PDA

View Full Version : Breaking HP Limit

Kamrusepas
02-01-2005, 05:32 PM
I know you need 30 Wings To Discovery to add the ability to a weapon, but what other ways are there than opening three chests in the Remiem race?

And, where can you get weapons with the Break HP Limit ability? I've already got one for Kimahri, but I have no idea where I've gotten it.

alexholker
02-01-2005, 05:55 PM
You can Bribe Malboros (I take this route, bribe with at least 10 times the Malboro's HP the first time, then keep on bribing with any amount), you can kill Dark Aeons, or you can kill Nemesis.

For Break Damage Limit, you can kill the creations at the Monster Arena (~85 dark matters so far), you can kill Dark Aeons, or you can kill Nemesis. For me the easiest way to get them is the celestial weapons, increasing Auron's strength then using Masamune (First Strike and Break Damage Limit celestial weapon) to overkill Sleep Sprout with one hit. It takes a long time, but it is completely foolproof.

m4tt
02-01-2005, 06:40 PM
I thought break HP limit was on armor, not weapons?

Yuffie514
02-01-2005, 07:25 PM
sometimes i get Tetra armour in Omega Ruins :) . if you get one with four empty slots, you can customize it with whatever you want ;) . usually they are dropped by Adamantoise :D . it won't be a difficult job but you got to have patience :cool: .

Ultimate99997
02-01-2005, 09:17 PM
If you want to get wings to discovery in the quickest time you will obviously need a stock load of gil for bribing malboros - normal malboros (found in Cavern of the stolen fayth mostly in the green lit areas, and in the calm lands north east) can be bribed for 540,000 gil to get 4 wings to discovery. Great malboros (found inside sin and at omega ruins) can also be bribed for 1,280,000 gil to get 8 wings to discovery.

If you dont have as much money and have unlocked shinryu at the monster arena you can also keep beating him to get 1 wing to discovery or 2 for an overkill - although I personally think this is too time consuming.

rubah
02-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Omega drops a two slot break hp armor. I've always gotten auron's genji bracer for some reason:P I assume that's the one you got for kimarhi.

Chocobo racing is by far the easiest, unless you've already done it. Just go straight past the first pole, take the chest, it'll throw you down a level, go up through the green pole and the blue poles (they're really close together) and go back to a chest that'll take you where you were. Go back up between the poles and head to the far end up there and get the chest. it'll send you down about two levels, and just head to the center and win:)

I prefer buying my tetra armor from Wantz in Macalania. 225k isn't all that much, and if you need the money, fight kottos to put auto-regen on, sell, and buy another.

Somehow I ended up with a four slotted weapon for rikku from the calm lands. this is cool. it'll go to ap gaining.

Del Murder
02-06-2005, 01:33 AM
Nemesis drops armor with Break HP Limit and 3 empties. Of course, if you can beat him, you really don't need Break HP Limit at that point, unless you are playing the European version of the game with all the cool extra bosses.

tehSlippy
02-06-2005, 02:31 AM
Depending on how annoying it is to find the appropriate items, I *may* add break hp limit instead of auto-potion, provided my sphere grid overhaul goes well. If successful, I should have 60,000+ hp, 999 mp, and good 255 for everything but luck.

rubah
02-06-2005, 06:28 AM
aww, but don't you love slaughtering earth eater a million times?

It's not like it doesn't take 20 minutes and stuff.

moogle
02-15-2005, 12:35 PM
i prefer to fight nemesis in the arena much more entertaining (without killin it with zanamato)