
02-25-2005, 02:12 AM
This game looks so much fun and the fantasy looks far more unique, Not just a story from a certain time period like medieval in I-IV or Industrial revolution in VI.

m4tt
02-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Wow that looks pretty fun. :O

My name is...something..?
03-05-2005, 07:10 AM
Maybe the pauses in battle can be switched into an active mode, much like you can switch to active in other FF's, where the monsters attack, regardless or what you're doing, or to wait where the game will wait indefinately for you to select your comands. I'm sure I'd get used to all the pausing, but it'd be nice to have a battle system that flows instead of pausing constantly.

Hope there is an ability to switch to active mode, but if you didn't realize, it looked like it was going slow because the guy who was playing was selecting commands really slowly, I don't know about you but I don't take a long time to make decisions.

But the game does look like it has a lot of stuff going for it hope it doesn't fall flat.

wuglendei
03-06-2005, 04:10 AM
wait wheres the LINK?!?! I CANT FIND ITT!

Ichimonji
03-06-2005, 04:36 AM
Here. (http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4251)

abrojtm
03-16-2005, 12:40 AM
So this game is like playing FFXI, except you control all of the characters?

Heh, they are using the exact same Mandragora from FFXI.

Ouch!
03-16-2005, 02:38 AM
Heh, they are using the exact same Mandragora from FFXI.
I know, aren't they so cute? ^_^

Destai
03-22-2005, 05:17 PM
The boy who sits/sat in the white room gazing out a window who Vaan came to visit, isnt that the same person who was with Basch when the king was killed for trying to sell out Dalmasca? It said in the FFXII faq Necro posted that the tutorial would take place two years before the game and the tutorial would be played by Vaans brother and explained by Basch. The boy with Basch mentions something off a brother in Dalmasca being all he has left. But isnt the man who sat in the white room also the man who Ashe was marrying? Sorry if it wasnt explained well enough.

Sephiroths Clone
03-29-2005, 02:27 AM
the guy in the white room does look like the guy with basch they probably are the same. but i read somewhere in a translated scene that basch stabs that guy and thats when he says vaan in the trailer.

Renegade135
03-30-2005, 01:48 AM
I don't know if anyone hasen't seen any of these movies but I have a few if anyone wants to watch them. Click here for a list of Movies (http://www.tckcnet.com/tank135ck/movies/Final%20FantasyXII)

Vyk
03-30-2005, 02:32 AM
Traveling around looks interesting enough. But I'm not feeling that battle system. Too much crap crowding the screen. Not liking the curvey countdown/distance bar, or the warnings about the enemies attacks. Hopefully that can be turned off...

YukiKiro
03-30-2005, 02:57 AM
i gotta say, not bad at all. looks like ffIX with a squinge of maturity and a twist of darkness, which is what the game needed in the first place. i liked what i saw, i won't lie.

KentaRawr!
04-19-2005, 11:44 PM
Hmm... That looks interesting. :cool: I hope they don't make too many changes to that Battle System.

crashNUMBERS
04-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Tis' game looks so awsome. Hey kishi you don't mind if I post any pics do you??

yunafan01
06-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Here (http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4251) is a new video featuring a good four-minute exposition of the game and its new features. (Well, it's new to us; apparently it's actually from last year's E3 and is only now getting out to the public.) Only three locations are shown--one city, one dungeon, and one field--but they're all incredibly vast; the city gives this impression the best, and if these are representative of the size of the rest of the game's locations, we've got quite a game to look forward to. The mechanics of the battle system are on display, as well, and look great. Just look.

That looked really nice, but i don't think i would like the walking around, plus i wonder if you can run away from the enemys when they are attacking you, and then if your running around, then your other guys are like dead weaght, they only move when you move. So if you can run around when the enemy is attacking, what about them, they have the risk of dying, and what about bosses, it seems a little odd for me, but maybe i will think different about it when i play it.

King~Philip
06-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Err..it kinda plays well...its like playing an online game offline :lol:

But changing the battle system loses the Feel of "Final Fantasy" T_T and i hate that

crazybayman
07-20-2005, 05:24 PM
Not liking the curvey countdown/distance bar
Is THAT what that is? It makes the game actually look fake, or arcade-ish. It also looks like the characters are constantly drawing magic from the enemies. I hope you can get rid of that.

Other than that, it looks awesome, I can't wait. But I guess I'm gonna have to......at least another 6 months :mad:

true_bacon22
07-29-2005, 05:51 PM
when does it come out when does it come out when does it come out when does it come out when does it come out when does it come out when does it come out when does it come ouwhen does it come out t when does it come out when does it come out when does it come out when does it come out when does iwhen does it come out t come out when does it come out when dowhen does it come out es it come out when does it come out and for what better be ps2 better be ps2 better be ps2 better be ps2 better be ps2 better be ps2 better be ps2 better be ps2 :love: :) :) :confused: :tongue: :p

Lawr
08-22-2005, 10:25 AM
and what about bosses, it seems a little odd for me, but maybe i will think different about it when i play it.

Same here it would be weird running away from a boss or it might be like FFXI
No matter how far you run they still hit you a mile away...and i thought
those little green things were Mandragoras.

-RiKkU'S MaAaN-
09-05-2005, 03:55 AM
ok after watching a whole bunch of trailers and doing a whole bunch of research ive come to this conclusion about the battle system, think of it sort of like kingdom hearts, you walk up to the enemies, no random battle transitions, and you only control one character, however, unlike kingdom hearts, you can switch characters and use the "gambit" ability to command ur uncontrolled characters from there, selecting things like all attack or heal you'reselves k? and they're not constantly drawing magic from the enemies, they are used to select which enemy you are going to attack and once you select it, ur ATB gauge fills up and then you innitiate ur command. I imagine bosses will be the same way only you can not run from them. Hope this clears some things up :D

Dreddz
09-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Looks pretty good, they seem to have pulled off a pretty cool system, but the whole lines towards enemies thing confused me, took me some time to understand that they werent laser beams.

Destai
09-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Should someone edit this to day OLD gameplay footage?

boys from the dwarf
09-28-2005, 07:35 AM
Tis' game looks so awsome. Hey kishi you don't mind if I post any pics do you??
just do it.

RiTaPuffy
10-20-2005, 02:54 AM
Battle System seems pretty... annoying.
Everytime when you need to change command the whole battle screen just stop, no more exciting speedy battle feeling, disappointed:(

DJZen
10-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Wow, looks like it plays almost exactly like FFXI, only now there's a visual representation of aggro. Everyone who wished for FFXI Offline got their wish. I like. Also... GREEN magic?

ThroneofDravaris
10-24-2005, 11:39 AM
It would seem they decided to make things easier by grouping all the crap spells like poison under one name so people know not to use them.

RiTaPuffy
10-25-2005, 07:57 PM
Wow, looks like it plays almost exactly like FFXI, only now there's a visual representation of aggro. Everyone who wished for FFXI Offline got their wish. I like. Also... GREEN magic?
Green magic?

Ok not thats when things get complicated. The word light green in Chinese means blue in Japanese. So its actually blue magic.

And as I know about Final Fantasy, there is only Black Magic (attack), White Magic (Defense, support), Red Magic (Attack and support, but no super advence magic in Black and White) and Blue Magic (Unique, enemies' skills?)

DJZen
11-01-2005, 03:11 AM
Black Magic = offensive magic
White Magic = resotrative and defensive magic
Time & Space Magic = self explanatory
Blue Magic = learned from enemies

Green Magic = status magic?

There's no such thing as "red magic" in the series. A red mage just uses black and white magic.

nattalita
11-16-2005, 01:54 PM

um...where`s the link?? :confused:

Sain Cai
11-26-2005, 08:41 PM
Looks good. The battle system and overall feel reminds me of Knights of the Old Republic, in which I liked the gaeplay on that. Toobad I will have to wait til probably late 2006 for it.

What I didnt seem to like is it looks like there is a lack of eyecandy for spells, unless I missed it.

Kyuu
01-04-2006, 09:48 AM
um...where`s the link?? :confused:

The link was on the word HERE.

It's cool to see a new game play on the set..eventhough I kinda lost the FF feeling to it..

yunafan11
01-22-2006, 01:38 AM
Thanks for sharing that. I'm really cought up in this game. lol.