1,3,5 the light warrioe stuff
1,3,4,5,9, crystal hunting
6 after 7 becouse technology is over
1 is in the fute last airship is found by cid
8 before 7
9 after 1
any ideas just for the curiose mind?
It will be fun to try a time line
its not as bad as the zelda time line is it?

Captain Maxx Power
02-01-2005, 04:46 PM
More accurate FF timeline:

FF1 :- Lightwarriors, brought by themselves defeating Chaos, defeat Chaos (don't ask). Time goes loopy, new alternative reality created, resulting in...
FF2:- Rebels get crushed by Empire, Emperor defies the laws of nature by coming back to life from the middle of Hades i.e. End of the World stuff. Rebels kill Emperor, preventing End of the World, thusly time loops in on itself to create...
FF3:- A few kids stop an entity designed to destroy the universe. By doing so travelling through time, they create another paradox, which yields...
FF4:- Dark knight becomes Paladin, kills a moon man trying to take over the world. Does so by using the very fabric of reality. Ergo...
FF5:- A few grown-ups stop an entity how wants to eliminate the universe. By doing so travelling through dimensions, they create another paradox. You know where this is heading
FF6:- Too many paradoxes spoil the magic broth, so it goes poof. Some business with Espers, world gets destroyed, but then saved. Dont you be bringing Espers through a gateway then destroying the world, because you'll inevitably end up with...
FF7:- Magic hides under the planet's surface, pretends its something completely different. Everyone sees through this guise, and turns magic into balls. Some business with a fellah with a sword, planet almost gets destroyed, two most powerful good/evil forces come together, thus resulting in..
FF8:- Espers start really pulling their weight, change their names to GFs under the witness protection act. Some guy who was stupid enough to shove a sword on his revolver has to achieve Time-Compression. O geez this can't be good...
FF9:- Total insanity. All previous eight alternate universes collide together big style. Blatant rip-off of Goku saves the world by travelling into the Echelons of time. And such actions must produce...
FF10:- Its all about balls, ya? A non-exsistant dream saves the world. Somehow things start to sort themselves out, until...
FF11:- Everything gets larger. Wierd looking creatures that look like rabbits, some like gorillas etc all start convening and killing stuff, while paying for the pleasure.
FF12:- Blah blah mistaken child blah blah goes on self-finding journey blah blah kills off an evil entity/non-descript monster/good-guy-turned-bad-guy and saves the world yadda yadda
FF13:- As a descendant of Erdrick, you must go and find Erdricks token, sword and armour, and defeat the mighty Dragonlord.

feioncastor
02-01-2005, 08:01 PM
As comical as that was, I feel that I should let you all know that the FF games aren't really connected. They have a lot of the same themes, like Chocobos, magic, swords, saving the world, a guy named Cid, but they're not really connected other than that. The plots don't play off of each other because each game works wonderfully on its own.

Feion

Gunblades
02-01-2005, 08:37 PM
my theory is that there is one FF Universe and every game is a realm. so ff9 is the Ninethrealm, seven is the seventh-realm etc

feioncastor
02-01-2005, 09:28 PM
You know what would be friggin awesome?

If at some point, Square makes a game that links all the other games together where you get to have a dream team lineup of like Cecil, Cloud, Squall, Bartz, Firion, Terra (or whoever the main char is from FF6) and so forth.

Awesome.

Feion

MJN SEIFER
02-01-2005, 09:47 PM
What i'll never understand is why you say FFs arn't connected when Square have clearly stated they are...http://67.18.37.14/10/1/emo/01hugggle.gif

rubah
02-02-2005, 12:20 AM
If at some point, Square makes a game that links all the other games together where you get to have a dream team lineup of like Cecil, Cloud, Squall, Bartz, Firion, Terra (or whoever the main char is from FF6) and so forth.

I hope you like boardgames and importing games.

yay itadaki street special!

The cool thing about ff5 is that the dawn warriors can be more or less any of the heroes of 1 or 3. leaving a perfect slot open for the light warriors:)

6 and X can take place simultaneously, because they both cause the extinction of summon beasts. You just have to say something like, everyone in ff6 is an al bhed except the people of thamasa, and kefka mysteriously killed yu yevon and had been pretending to be him for ages now, without anyone telling you. all the armies he controls are obviously the temple warrior monks, etc.

It also makes sense to have 7 after 8, I mean eight's whole plot focuses on what's going to happen in the future. They could always bury the ragnarok and it's friends inside the Planet to melt into the Weapons:D

this is too much fun. hopelessly improbable and unlikely, but still.

feioncastor
02-02-2005, 05:03 AM
What i'll never understand is why you say FFs arn't connected when Square have clearly stated they are...http://67.18.37.14/10/1/emo/01hugggle.gif
You're probably right, because I'm usually wrong, but do you have a link to that statement by chance?

Feion

Sepho
02-02-2005, 05:29 AM
As a result of Maxx Power's description of FF13, I am presently going to go upstairs, hit the NES button on my system selector, and play some Dragon Warrior.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-02-2005, 06:21 AM
Loto sounds so much better.

*runs off to play Dragon Warrior VII*

MJN SEIFER
03-03-2005, 11:12 AM
You're probably right, because I'm usually wrong, but do you have a link to that statement by chance?

Feion

It was live TV...

Fire_Emblem776
04-19-2005, 11:22 PM
because of the time loop the other happened between garlands

KoShiatar
04-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Final Fantasy games were unrelated until the merging Square+Enix (April 2003 id I remember correctly). After the merging the policy changed, so we had FF X-2 , Dirge of Cerberus and all that comes with it. That's what I know so far...

Squall of SeeD
04-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Final Fantasy games were unrelated until the merging Square+Enix (April 2003 id I remember correctly). After the merging the policy changed, so we had FF X-2 , Dirge of Cerberus and all that comes with it. That's what I know so far...

Final Fantasy X-2 was in production before the merger took place. And for that matter, Kazushige Nojima, the Scenario Writer of X, and Co-Scenario Writer of VII and X-2 had it in mind that the worlds of VII and X/X-2 would be connected by storyline before the merger, though Square has yet to expand on those ideas.

Further, 1994 had Final Fantasy: The Legend of the Crystals, an Anime sequel to Final Fantasy V. It's even arguable that Final Fantasy VIII is a distant sequel to Final Fantasy III. Sequels/connections aren't anything new to the series.

Fire_Emblem776
04-21-2005, 07:21 AM
6 and X can take place simultaneously, because they both Spoiler: cause the extinction of summon beasts. You just have to say something like, everyone in ff6 is an al bhed except the people of thamasa, and kefka mysteriously killed yu yevon and had been pretending to be him for ages now, without anyone telling you. all the armies he controls are obviously the temple warrior monks, etc.

It also makes sense to have 7 after 8, I mean eight's whole plot focuses on what's going to happen in the future. They could always bury the ragnarok and it's friends inside the Planet to melt into the Weapons

interinsting progreatss!!