PDA

View Full Version : runescape vs ff11

crashNUMBERS
02-01-2005, 12:32 AM
who plays runescape in here. pretty crappy game isnt it. its ok. who likes it more than ff11. anyone :confused: ?? good :D . i still havent played ff11 but i can tell its way better. if you want to play rs than go to runescape.com. heres a chart on comparing them. its what one has that the other doesnt.

ff11

has classes
way better graphics
called final fantasy :D

runescape

free
and thats about it
runescape sucks :p

same

both mmorpgs
i like both (coughs)

chart sucks doesnt it. well whats your oppinion.

Lionx
02-01-2005, 01:59 AM
Runescape:

-Runs off Javascript(Crap otherwords)
-Unfriendly playerbase
-PvP?
-Lonely
-Graphics outdated as hell

FFXI:

-Party intensive(up to you to say if its bad or good)
-Unique characters
-Story/Cutscenes
-Living Economy
-Gung-Ho helping Playerbase
-Graphics of a PS2 pushed to the limit
-Multiple job system
-Not Tolkien-ish
-Workable Craft system
-Partying Strategies.
-others i cant think of

crashNUMBERS
02-01-2005, 02:12 AM
Runescape:

-Runs off Javascript(Crap otherwords)
-Unfriendly playerbase
-PvP?
-Lonely
-Graphics outdated as hell

FFXI:

-Party intensive(up to you to say if its bad or good)
-Unique characters
-Story/Cutscenes
-Living Economy
-Multiple job system
-Not Tolkien-ish
-Workable Craft system
-Partying Strategies.
-others i cant think of

lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
your funny (im serious)

yeah does graphics do suck and when you start it takes long to finish tutourial. And if you stay in the same place for a long time without doing anything it logs you out. the name is gay as well. i mean what retard is gonna name a game runescaspe.The name is so dumb my friend thought it was run escape( as if its 2 seperate words.). you cant even lvl up normally youll have to lvl them up seprately. even though i said this before ill say it again no classes whats up with that. runescape looks like a 3d version arcade game on dungeons and dragons. And if you stay in the same place for a long time without doing anything it logs you out.

EDIT: Please don't double post. Use the edit button istead. -Murder

Vaprice
02-01-2005, 02:36 AM
True, but I didnt like it in times of being buirned out on FFXI and FF games in general. It was fun for a time but now just somewhat boring to me ^^ but still enjoyable for the non hardcore gamer!

Duane3.0
02-02-2005, 12:45 AM
I still play it and I think it is pretty fun. But not as fun as an actual game that someone has to buy. Even though everything other people have said about it is true. But I am only 13.

I Don't Need A Name
02-14-2005, 05:53 PM
Runescape:
............ erm...........*wind whistlin through emptyness*
Final Fantasy 11:

Party intensive(up to you to say if its bad or good)
-Unique characters
-Story/Cutscenes
-Living Economy
-Multiple job system
-Not Tolkien-ish
-Workable Craft system
-Partying Strategies.
-others i cant think of
i could go on for hours but i wont!

lordblazer
02-16-2005, 02:06 AM
who plays runescape in here. pretty crappy game isnt it. its ok. who likes it more than ff11. anyone :confused: ?? good :D . i still havent played ff11 but i can tell its way better. if you want to play rs than go to runescape.com. heres a chart on comparing them. its what one has that the other doesnt.

ff11

has classes
way better graphics
called final fantasy :D

runescape

free
and thats about it
runescape sucks :p

same

both mmorpgs
i like both (coughs)

chart sucks doesnt it. well whats your oppinion.
wellt hats runescape classic.The new runescape isnt really free and it cost 5 bucks monthly to play it.The classic version is free.The new on is pretty good theres a lot of land to explore and you dont have to bust your ass just to get 150 EXP and then get booted out of a PT.Though younger kids play it.Simply put you do more clicking in runescape than you do in FF11.

ZeZipster
02-16-2005, 06:54 PM
Honestly, as a retired player in both I enjoyed RuneScape more. They're both MMORPGs. Which means they're both pathetically repetitive. Some how RuneScape was less repetitive than FFXI though, it's probably because you don't have to wait 30 levels/3years to get a new ability. In RuneScape, everyone is an immature asshole... This may be because in RS there is a PvP system, so things are alot more competitive. You can't just randomly slaughter someone though, you have to go north towards the wilderness, and even then they have to be somewhere in your level range (that level range increasing as you go deeper into the wilderness). When you die, you lose everything except for your three most valuable possesions.

Runescape also might have more freedom, which makes it unbalance but at times more fun. I played a prayer beast account, this is where you only train two attributes prayer and strength. This doesn't seem like it'd be of any advantage, but it was. You see, your level is determined by the average of Strength, Accuracy, Prayer, and Defense because I only trained Strength and Prayer I wound up with a character that was much stronger than it should have been. The final Prayer you learn (or in RS2, the three final) prevents your opponent from attacking (but it drains away at your prayer). So as long as I stood next to an altar I could beat down ANYTHING wearing nothing but prayer cloths. I got about 40 levels in a week when I got the last prayer. I was killing things at level 25 my friends couldn't kill at level 50. That was extremely fun. From what my friends tell me a couple of other character ideas I had are hitting it off big in RS2 (a 3D version of RS), such as a defense prayer beast.

In FFXI, everything was balanced. No one ever followed a different path it seemed. The only way to really mess up a character was to train the wrong sub job. And on top of that all, you never got to kick another players ass. Oh-yeah, and when I finally got tired of RuneScape, I just sold my account to a close friend who I impressed by killing a Greater Demon at a low level. So essentialy I made profit off of RuneScape, whereas I lost cash in FFXI.

crashNUMBERS
02-16-2005, 09:26 PM
wellt hats runescape classic.The new runescape isnt really free and it cost 5 bucks monthly to play it.The classic version is free.The new on is pretty good theres a lot of land to explore and you dont have to bust your ass just to get 150 EXP and then get booted out of a PT.Though younger kids play it.Simply put you do more clicking in runescape than you do in FF11.

Runescape is free. You only have to pay 5 bucks a month if your a member.

I still play runescape so anyone wanna work together or chat, my username is crash26821 just like my name here. Anyone else wanna share their usernames??

Dragonfire
02-16-2005, 09:56 PM
naccarius or dragonfire. next time i think of making a new character, remind me not to bother sitting thru that god awful training program again.

lordblazer
02-17-2005, 03:26 AM
Honestly, as a retired player in both I enjoyed RuneScape more. They're both MMORPGs. Which means they're both pathetically repetitive. Some how RuneScape was less repetitive than FFXI though, it's probably because you don't have to wait 30 levels/3years to get a new ability. In RuneScape, everyone is an immature asshole... This may be because in RS there is a PvP system, so things are alot more competitive. You can't just randomly slaughter someone though, you have to go north towards the wilderness, and even then they have to be somewhere in your level range (that level range increasing as you go deeper into the wilderness). When you die, you lose everything except for your three most valuable possesions.

Runescape also might have more freedom, which makes it unbalance but at times more fun. I played a prayer beast account, this is where you only train two attributes prayer and strength. This doesn't seem like it'd be of any advantage, but it was. You see, your level is determined by the average of Strength, Accuracy, Prayer, and Defense because I only trained Strength and Prayer I wound up with a character that was much stronger than it should have been. The final Prayer you learn (or in RS2, the three final) prevents your opponent from attacking (but it drains away at your prayer). So as long as I stood next to an altar I could beat down ANYTHING wearing nothing but prayer cloths. I got about 40 levels in a week when I got the last prayer. I was killing things at level 25 my friends couldn't kill at level 50. That was extremely fun. From what my friends tell me a couple of other character ideas I had are hitting it off big in RS2 (a 3D version of RS), such as a defense prayer beast.

In FFXI, everything was balanced. No one ever followed a different path it seemed. The only way to really mess up a character was to train the wrong sub job. And on top of that all, you never got to kick another players ass. Oh-yeah, and when I finally got tired of RuneScape, I just sold my account to a close friend who I impressed by killing a Greater Demon at a low level. So essentialy I made profit off of RuneScape, whereas I lost cash in FFXI.
Comparing FF11 and Lineage 2.Lineage 2 is better but you lose more money its 15 bucks a month.It isnt worth that much to me since me being during the beta test one of the few players to reach lvl 40 during the beta test on Gustin server.Anyway FF11 is a good game but hey nvm i forgot what i was gonna say now.

Lionx
02-17-2005, 03:51 AM
How is FFXI and L2 comparable? One is co-op, and the other is PvP...and L2 is way harder than FFXI in terms of lvling too...@_@

lordblazer
02-17-2005, 04:58 AM
WTFlineage 2 is Co-op also. lol you never used its party system. it seems.I like at lvl 40 on lineage 2 how you get that dragon woot woot..Lineage 2 is mor efun and has a lot better music.It fits the more adventure genre than FF11 does.Well they both fit but I like how lineage 2 sounds.I just hated that ship to Talking island.Well I hated talking islang period lol.I dont see how human players survive that sort of torture.

Lionx
02-17-2005, 04:59 AM
Not as emphasized, i am pretty sure L2 is mostly going out and killing someone else while FFXI doesnt focus on getting a group and killing others.

lordblazer
02-17-2005, 05:02 AM
at lower levels you solo just like FF1.Once oyur like lvl 15 or so you can join a clan get a class promotion.Also you might want to start taking on harder mobs.To do so you need to group up with people.They have a party system but you don't level up by killing other players..The only itme oyu can kill a player without negetive effects is when there name is in red.That gives you license to kill.Heck people duel a lot just for fun.But depending ont he server there. I suggest oyu dont go on a older one because they will pk you.Well pking is apart of hte game Partying up is pretty normal.lol 've played that game until september mainly because i got a discount for beta testing.

edit- the fac thtat runescape is P2P you arent critisizing it much.

Lionx
02-17-2005, 05:07 AM
Eh runescape is free for the most part...and i dont feel confident in paying 5 bucks for that game so bleh i dont wanna say too much besides i find it laughable for a game ><

lordblazer
02-17-2005, 05:11 AM
Eh runescape is free for the most part...and i dont feel confident in paying 5 bucks for that game so bleh i dont wanna say too much besides i find it laughable for a game ><
Yeah I said the downfall of lineage 2 is that it cost 15 bucks.My cousin was the idiot who payed 5 bucks a monh lol.I told him that was a rip-oss.He is claled inuyash11 or somehting like that.But i know its inuyasha lol.lol I agree with you lol it is funny for a game.Anyway FF11 is a good price until i quit lol.I"m thinking about doing so before april. Mainly because I wanna keep my xbox live service.

crashNUMBERS
02-17-2005, 12:47 PM
No one else wanna share their username?