PDA

View Full Version : Stealing is Good, kiddos

rubah
01-31-2005, 02:43 AM
A few spoilers I guess. Depends on how you call them.

Anyways, I got tired of capturing monsters in teh calm lands so I figured I'd continue on (for some reason the stupid chocobo lady was on the complete other side from macalania, which ticked me off) fortunately I had all ten of them so I went and got myself pwnzed by chimerageist. Grabbed nirvana too (and caladbolg. not that it'll ever get all the way powered up)

Fight the guado monster and grabbed many lunar curtains from him (and used a couple of light curtains;_; gameissocurtainylybiased) then descended towards the cavern of teh stolen fayth (and grabbed the rusty sword, obviously)

Yojimbo was much easier fighting than I remembered. captured more monsters (did not get a single tonberry. stupid tonberries) But this is interesting.

one of the ghosts dropped a peaceful bracer for auron. I was like "O.x" because usually I have to fight a lot of monsters in zanarkand for one of these and it just fell into my lap. How often does that happen? It made up for the lack of tonberries. No more worrying about candles of life or purifying salts or whatever it is to customize no encounters!:D

Continue on to Gagazet, and this is where it gets *very* interesting.

I had kimarhi train as a thief for like, five seconds then delved him into Yuna's grid. So he's more or less a white mage now. I figure attacking won't do any good so might as well equip the magic +20 lance I've kept for forever. I mean, he has Holy now, so might as well:D And I thought and fed him a white magic sphere for Haste 'cause Yenke likes to use haste (or is it biran. the non-blonde one) and I didn't want to get obliterated while trying to steal lvl 3 keyspheres.

Went in, cast regen so I wouldn't have to worry about those jokers, lanceted about four times and cast mighty guard, then set to stealing.

I stole 12 lvl 3 keyspheres. I have no clue how the crap that happened. Before I had 0 lvl3 spheres, and after I had 12. I was expecting *6* at the most. But that is the topic of this thread. 12 friggin' lvl 3 key spheres. I doubt I'll have them all used by the time I get to Omega Ruins (Where they just shower you with them)

Thismakesmesohappy.

(Stealing frag grenades from the mech leaders is also good. Things I wish I had against the guado defender boss thing.)

(and auron got banishing blade from braska's sphere. Geeze, I could've used *that* against the defender thing too. Go figure)

But!! 12!

And what are you more excitable steals/mugs you've had?

(12!!!111oneeleven)

Del Murder
01-31-2005, 05:08 AM
I let Kimarhi learn steal too, and was able to use it in the solo fight against his Ronso brothers, and got some level 3 key spheres! Pretty good for that point in the game.

meanpeoplesuck
01-31-2005, 06:11 AM
Kimhari was the lowest in my game. He was just too weak. I didn't get the art of the grids however- and you have inspired me to re-play it to make Kimhari more strong.

I never appreciated steal until FFX-2, but I have gotten a few good items accidently while using Rikku to waste time. I wish I could remember what. Probably looking back now they were really useless pieces of equipment I got excited over because they were "new" :rolleyes2

Good story though- you made me giggle ;)

m4tt
01-31-2005, 05:40 PM
I only got 4 from the Ronso guys.. whatta gyp. I taught Kimahri "Mug" though, since he was doing around 1k damage regularly. I started him around his own path, then lead him into Tidus' path. Used a skill sphere to learn Mug as soon as Rikku learned it. Now I have both of them mug from almost every enemy I encounter.

SeeDRankLou
01-31-2005, 07:20 PM
I do something similar to what you do. I put Kimarhi on Rikku's path, which gives him use of the Luck ability which is good for stealing purposes, and just use a Chocobo Feather for a Haste effect. But to further the effects of what you want to do with Kimarhi stealing Lv.3 Key Spheres, you can do the chocobo race at Remiem Temple. If you get four chests and no poles you will get 30 Pendulums, which you can use to customize an armor with Master Thief. That way, everytime Kimarhi steals he will steal two spheres from Yenke and Biran instead of one. I use this method to steal twelve spheres from each of them, which takes a little while, but is more than enough to unlock every Lv3. Lock on the sphere grid. If you customize the armor with Fire Eater and Water Eater, it's even easier because you have to heal less. :D

Yuffie514
01-31-2005, 07:21 PM
yes, stealing is good :D . that's what i do best :D ! stealing materia is more exciting though :cool: .

rubah
02-01-2005, 12:13 AM
Heh, Why use mug with 1k hits when you can use steal five million times and holy twice for 7k?

30 pendulums. . . Eh, I've never bothered with master thief (mostly because I'm too lazy to get caladbolg/that many pendulums) but I think I'll be heading back to remiem. It was pretty easy to get three chests:)

(plus gotta pick up the magus sisters too)

Fire eater probably would've been a good idea-- I don't think you can get water gems at that point? Maybe I just missed them somewhere:) But I didn't want to bother actually customizing anything.

I think I had kimarhi go as a black mage last game. It wasn't nearly as useful as him as a thieving white mage-- holy is uber over the aga spells by a lot.

Man, 24 lvl 3 keyspheres. . . With that and the omega ruins you must've been rolling in them:)

I wish it were as easy to get lvl 4 spheres. I've never yet opened that lock near doublecast that has the luck sphere and stuff in it. Never had any extra for something so piddling.

Yuffie514
02-01-2005, 01:04 AM
30 pendulums. . . Eh, I've never bothered with master thief (mostly because I'm too lazy to get caladbolg/that many pendulums) but I think I'll be heading back to remiem. It was pretty easy to get three chests:)

eh, it takes time and patience ;) . wasn't easy for me either. :mad: but i just gotta have the ability since i'm a master thief myself :cool: :D .

SeeDRankLou
02-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Heh, Why use mug with 1k hits when you can use steal five million times and holy twice for 7k?
I don't use Mug. That would probably kill Biran and Yenke before I had the chance to steal six times successfully. And you get Luck going through Rikku's stuff, which makes stealing easier.

You don't have to get the Caladbolg to ride a chocobo in the Calm Lands, just do the first thing the Chocobo Trainer wants.

Fire eater probably would've been a good idea-- I don't think you can get water gems at that point? Maybe I just missed them somewhere:) But I didn't want to bother actually customizing anything.
When you are in the Via Purifico (swimming area), you can use Rikku to steal either Dragon Scales or Water Gems from all the enemies in there. It's easier to steal Dragon Scales, which will give you Waterproof, but I like Water Eater better.

Man, 24 lvl 3 keyspheres. . . With that and the omega ruins you must've been rolling in them:)
I didn't ever get that many Lv.3 Key Spheres in the Omega Ruins. I don't know why.

m4tt
02-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Heh, Why use mug with 1k hits when you can use steal five million times and holy twice for 7k?Because I didn't have Holy? Yuna didn't even know Holy yet. I tried taking Kimahri down Lulu or Yuna's path once before and I hated it.

rubah
02-01-2005, 11:47 PM
You don't have to get the Caladbolg to ride a chocobo in the Calm Lands, just do the first thing the Chocobo Trainer wants.

I know. Doesn't Caladbolg have master thief though? My reasoning was that I never had a weapon with it on it and had no reason to add it so I never used it:)

Hmm, I forgot about the via purifico. I sorta rushed through it with rikku tidus and wakka though. I like the first part with yuna better anyhow:) love that music^_^

Yuna didn't even know Holy yet.

Mine didn't(and doesn't) either:) Which is the cool part of having kimarhi go through there. But anyways, however you like it:)

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-02-2005, 12:21 AM
WOAH you scared me ! I thought you meant like stealing in stores and stuff! But I basically agree with whats already posted on here.

SeeDRankLou
02-02-2005, 02:27 AM
I know. Doesn't Caladbolg have master thief though? My reasoning was that I never had a weapon with it on it and had no reason to add it so I never used it:)
Oh I understand now. You might be thinking of the Godhand, which gives you Gillionaire when unlocked. None of the celestial weapons give you Master Thief.

rubah
02-02-2005, 03:53 AM
Really? Man, my memory must be off.

Ah, well, no biggie^_^

alexholker
02-02-2005, 05:22 AM
Master Thief and Pickpocket are on armour, IIRC, not weapons.