PDA

View Full Version : Release Dates

Gunblades
01-30-2005, 10:19 AM
Ok guys, does anyone know when it's due for a Uk release let alone a US release

finalheaven
01-30-2005, 07:47 PM
no idea..im in uk too..so wehere in hte same boat...grrghhh...

Ezme
01-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Thats the only thing that anoys me about MOST ff sites, theres isn't enough info for us brits! I got a trailer for FFXII when i got Ocean Quest 3 for chrimbo tho!

SomethingBig
01-30-2005, 08:21 PM
The most specific info we've gotten is that it's coming out this summer in Japan.

Destai
01-31-2005, 12:04 AM
Late Autumn-Winter for USA and/or EU?

Gunblades
01-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Darn, it makes me want to start a FinalFantasy Fanzine just for the English (and ireish, welsh and scottish)

thanxx Destai

Shoden
02-01-2005, 06:30 PM
i thought it was already out in japan

Destai
02-01-2005, 07:47 PM
*buzzer* Wrong.

Gunblades
02-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Does anyone have any idea what a may retail for. I just bought the dvd of FF-unlimited today and that was £9.97. I imagine it will be standard DVD price.

amratis
02-01-2005, 10:02 PM
Isn't it supposed to be out in the US round about May? I read somewhere it comes out in Japan this month. Well, if these dates are true (and yes I know they may not be) Probably be out in Europe round autumn this year (??)

amra

Gunblades
02-02-2005, 10:55 AM
of course then theres ebay, we can probably pick up a japanese vertion with sub's, useually theres terrible dubbing anyway so this may be a better vertion

gismo
02-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Erm if you look on the newest trailer on the japanese site it says Release 2005 so I think that is for the Japanese Version so prob be end of year for Europe and US, which stinks BTW as been waiting ages to see it

Destai
02-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Im sure it'll manage an Englsh release this year. I think they're keeping the english version in mind. There was that trailer with the english narrarator and alot of people arent too sure what to expect as this is ofcourse a movie, not a game. They were all apologies(well Nomura or one of the staff was anyway) for being later than expected so I dont think they want to let tension build *COUGH*spiritswithin*COUGH*. But they certainly wont be earlier than the present date. Probably later.

SomethingBig
02-02-2005, 05:38 PM
of course then theres ebay, we can probably pick up a japanese vertion with sub's, useually theres terrible dubbing anyway so this may be a better vertion
Japanese fansubs are usually godawful. I have a couple imported Japanese DVDs and some of the subtitles literally read something like, "Oh! Sometimes fun is can be found in the p." Yes, that's right. They don't even finish the sentence, at times.

Don't diss dubbing yet. Spirits Within had very good voice actors.

Shoden
02-02-2005, 10:30 PM
!!!! wth

amratis
02-03-2005, 12:15 AM
Noooooooooooo!!! Its been pushed back again! **sob** Oh well, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Gunblades
02-03-2005, 12:25 PM
SomethingBig - well i didnt like spirits withins choices for voices. I was reffering to the Jpanese release for the Evanglion movies. Their subs did go strange in places, talking about keeping carpets clean, but they did actually keep the correct subtext, when the dubbed western relase came out the voice actors were crap, they changed the dialouge and lost alot of the inner meaning. Same with Jet Li's Legand of Fong sai yuk. The original subtitled copy has wonderful music, deals with lesbian love, betryale and two wifes, then the AWEFUL dubbed copy came out and they had mutilated the entire thing, same for many Chan movies.

there was such a big gap between the game and this movie, will it work

BackRoomKid
02-04-2005, 01:31 AM
hopefully they'll get subtitles too, but I won't be picky with the voice acting, as long as it doesn't distract from the movie

Gunblades
02-04-2005, 02:43 PM
sometimes the worst voices are picked that i carnt help but be distracted

Ryth
02-08-2005, 12:28 AM
Well in the U.S it comes out in March this year and usually we get things before europe does so expect it a few months after the U.S release.

BackRoomKid
02-08-2005, 05:56 AM
OH CRAP...

I think it's gonna be pretty soon when AC is coming out...square-enix japan realeased this kind of inquirey/survey, and it asks a bunch of question about buying DVD's like what do you prefere, special features, lil' gift packs, stuff like that

So now...i'm crapping my pants cuz it seems the realease is getting closer

ngkt67
02-08-2005, 08:30 AM
I WANT TO KNOW THE RELEASE DATE...NOW!!!!!

Wilhelm III
02-08-2005, 10:40 PM
I don't think there is one yet. And it is no longer coming out in march, it has been pushed back because they are making it in to a full length movie, and I am pretty sure putting it in theaters, but I know for a fact it is not soming out in the first quarter any more, and that they are adding to it.

Shoden
02-08-2005, 11:35 PM
i reckon July for US i can get an imported version hee hee

Wilhelm III
02-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Unless it is in theaters, there is a large chance that it will be.

Cloud72789
02-09-2005, 03:06 AM
It better come out in theaters! If it does, I'm gonna watch it at LEAST 5 times a week. :D

Wilhelm III
02-09-2005, 03:35 AM
So am I! Or I'll try any way. This movie will rock all of our boxe0rs either way.

amratis
02-09-2005, 01:13 PM
Whoo!! Release date - March 14th! Well, in Japan at any rate. When it comes out, if we have the DVD imported, we wont be able to play it because of the whole region thing. Unless you have a multi-region player. Thats sucks mightily. Ah! I wanna see it allready :mad:

amra

meowwl
02-09-2005, 03:18 PM
WHOOOT! March 14th... :eek: The day before my birthday..Does Nomura-san's interview stating that it would be later still apply? I Can't find anythin on 1up.com about an Advent Children release date..just for the PSP, and that is March 24th not the 14th. Did someone double check this?. :mad: .I don't much trust 1up.com, they've been wrong before.

Gunblades
02-09-2005, 03:36 PM
i doubt it will get a cinima release, over here anyway.

the Playstation two can be upgraded to play multyregion dvds

Shoden
02-09-2005, 04:21 PM
mine has been upgraded but i deent speak japanese, if its finished then the english version will be worked on now lets see getting all the IDEAL voices and translations will take us all the up to May-August for US release

amratis
02-09-2005, 04:38 PM
WHOOOT! March 14th... :eek: The day before my birthday..Does Nomura-san's interview stating that it would be later still apply? I Can't find anythin on 1up.com about an Advent Children release date..just for the PSP, and that is March 24th not the 14th. Did someone double check this?. :mad: .I don't much trust 1up.com, they've been wrong before.

Thats a damn good birthday present, or it would be if you were in Japan, are you? :D

Damn I cant wait to see this thing. How do you upgrade the PS2 to play multi-region? I would get it and watch it even if I couldnt understand what they were saying, I could still *see* :p :D

amra

Wilhelm III
02-09-2005, 10:45 PM
i doubt it will get a cinima release, over here anyway.

the Playstation two can be upgraded to play multyregion dvds

The way they made it sound there is a good possibility. There are like 450 billion threads made (probably a bunch by the same people, because there are only like 7 billion people on the earth..) about FFVII: AC. I think that if they release it in theaters it will do well, unlike that crapfest The spiets within, which by the way just had the name FF slapped on to get people to see it :mad:

Shoden
02-09-2005, 10:46 PM
i second that

meowwl
02-10-2005, 02:01 PM
I still don't see anything on 1up.com..maybe they pulled the article? :(

amratis
02-10-2005, 03:57 PM
You really cant find anything? I found their link on it. The actual release date bit is quite small, its in a column down on the left of the screen somewhere. hang on I'll try find url

Um, well, on their home-page 1up's I mean, look at their Buzzometer on the right, Advent Children is Number 5. Thats the link to it.

meowwl
02-13-2005, 02:21 AM
When you do a search for Advent Children it show up as a game..complete with release date....I should have spiked my hair..that on went right over my head. :tongue:

Fithos
02-21-2005, 08:09 PM
So is it going to bu full of subtitles or what?

amratis
02-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Everyone's asking this right now. :D No-one knows yet. We dont know if it will be subtitled or dubbed. I'm hoping both so we can choose.