PDA

View Full Version : favorite classes

crashNUMBERS
02-01-2005, 12:57 AM
whats your fav. class in ff 5. mine is thief of course. besides its my favourite class in ff in general.

rubah
02-01-2005, 01:12 AM
Right now I'm really liking the dancer jobclass. *nods*

Although Galuf just sorta looks weird and having too much fun when he's dancing^_^

Jikuu Mage is awesome, Mimic, and Ninja.

It seems to me that thieves are a bit less useful once you get capture. It only makes sense to have someone able to attack and steal simultaneously, *and* still equip another ability.

ShivaBlizzard8
02-01-2005, 03:31 AM
I absolutely love the dancer! They are so underappreciated, yet their sword dance skill ultimately defeated Ex-Death for me. Also, the HP and MP gaining dances are great too.

I also really liked Monk and Samurai - $ Toss! is a wonderful skill.

abrojtm
02-01-2005, 03:56 AM
Can someone enlighten me as to what a Jikuu Mage is? Apparently it's not called that in my version. I'm assuming it's the Magic Knight (casts Sword Magic)?

Other than Mimic and Bare, my favorite classes are Dragoon, Ninja, White Mage, and Black Mage.

rubah
02-01-2005, 04:10 AM
they're the ones that use jikuu, time, magic:) (haste, regen, meteor). It's not the mystic knight-- on the whole I despise those.

they're not really called jikuu mages, but I think of them as that since it's not called time magic in the game.

Captain Maxx Power
02-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Dragoons for ever. To quote a friend of mine "JU|\/|9 P\/\/N5 Y00"

Blackmageboi
02-01-2005, 05:36 PM
blackmages+monks=blackmonk
mistic knights are cool too

crashNUMBERS
02-20-2005, 06:40 PM
Huh I thought this thread would be a decent 20. Well I guess I was wrong :(

Halenite
02-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Fighter.

crashNUMBERS
02-20-2005, 08:33 PM
thank you for helping out :) .

Dormos
03-02-2005, 01:20 AM
Monks totally rule when you're stuck on a hard boss. Four monks=Total pwnage.

But I really like the Sorcerers (I'm playing the FFA version, apparently the only person on these forums that does. :tongue: They're the mystic knights, for you guys that don't know) because they get really powerful and useful.

Geomancers are really fun to use, just to see what different skills you're going to get, free of MP charges!

Samurais' katanas are great. And if you have an Elf Cloak, Swordgrab, and a shield, enemies have a really hard time hitting you.

But my favorite class would probably be Hunter. You can attack from the back row, thus halving the damage that you recieve, bows are pretty powerful, !Critt's pretty useful once you get Nightingale and you have some turns to spare, and they give you the almighty !Sshot! Give someone !Sshot, Bloodsword, and another powerful sword, and it's gonna be a pretty easy battle.

What does the S in Sshot stand for? Super? O.o;;

Burtuc
03-12-2005, 07:00 AM
Blue mage all the way.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-12-2005, 08:40 AM
Something about Money Throw I rather like. And I always make sure to keep my White Magic plentiful.

crashNUMBERS
03-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Ok if your going to put magic into it than I'll be a thief with black magic...
Never really seen a samurai with white magic...

Undecided
03-12-2005, 02:13 PM
I've always liked the blue mage. But then, I'm one of those persons who like to collect blue magic.

Ultima Shadow
03-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Blue Mage, Ninja, Thief and Black Mage.

note: I only like the thief because I'm a steal-freak. :cool:

Chris
03-12-2005, 06:35 PM
B A R D

Apollo
03-18-2005, 02:32 PM
I like the blue mages.I also like black mages,summoners,mimes,and Dragoons,Oh yeah and time mages! :love:

HunterFlamebrow
03-18-2005, 11:39 PM
I played it on PS too, Dormos. You're not alone!! :D

My favorite class was the Time Mage. Not only was Haste the most useful beneficial spell (I found), but when I equipped them with a Hair Ornament (1/2 MP use) and the Lance ability (which any caster should have), they PWNED. Every turn, I used Quick + Meteo + Lance, or if I was feeling especially evil, Quick +Meteo + Meteo.

Sorcerers and Dancers were quite fun too.

CaptRory
03-29-2005, 04:33 PM
The sorceror can do insane damage. Give him the ability to wield a sword in two hands and he can do over 3k damage if his target has elemental weakness. Have another character cast Haste on him and anythign that stands before him will be demolished.

A great support character is a White Mage/Time Mage. (Or a Time Mage/White Mage) Once she casts Haste on herself, one white mage can typically keep an entire team going by herself unless the boss is really dishing out damage.

Mirage
03-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Sorcerers are cool. Unfortunately, they look silly.

CaptRory
03-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Function before Form is my motto. So long as it works it doesn't matter what it looks like.

Perducci
04-01-2005, 11:16 PM
I have different favorite classes for different characters...

Butz - Dragoon/Ninja
Lenne - White Mage/Summoner/Monk
Galuf/Cara - Samurai/Bard/Black Mage
Faris - Knight/Mystic Knight/Hunter

These are the Jobs I focus on most when I play this game.

Seemore
04-03-2005, 06:44 AM
Ninjas.

Gwelenguchenkus
04-03-2005, 03:44 PM
Dragoon all the way. I am in love with dragoons, they are just too irresistably cool.

other than that, blue mage. I like learning and using their abilities!

rubah
04-03-2005, 07:59 PM
they are just too irresistably cool.

Yeah, galuf is one sexy dragoon.

all purple and stuff: