PDA

View Full Version : the decline of the marlboro (purposfully misspelt)

mitchellmeek
01-30-2005, 08:27 AM
you know, in all of the final fantasy's that i have played where i have needed to take down a marlboro, it has been a real struggle, even when i'm leveled up its not really, really easy.
thats why i was shocked when i fought the marlboro in ffX-2, and i easily dispatched of him. it was a real downer for me to suddenly take down the legendary enemy so easily. putting aside the other things i find wrong with ffX-2 (don't get me started... lol), to c my arch nemesis reduced to a couple of round easy victory was pretty sad.
maybe im pathetic. but hey, i'm comfortable with that. lol.
anyone with similar thoughts or similar concerns?

I Don't Need A Name
01-30-2005, 06:10 PM
yea i thought that as well! when i got right at the end of the game where there are (supposedly) super strong monsters, i fought a King Malbro (or somfin like that) it used Really bad breath (i was quiverin at what it would do) and..........it missed on rikku, Yuna was immune 2 all of it apart from slow and paine got silenced and slowed! WTF! Bad Breath usually smashes u 2 a pulp. how PITIFUL!

RSL
01-30-2005, 07:06 PM
I was thinking of this today as well. I just fought one and I thought "crap, I might need to run." I used dirty dancing with Rikku to cause critical hits and Paine and Yuna were dark knights and it died in three hits. It didn't even have a chance to use bad breath.

Oh well, I didn't want to die that badly anyway.

ShivaBlizzard8
01-30-2005, 07:20 PM
Yeah - I was shocked when they went down so easily in this game. My first thought when I encountered one was panic, but then he died in 3 hits. Say what?! :p

TheSpoonyBard
01-31-2005, 03:39 PM
I think it has something to do with FFX-2 being a 'fun' version of Final Fantasy. There aren't any real challenging moments in the game with the exception for some of Paragon and Trema. I would have to say this was the easiest FF I've played, and this may be due to the type of game FFX-2 is. It just wouldn't be right for the might of the Gullwings with all their girl power to be beaten into submission by an overgrown plant lacking a much needed breathmint.

Zante
01-31-2005, 06:30 PM
Actualy, all malboros are easy if you have status resistance, and in FFX-2 most clases have them.

SeeDRankLou
01-31-2005, 07:27 PM
The Marlboro was only ever difficult in FFVIII when it was called the Malboro, so actually the Marlboro has never been all that difficult.

I Don't Need A Name
01-31-2005, 09:19 PM
The Marlboro was only ever difficult in FFVIII when it was called the Malboro, so actually the Marlboro has never been all that difficult.
They have always been called Malbro (he purposley misspelt it 2 show his disgust)

rubah
02-01-2005, 02:20 AM
I never did notice it until a very short time ago though.

marlboro's a better name, even if it probably is breaking a few trademark laws;)

Let's not forget also that in ffx-2 you have ready access to the RIBBON towards the end of chapter 2 at least.

(I think I like ff8's marlboro best though:D spirit devouring^_^)

I can't ever remember running across one in ffx-2. But I must have because azi dhaka is the only fiend I haven't run into. . . maybe the lack of fear instilled the lack of memory.

SeeDRankLou
02-01-2005, 06:59 PM
They have always been called Malbro (he purposley misspelt it 2 show his disgust)
I just looked and wow, you're right, I don't know why I've always read the word Marlboro when I see that, but that have always been called Malboro. Oh well.

I Don't Need A Name
02-01-2005, 09:40 PM
its Ok. i say things wrong ALL the time.i call Bahamut, BahUmat.