PDA

View Full Version : Chocobos

Shoden
02-01-2005, 06:48 PM
i dunno whether or not theres already a thread bout this so if it isnt locked then discuss chocobo tips for other gamers like the best nuts greens and how to get the coloured ones

Ultimate99997
02-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Damn - doing the chocobo breeding was really long and hard for me - its mostly based on luck to get the right colours and gender of chocobo babies. I cant really remember exactly what the process of getting my gold chocobo was because its been about 7 months since I played last sorry!

FourShiningOrbs
02-02-2005, 08:55 AM
First of all, the best place to get the highest quality chocobos is in the snow-covered area in the north (the tracks are on the western part of that island), but remember this: the chocobos will only be good if they appear with just one or two of those bouncing rabbits (their exact name escapes me).

Second, breeding certain special chocobos can only be done with a special type of nut that must be stolen from the Goblin enemy (they appear on those narrow islands on the northeastern part of the map).

As for what greens to use, that shouldn't be too tough to figure out, but ask the Chocobo Sage if you need more details. If that doesn't help, then I'm sure there's at least one FAQ dedicated to chocobo raising on gamefaqs.com. Just remember to be patient, and be prepared to burn through thousands upon thousands of gil to get the chocobos you need.

DJZen
02-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Just sell a couple mastered All materias, you'll be set.

The thing about chocobo breeding is you need to get specific grades of chocobo in order to breed differently colored ones, and you need to race them until they reach a certain class before breeding them. It's a very long and complicated process that was thankfully never used again.

TheSpoonyBard
02-03-2005, 08:44 PM
In order to begin catching Chocobos so you can breed them, you will need the following things:

1) Chocobo Lure Materia: Purchased from Chocobo Billy on Disc 1 for 2,000 gil, or found on the Chocobo Ranch on Discs 2 or 3.

2) Six Stables: Purchased from Chocobo Bill for 10,000 gil each.

3) Two Carob Nuts: Can be stolen from Vladorakos (red dinosaur creature) near Bone Village, or choose the first ??????? prize (the one that costs 300 GP) at the Wonder Square in the Gold Saucer

4) One Zeio Nut: Can be stolen from a Goblin. These are found on Goblin Island, which is due east of Bone Village.

5) Five Mimmet Greens: Can be bought from Chocobo Billy for 1,500 gil. You need these to stop the Chocobo from running during battle.

For some people this can take weeks, but if you follow all these steps it should take about 4 hours.

1) Capture one male and one female Great Chocobo from Mideel, and one male and one female Good Chocobo from the Gold Saucer Area. Place them in four of your 6 stables. Go to the Chocobo Sage (north of Bone Village) and buy 80 Sylkis Greens. Go back to the stables and feed each Chocobo 20 Sylkis Greens. Go to the Gold Saucer and go to the Chocobo Square. Talk to Ester and chose one of your Chocobos to race with. After 3 races it will move up to a B rank, and a further 5 races will move it up into A rank. Repeat this process with the other 3 Chocobos. If they are not performing too well then feed them more Sylkis Greens. Once all four Chocobos have an A rank, return to the stables and save your game.

2) Talk to Chocobo Billy and chose to mate the male Great with the female Good, and chose to give them a Carob Nut. They should produce a Blue Chocobo. Write down the sex of the new Blue Chocobo, and go out of the ranch and save again. Go back into the ranch and talk to Chocobo Billy again, but this time chose to mate the male Good with the female Great, and give them a Carob Nut. You should get a Green Chocobo. You need to make sure that the sex of the Green Chocobo is not the same as the Blue Chocobo. If it is, then reset the game and try again. After you have got both a Blue and a Green Chocobo of opposite sexes, you can release the four yellow Chocobos. Buy some more Sylkis Greens from the Chocobo Sage and feed them to your Green and Blue Chocobos. Return to the Gold Saucer and race the Blue and Green Chocobos up to an A rank. Once they are at an A rank, return to the stables and save your game.

3) Go inside, talk to Chocobo Billy, chose to mate the Blue and the Green Chocobos with a Carob Nut, and they should produce a Black Chocobo. If they do, then save your game. If they don't, then reset and try again. Once you have a Black Chocobo you need to catch a yellow Wonderful Chocobo of the opposite sex. Go to the Icicle Inn area and capture as many Chocobos as you can, as the Wonderful ones are quite rare. Once you have a Black and a Wonderful Chocobo feed them Sylkis Greens and raise them both to an A rank. Go back to the Chocobo Ranch and save your game.

4) Is this starting to look familiar? Go inside, talk to Chocobo Billy, chose to mate the Black Chocobo with the Wonderful Chocobo, but this time give them the Zeio Nut. They should produce a Gold Chocobo, and if all the parent Chocobos you've used so far have been fed with Sylkis Greens and raised to an A rank, it should have a speed of between 190 and 210 km/h, and should have over 1,500 stamina. I recommend now that you save your game again, just in case something happens and all your hard work goes down the drain.

lord shishio
02-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Dude, just use the W-item trick with the nuts you steal fromthe goblins. give them all to your chocobo, and it boosts it's stats way up.

Shoden
02-06-2005, 11:21 PM
i just cant seem to get the black chocobo

TheSpoonyBard
02-07-2005, 03:13 PM
lord shishio: Nuts do not boost a chocobos stats. Only Greens do this, and the best type of green are the Sylkis Green bought from Chocobo Sage.

Shoden: Just keep trying, you'll get it eventually.

Shoden
02-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Sylkis greens cost a huge bundle

TheSpoonyBard
02-07-2005, 04:16 PM
That's because they are the best. Use the W-Item trick as mentioned before. Buy 2 Sylkis Greens. Select one in battle and choose to use it on someone, then select the other Green. Cancel this, then re-select it. You should notice you have one more than you started with. Keep alternating between 'O' and 'X' until you have 99, then exit the item menu and kill whatever it was you were fighting against. This works with all items that can be used in battle.

Shoden
02-07-2005, 04:23 PM
thanks alot thats bound to save alot of gil

Shoden
02-07-2005, 06:36 PM
what are the requirements tog et the black chocobo? river and mountain chocobo Both B rank + carob nut is that right

Black Chocobo
02-07-2005, 07:41 PM
I love Black Chocobos: As you can see from my name.

To get a black Chocobo you'll need to breed a Blue male/female with a Green male/female. Make sure you train the parents to be "S" class racers. Again, you will need a Carob nut.

To find Carob nuts. They cannot be bought, they must be stolen from an enemy called Vlakorados....you'll find him near Bone Village. If you don't know which one he is...he's the red raptor/dinosaur looking creature, and he's tough to beat. Make sure you have "steal" materia equipped on one of your characters armor. Once you steal it, you can just escape...you don't get very much AP or GP from him...you just need the carob nuts.

I recommend alot of time at the Gold Saucer...You will need to race to make your Chocobo strong and be in the "S" class...

Shoden
02-07-2005, 07:44 PM
why do you have to make the chocobo S class?

Black Chocobo
02-07-2005, 07:52 PM
That increases your chances of getting the Black Chocobo...

Shoden
02-07-2005, 07:58 PM
alrighty then

Black Chocobo
02-07-2005, 08:09 PM
I mean, you could get a Chocobo in the "A" class...but if you have the spare time...Race more, and get them in the "S" class....(Make sure the chocobo was originally a Rare wonderful Chocobo though) and if they are in the "S" class...You should be able to get a Black Chocobo w/in no time..

BTW- This process for getting a Black Chocobo from ground-zero normally takes 5-6hrs of your life...So, why not spend a couple more and get a Gold?

Yet, I like the Black.....Hope the above helps you mate

Shoden
02-07-2005, 08:13 PM
meh the stats of my river and mountain chocobos are maxed out and they're both at rank A but they struggle in the races

Black Chocobo
02-07-2005, 08:41 PM
You could breed them (After saving your game) and see if they produce a Black with a Carob nut (How to find a Carob nut is above) and see what you get..

Shoden
02-07-2005, 08:45 PM
finally im lucky

Black Chocobo
02-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Did you get one? If so, good job!

Shoden
02-07-2005, 08:49 PM
i did and all i needed was a rank A Blue chocobo and some lucky pluses

Quina
02-08-2005, 04:00 AM
I think chocobos were used the best in this one.

Black Chocobo
02-08-2005, 05:50 AM
(One reason I said you might want to save) That way you can go back and forth and try, and try

Shoden
02-08-2005, 04:49 PM
yeah thats what i do now im trying for the gold Chocobo

Black Chocobo
Wonderfull Chocobo
Zeio nut
Luck

i have 3/4 of those all i need is luck