PDA

View Full Version : fav. character ELIMINATION round 7...vote out your LEAST favorite

JseanjohnC
01-29-2005, 06:27 PM
43% Red XIII ur eliminated! Well @ least u were 4th place! that leaves only one more of my favorites eliminated! Cloud, Cid, Vincent have made there way into the final 3! I knew from the beginning redxiii would be 3rd-5th place! so im not that dissapointed as much as i have w/ tifa! NEXT WEEK: there will be two left which one is the winner!

MY VOTE: vincent(fourth time in a row)
I am not goin 2 bother repeating myself of my reasons...if ya really wanna kno go visit rounds 4-6 again lol!

PS/BTW:
If ya are a fan of these kinda folls and ur a fan of me( lol) go to the X-2 forum and vote for your wildcard pic along w/ the 10th person eliminated from the series! thanks a bunch

Sepho
01-29-2005, 06:56 PM
I voted for Cloud to be eliminated.

Flamethrower
01-29-2005, 07:50 PM
I'm going to vote more strategicly rather than who I actually want to go this round. Cloud gets my vote this time.

JunotDe
01-29-2005, 07:55 PM
Cloud for lots of reasons

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-29-2005, 08:06 PM
Vincent, so Cloud isn't losing as much.

Raistlin
01-29-2005, 11:33 PM
Cloud has gotta go. He's the second-most irritating character in the game.

JunotDe
01-30-2005, 12:38 AM
OH LEAST FAVOURIT! WOOOPS! i meant to vote for Cloud to stay..damn..is there anyways to change this

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-30-2005, 01:03 AM
I certainly hope there is a way to change Junot De's vote.

And no, Cloud is not the most annoying character in the game. He's about the (9+(total # of NPC's in FFVII))th most annoying character in FFVII.

Raistlin
01-30-2005, 01:05 AM
I certainly hope there is a way to change Junot De's vote.

And no, Cloud is not the most annoying character in the game. He's about the (9+(total # of NPC's in FFVII))th most annoying character in FFVII.
Cloud bitches and whines throughout the first half of the game. He's stubborn from the very beginning in the mako reactors to the point that you want to reach through the screen and smack him.

JunotDe
01-30-2005, 02:46 AM
How can you actually say that he has the http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifin best attitude ever and he's down wit his homies!

Raistlin
01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
Best attitude? Let's take a quick review of his attitude.

Midgar: refuses to acknowledge he's actually saving the planet. Completely apathetic. Only cares about money. Becomes the leader upon leaving because everyone thinks he was a SOLDIER.

Kalm: whine whine Sephiroth whine whine whine

*tries to remember what Cloud said throughout the rest of disc 1 which is rather tough since it's been two years since he last played*

The date: I never get the Aeris date since I hate Aeris, but with the Tifa date, Tifa makes her feelings so obvious yet Cloud just looks at the pretty lights.

After nearly losing the Black Materia, beats the crap out of Aeris(a huge plus, but it still doesn't make up for his idiocy).

North Crater: where Cloud is the most irritating. "I'm not worried. He's just showing us lies. Don't worry; it's all fake. What, Tifa, it's true? No, it's just Sephiroth's tricks. See, I knew it wasn't going to be me in that picture. It's all illusion yadda yadda yadda" for ETERNITY.

Gets makopoisoning in Mideel and finally acts his IQ.

Goes through the Lifestream sequence with Tifa. Tries to make you feel sympathy, but really only made me think "I feel sorry for Tifa" or "Man, what a dorky lookin' kid."

Apologizes to everyone for being a weak fool. Realizes he fails at life. Everyone wants him to stay for some reason.

Says "let's mosey." Cid cusses him out. This is why Cid is better than Cloud.

Overall, Cloud changes throughout the game, but not for any real reason. He hops on the AVALANCHE bandwagon for no apparent reason. He just suddenly stays with you. He starts out arrogant and blind and stubborn. He finally learns some humility, but it's not until after the Lifestream sequence in the second disc.
Everyone just thinks he rocks because he has "cool"(read: really freakin' ugly) hair, a big sword, and a powerful limit. I fail to see how these have anything to do with character in any way whatsoever.

TheSpoonyBard
01-30-2005, 11:58 AM
I voted Cloud. I was going to say Cid, but it's impossible to argue with Raistlin's reasoning.

Rainecloud
01-30-2005, 02:11 PM
I hate Cid. *votes*

Zante
01-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Cid gets my vote.

Captain Maxx Power
01-30-2005, 02:26 PM
Vincent. Anyone lazy enough to sleep for so long just because they got transformed by a scientist is lacking in effort to the max. And like I said before, apox on the three who voted for Cid.

Armisael
01-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Vincent for me too..

Sepho
01-30-2005, 03:18 PM
I voted for Cloud because this is the best opportunity to eliminate him. If me makes it through this round, he's getting my vote for the next. If not, see ya, Vincent.

Since Red XIII already got eliminated, I'm no longer torn between two characters.

Cloud Strife fanatic
01-30-2005, 07:51 PM
HOW CAN YOU VOTE FOR CLOUD!!!!! CLOUD IS THE BEST! BEST, BEST, BEST, BEST, BEST! oh and i voted for Cid. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

JunotDe
01-30-2005, 08:42 PM
Cid's The biggest dork in the game

Raistlin
01-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Cid's The biggest dork in the game
You are a disgrace.

Flamethrower
01-30-2005, 09:13 PM
Seriously. Cid has more personality than Cloud and Vincent combined.

JseanjohnC
01-30-2005, 10:38 PM
would having a series polls like this b as interestin? there has already been one on 7,9,X-2 so wut about 8?

Dante WolfWood
01-30-2005, 11:35 PM
ok, cloud definetely has to go, I'm so glad hes going!

and can you say that cid is better than vinny? Vinny developed more than cid, could whoop cid easily in battle, AND is very dark and mysterious, making him an all-round cooler guy than cid....what more do you need?

also, I hated the fact that they never described why cid could fight so good, I understood for everyone else, but cid was just a pilot, so why can he fight? Plothole? hmm, not too good.

but I gotta quit saying this, Cid is my 2nd fav. character....BUT VINNY has TO WIN!!!!!

Flamethrower
01-31-2005, 12:04 AM
would having a series polls like this b as interestin? there has already been one on 7,9,X-2 so wut about 8?

That wouldn't work, since all characters in FF8 are equally dislikable. ;) j/k. These things are really fun, I wouldn't mind seeing more.

Vinny developed more than cid

Vincent developed more than Cid? When you first get Vincent, he's a mysterious silent guy. At the end of the game, he's still a mysterious silent guy, only with a short back story. He was by far the least developed character in the game.

Raistlin
01-31-2005, 12:37 AM
and can you say that cid is better than vinny? Vinny developed more than cid, could whoop cid easily in battle, AND is very dark and mysterious, making him an all-round cooler guy than cid....
Vincent is absolutely useless in battle. Cid's Highwind limit break, or even his 3rd level limits, would be instant death in a 1v1 with Vincent. Whereas Vincent could only morph and hope Cid trips or something.

How is Vincent developed more? He has ONE flashback in the first disc, and then does absolutely NOTHING the rest of the game. Don't get me wrong, I love Vincent's character and his story, but saying he's more developed than Cid is blatant bullhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif.

"Dark and mysterious" is also so cliche it hurts.

Dante WolfWood
01-31-2005, 02:14 AM
uggh...I dont want to type all that again bout how Vincent developed, just click on this link:here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=55342) and read my first post.

If you payed very close attention, you can slowly see vincent's character develop over time as he forgives himself.

but for cid, when you get him, he's a mean old guy who cusses and at the end....cid is a mean old guy who cusses, now who developed more?

Also, I still believe Vincent could easily destroy cid in battle 1v1, hell, I believe anyone with common sense could see that. (maybe not in the GAMEplay, I mean, Vinny got screwed over in that one, but I believe in a real 1on1 fight, Cid's limit break couldn't even scratch Chaos)

also, back in 1997, dark and mysterious wasnt so cliche, it might be now, so is big strong heros, which is the reason we got wimpy gay char. as main heros.(Zidane, Tidus, and that gut from FF12)

Personally, I would prefer a dark and mysterious char over a wimpy whiney theif anyday.

edit: also, this isnt judgeing on whos more useful in battle, hell, at the end of FF10, Tidus was WAY more stronger than Auron ans alot faster, but that doesnt make him cooler or my choice for a fav. character, I couldnt stand Tidus.

Sepho
01-31-2005, 02:16 AM
and can you say that cid is better than vinny? Vinny developed more than cid, could whoop cid easily in battle,

Vincent is what I like to call a "Novelty character". Cool? Sure. Useless? Double Sure. His physical attack is pitiful, and his limit breaks, while aesthetically appealing, are incredibly underpowered. And I would have to disagree entirely about Vincent being more developed.

AND is very dark and mysterious,

That describes roughly 96.87 % of the characters that Square churns out these days for their flagship series.

making him an all-round cooler guy than cid....what more do you need?

I suppose it must have been mighty cold in the basement of that there mansion, but Cid wears a scarf for a reason. Gosh.

also, I hated the fact that they never described why cid could fight so good, I understood for everyone else, but cid was just a pilot, so why can he fight? Plothole? hmm, not too good.

I hated the fact that they never described why Vincent, as dark and mysterious as he is (those qualities often accompanying a wonderful ability in battle, as history has tought us), can't fight for the life of him.

Also, I still believe Vincent could easily destroy cid in battle 1v1, hell, I believe anyone with common sense could see that. (maybe not in the GAMEplay, I mean, Vinny got screwed over in that one, but I believe in a real 1on1 fight, Cid's limit break couldn't even scratch Chaos)

What else, besides gameplay, are we supposed to base our respective judgements? It's not as if they're real people.

gay char. as main heros.(Zidane, Tidus, and that gut from FF12)

Dude, both Zidane and Tidus, like, totally made it with chicks. :eek:
I would venture to guess that there may be some homosexual forum readers browsing the forums that could potentially take offense to that remark.

Raistlin
01-31-2005, 02:20 AM
uggh...I dont want to type all that again bout how Vincent developed, just click on this link:here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=55342) and read my first post.

If you payed very close attention, you can slowly see vincent's character develop over time as he forgives himself.
How, when he doesn't speak? He has two very specific points of "development" in the whole damn game, and those two really just give insight to his past. No actual change.

but for cid, when you get him, he's a mean old guy who cusses and at the end....cid is a mean old guy who cusses, now who developed more?
Ok...Vincent is silent at the beginning. And he's silent at the end. Your point?
Cid's past history with Shinra and Shera and the Rocket make him far more of a dynamic, changing(aka "developing") character than Vincent. He has points of exposition just like Vincent, but he also has a HUGE developmental change during the Rocket Huge Materia mission. If you actually played the game, you'd know about it.

Ok...you're admitting Cid could beat Vincent in gameplay...but retort with Vincent would win in a "real" fight...about a game...Sorry, that's just funny.

also, back in 1997, dark and mysterious wasnt so cliche, it might be now, so is big strong heros, which is the reason we got wimpy gay char. as main heros.(Zidane, Tidus, and that gut from FF12)
"Dark and mysterious" has been cliche for decades. Cid is much more original.

Personally, I would prefer a dark and mysterious char over a wimpy whiney theif anyday.
How is that relevant at all?

amratis
01-31-2005, 01:30 PM
I voted Cid, a pox on me hey? :tongue: :D Vincent should win.

amra

Flamethrower
01-31-2005, 10:00 PM

Cid is probably the most well developed character in the game besides Cloud. When you first meet Cid, he is an extremely pissed off, bitter person. By the end of the game, you can clearly see he has let go of most of his anger.

also, back in 1997, dark and mysterious wasnt so cliche

"Dark and mysterious" has been a RPG cliche since RPGs were invented. Remember Shadow from FFVI and Magus from Chrono Trigger? Both were very dark and mysterious characters, and both games came out before FFVII. Those are just two examples that popped into my head, I'm sure there are countless other RPGs with characters that fit the bill of "dark and mysterious" that came before 1997.

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
01-31-2005, 10:28 PM
Man, have I been sick this long? Cloud's been digging one huge hole.

Raistlin, if you like changing and developed characters, you can't get more developed than Cloud.

At the beginning, he's really cold. But, gradually, throughout the course of the game, he gets less cold. It's not quite as profound as Squall's change (man, that ending FMV was beautiful), but it's still very noticable. Plus, he doesn't whine or lie at anytime in the game. He couldn't really control what he was saying until he figured out what really happened 5 years ago, which applies to what you call 'lying.'

He usually never whines, unless you want him to. At the Northern Crater, he's not whining to Hojo. He's mortally depressed, and I think anybody would feel that way (I know what being really depressed is like) if you suddenly realised your life didn't make sense, and you were totally confused.

Raistlin
01-31-2005, 10:42 PM
Raistlin, if you like changing and developed characters, you can't get more developed than Cloud.
Well duh, since he's the main character. Yes, he changes the most. However, my premise is that his attitude for the vast majority of the game is irritating and bitchy. Just because he's developed doesn't mean he's interesting.

At the beginning, he's really cold. But, gradually, throughout the course of the game, he gets less cold.
Amazing revelation.

It's not quite as profound as Squall's change (man, that ending FMV was beautiful), but it's still very noticable.
...don't tell me you like Squall too? You sick, sick person.

Plus, he doesn't whine or lie at anytime in the game.
At the beginning, when Barret tries to tell him they're working to save the Planet, Cloud goes "whatever." That's not whining, per se, but it's arrogant, stubborn angst - just like Squall. He also lies to himself throughout the game.

He couldn't really control what he was saying until he figured out what really happened 5 years ago, which applies to what you call 'lying.'
He could control his denial of everyone trying to tell him the truth.

He usually never whines, unless you want him to. At the Northern Crater, he's not whining to Hojo. He's mortally depressed, and I think anybody would feel that way (I know what being really depressed is like) if you suddenly realised your life didn't make sense, and you were totally confused.
That sections really irrelevant to this discussion, as at that time Cloud was more or less a puppet.

lord shishio
01-31-2005, 11:53 PM
Sorry Cloud, but as the main charector, you know how it is...

battousai9439
02-01-2005, 05:53 AM
Looks like Cloud might go. Oh, s***. Looks like it's gonna be Cid-vs-Vincent. My two fav characters (not counting Aerith) are gonna have to go at it...

JseanjohnC
02-05-2005, 04:15 AM
looks like cid vs. vincent finale starting this weekend

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
02-05-2005, 04:21 AM
Looks like Cid will win, since he's done so well. Well, as long as Vincent doesn't win.

I'm surprised Cloud is a not a lot of people's favorites. I think Cloud ranks as one of the best characters in all the FFs.

Hawkeye
02-05-2005, 04:54 AM
cloud has got to go