PDA

View Full Version : IKEA

Dingo Jellybean
01-31-2005, 07:10 AM
Anyone ever been to IKEA?

I love it, the store has such a great variety of furniture at cheap prices. I just bought a kick-ass floor lamp for $10, a green shelf for $10, a green table with yellow legs for $50...and heck, they have 4 packs of 100-watt lightbulbs for 69 cents. Table lamps range as low as $4 and they have them in so many colors. It's a great store for people on a college budget(like me). I think IKEA is typically aimed at college students more so than any other furniture store because I've seen them locate near college campuses(I.E. College Park, MD).

I know not many of you go to furniture stores often...if ever, but IKEA is the place to shop. The range of colors that they have should suit most people without a large dent in your wallet.

<font size=1>This advertisement was brought to you by IKEA®.

Rainecloud
01-31-2005, 07:17 AM
I've bought a few items from IKEA in the past. As standard, IKEA products tend to come with no instructions and a couple of parts missing, just for good measure. I'm not sure whether it's the same everywhere, but in this part of England, IKEA have a fairly bad reputation.

The stuff is cheap, though.

Cid
01-31-2005, 08:27 AM
Me and the wife LOVE IKEA. Our whole house is done in Ikea. Which one do you go to? (seeing as how there is only like a dozen in the US)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-31-2005, 08:37 AM
<a href="http://www.angryflower.com">http://www.angryflower.com/shoppi.gif</a>

Dingo Jellybean
01-31-2005, 09:27 AM
Me and the wife LOVE IKEA. Our whole house is done in Ikea. Which one do you go to? (seeing as how there is only like a dozen in the US)

I got to the one in College Park. There's 3 IKEA's in my area: College Park, Baltimore, and Woodbridge(Virginia).

There's 26(27 later this year) IKEAs in the US...mainly centered around big markets. There's 3 of them in Sydney. They're selling the same didrik shelf I bought for $10 in Australia for $19...which is like, $15US now...those suckers.

Jack
01-31-2005, 09:50 AM
My whole bedroom is basically Ikea. It's stuff I can afford, and it just looks snazzah, so that's why I like it. Getting there is a pain though since the nearest one is like a 1hr away (which in England is far) and it's usually crowded with shoppers. But the place is cool to look at (the showrooms there are quite impressive) and it has a good repuatation where I live.
For notice, I live in Leicester and I have to get to the IKEA in Nottingham.

Miriel
01-31-2005, 10:36 AM
I went to the after Christmas Ikea sale and got a whole mess of stuff for my dorm room. Pillows, rugs, comforter, lamp, shoe rack, hangers, straws, the whole shebang. It was a joyous day.

I can spend hours just wandering through the place, and sitting in those little rooms and kitchens. The place is designed so that you really have to go through the WHOLE maze-like warehouse before being able to find the exit. :p

Rye
01-31-2005, 11:29 AM
Never been to one.

illuminated
01-31-2005, 12:51 PM
ikea! i LOVE browsing through their annual magazine :love: i'd always imagine decorating a brand-new house just to call my own...ahh the simple pleasures of life :D

on the other hand, a lot of their products are not exactly long-lasting. but keeping the cost in mind, i reckon it's pretty worth it :)

boris no no
01-31-2005, 02:31 PM
For notice, I live in Leicester and I have to get to the IKEA in Nottingham.
thats were i go!! :D
i love ikea!! the one in nottingham is only about 20 mins away!!
have you seen that cool loft apartment in there? its AMAZING!!
my whole room is IKEA! my computer desk is bright pink! :love: yes!

i think that the nottingham one is the biggest in england. it takes about 2 hours to wander throgh it!
i LOVE IKEA!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Silmaril
01-31-2005, 03:01 PM
My entire family loves Ikea. Our entire house is done in Ikea.

DMKA
01-31-2005, 04:58 PM
I've bought a few items from IKEA in the past. As standard, IKEA products tend to come with no instructions and a couple of parts missing, just for good measure. I'm not sure whether it's the same everywhere, but in this part of England, IKEA have a fairly bad reputation.

The stuff is cheap, though.
Oh god, I remembered that episode of Futurama and started busting up. :p

I only went to one once, when they were like, a new thing.

The Captain
01-31-2005, 05:57 PM
I go there every once in a while and wander around, never with the intention of buying, just of browsing around. I have heard both arguments about IKEA, that everything is cheap, both in price and quality, but have never purchased anything myself, so I cannot say if the latter is true.

The closest one is a bit east of where I live on Long Island.

Take care all.

RedCydranth
01-31-2005, 06:23 PM
The closest IKEA I know of is in Toronto. And thats like a 4-5 hour drive. I haven't seen any on my side of the states, near Buffalo NY. I hear good things though.

SeeDRankLou
01-31-2005, 07:55 PM
My room could double as an IKEA showroom. I love their store.

Tanwen Strife
01-31-2005, 08:21 PM
None near me, but all the stuff people bring back is pretty rocking. Plus they have mazarin, these Swedish pastry almondy things that are loooooooovely. Buy some! they are also the title of Per Gessle's number 1 album that everyone in the universe should buy also

m4tt
01-31-2005, 08:37 PM
My sister gets her stuff there, but I've never been there. If things go as planned, and I move out soon, I'll probably go there.

Lucky Charms
02-01-2005, 12:31 PM
My room is all IKEA. The cabinets, desk, lamp, rug, bed, chair, curtains, etc. I like IKEA because you can mix and match in the store to fit to your own style.

My room could pass for a showcase room, or so my friends tell me.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-01-2005, 04:40 PM
My family generally shops there, and we haven't had any of the problems mentioned earlier, the products are both inexpensive and well made, and they are never missing parts. However, my father and I always get stuck assembling the darned things, and, well, let's just say handymen we are not.