PDA

View Full Version : Twelve Monkeys

Lindy
01-31-2005, 04:09 PM
I've seen it over ten times now, I won't pretend to understand all it STILL, and I don't quite get what's going on at some times, so, I want to see you people try and explain it.

Specific emphasis on the ending and it's meanings in terms of pre-destined fate and changing the future.

Or something.

Now, go.

The Captain
01-31-2005, 05:31 PM
Part of the problem, as I've understood it, is that the crew and cast of the film didn't know how to end the movie either and thus, it gave off the impression that the Bruce Willis character would be forever stuck in his fate, in this endless, hopeless loop. Perhaps this is because the people who wrote the script had a cynical streak to them, or maybe it's because the film was meant to seem open-ended.

Good question.

Take care all.

Pure Strife
01-31-2005, 06:47 PM
It leads into the first Die Hard movie. I thought that was pretty obvious.

krissy
02-01-2005, 12:47 AM
it was supposed to mean you can't change the past imho

Lindy
02-01-2005, 01:48 AM
But what about the scientist on the plane? The guy who releases the virus asks her what she does, and she says she's in "insurance".

Did she come back to stop him and does she stop him, or was that the present for her and she just bears witness to the whole tragedy?

Baloki
02-03-2005, 03:06 AM
But what about the scientist on the plane? The guy who releases the virus asks her what she does, and she says she's in "insurance".

Did she come back to stop him and does she stop him, or was that the present for her and she just bears witness to the whole tragedy?

It means that after he was sent back they recived his message telling them what was going to happen so she went back to stop the scientist, thus saving the world but leaving Mr. Willis stuck in his Paradox.