PDA

View Full Version : What IS this?

Gunblades
02-01-2005, 08:11 PM
sorry for asking an obvious question, but i saw some of the images the other day and then spotted this, and i just dont know what it is, i assume it's a game related to FF7?

Destai
02-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Its a PS2 game that focuses on Vincents life etc. a year after Advent children.

Gunblades
02-02-2005, 10:52 AM
wow thats mad....because then we know he survives advent children and none of us know what happens in it yet. So when is this thing expecting to be out?

Destai
02-02-2005, 04:30 PM
2006. Very little is known.

Lucky Charms
02-02-2005, 08:59 PM
they are gonna rake in the bucks with this thing.

Destai
02-02-2005, 11:46 PM
They always do when it comes to FF. I think its gonna be a sharp jab at VII's dignity though.

Black Chocobo
02-03-2005, 04:28 AM
I don't think I can wait that long!

Gunblades
02-03-2005, 12:17 PM
well it could go either way, i liked FFX2, but others didnt, never the less it sold. What DO we know about it?

Destai
02-03-2005, 04:06 PM
Its not your average RPG if its an RPG at all (which its probably not). Its suspected to play like Devil May Cry which is action. VII doesnt deserve it.

Shoden
02-03-2005, 08:47 PM
well there are many RPG games this could be an action based gun RP Game because of the character(s) & Storyline as it is a sequel of a sequel to ff7 most likely to be an rpg

Destai
02-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Having a storyline doesnt make it an RPG. The whole blend of a turn based battle system and storyline etc. makes it an RPG. DOC is missing too many features.

Shoden
02-03-2005, 09:15 PM
i mean an RPG related storyline but it may have relations outakes and similarities to an RPG

Gunblades
02-03-2005, 09:49 PM
actually i think it would be very good if it's similar to Devil may cry, it's different and i would love to be able to control Tifa like that :)

Shoden
02-03-2005, 10:10 PM
i have never played DMC

GhandiOwnsYou
02-04-2005, 02:58 AM
I dunno, I've heard Devil May Cry, in which case i'm very leery. Square action games??

*cough*The BOUNCER *cough*
*Cough* ERGHIEZ*Cough*

But i can also see it coming out as the bastard child of kingdom hearts and DMC, which could rock some serious sox

Gunblades
02-04-2005, 02:29 PM
DMC 1 and 2 are actually very good games, i havent played boxer etc, but DMC is gripping

Destai
02-04-2005, 02:54 PM
I've played and passed DMC2. Its got good graphics etc. but the game is very repetitve.

Del Murder
02-05-2005, 07:18 PM
Feel free to browse this forum to learn more about the game.

The New Kid
02-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Devil May Cry 2 is a very average game that destroyed the franchise for me. Hopefully Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening will revive it. The first DMC is very good though.

I'm really not too excited about this game. I mean, I love Vincent and it would be fantastic to be able to actually control him, and not just control his actions. But, if you've played Drakengard, then you'll know Square-Enix aren't very good at action-oriented games. Same goes for The Bouncer. They have adequate time to work on it though, so maybe they'll get it right. Here's hoping! *makes toe-crossies*

beyondthegrave
02-06-2005, 03:27 AM
I really hope they don't kill this game....but from the screens I've seen it looks bad...the enemys in the game look like there from Tron, and they put Cait sith in it...which makes it tons worse now!

Gunblades
02-06-2005, 10:17 AM
everyoone carnt have what they want. and i prefferd DMC2

Oblivion
02-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Wow, I cant belive they're going to make another sequel when the X-2 sucked so badly.

Dante WolfWood
02-06-2005, 09:05 PM
umm, X-2 made it to greatest hits dude, It was a very good game and if you disagree, just look at the sells...>.>

also, what about Kingdom hearts,star ocean and CC? (I know, CC is Contoversial but leave it alone for now) I say square is getting better at it and is trying something new. People would complain if they DIDNT try something new. I mean, they wanted to do an action-based game about FFVII, who better to do it with? Vincent of Course! I mean, you might think cid would be better but Cid's life wasnt as dark and interesting as Vincent, and people loved him.

I'm pretty sure this game is gonna sell andmost the people complaining about it will be the first to buy it.

Destai
02-06-2005, 09:14 PM
Its FF, of course just about everyone in this forum si going to buy it but it still may well not be as good as many of the other ones.

Shoden
02-06-2005, 09:20 PM
FFVII is probably the best F ever 9 and 10 sucked bad the main chars the censors sheez its as if square wants 6 year olds playing Teen games

The New Kid
02-06-2005, 09:36 PM
But the fact is is that Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, and Chrono Cross, while good, (well, the first two at least) they are still, at heart, RPGs of some sort. Yes, they are more action-based then Final Fantasy, but they're still sticking to at least some kind of a formula. When they stray to far from this formula and try to experiment, a game like Drakengard or Ehrgeiz comes out of the mix. I mean, I'm all for the company trying to experiment and possibly branch out, but they could at least try and emulate other successes in the genre, i.e. for Drakengard, they could have tryed to put in a game engine similar to that of Dynasty Warriors. Not exactly the same, obviously with some unique changes, but you get my point. They should take some pointers from other companies.

Destai
02-06-2005, 09:40 PM
The worst any FF could be is an average game.

Gunblades
02-07-2005, 03:33 PM
true

udsuna
02-13-2005, 08:18 PM
The worst any FF could be is an average game.

I take it you've never played "Mystic Quest"? It was a pathetic example of ANY genre of game. Action, rpg, it doesn't matter. At best it was a second-rate Zelda clone.

But, I'm hoping they learned their lesson from that mistake.... Look at what Blizzard did when crossing Starcraft into a shooter game. They knew it wasn't going to carry over well (the hate mail only confirmed it) so they had to make a much better game of it than otherwise. If square is smart- they'll only add to the hype and draw in an entirely new croud of players. If not, they've just sabotaged THAT goal for an entire generation of gamers. You do the math.

CloudStrife48
03-03-2005, 07:22 PM
If you look at it, Square is doing alot of experimenting.

FF7 was a normal RPG.
FF7 Advent Children is a movie.
FF7 Before Crisis is on a cell phone and I think it uses Flash technology
FF7 Dirge of Cerberus is an action type game like Devil May Cry
FF7 Crisis Core is believed to be a real time battle game (like Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Symphonia) my belief is it will do ALOT with the war on Wutai and sephiroth and jenova and the beginnings of SOLDIER.

I am looking forward to all of them!! BC needs to be released in America but sadly it will most likely never happen due to American regulations.

CloudStrife48
03-03-2005, 07:24 PM
Look at what Blizzard did when crossing Starcraft into a shooter game. They knew it wasn't going to carry over well (the hate mail only confirmed it)

Blizzard is a great company, Starcraft Ghost is supposed to be better than Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid, but sadly they keep pushing it back.

Sylvie
03-13-2005, 11:10 PM
i dont like this. Final Fantasy should remain an RPG, not a stupid run-around-and-shoot-people-with-turbo-speed-and-action. I dont think they should try this. They should make their time on something useful. I dont really think this game will sell very well.

Camanche
03-14-2005, 08:19 PM
To be honest, if it has style, and a story that is at least satisfying and intriguing, then I will definitely buy it. As much as I like traditional RPG's, FF had not been doing anything wildly different in a long time, and I think that is why the series, to me, has been losing some of the luster it had in the past.

I'm actually looking forward to this, big time. I think anyone cracking down on it right now is saying too much. You don't have to buy it; Square is just giving us options for those interested. Why complain? It's like going to McDonalds and complaining about the fact that they have a 'light choices' menu now. No one is forcing the salads or the ‘lightly grilled chicken and lettuce on a whole-wheat bun’ sandwiches down your throats, and Square isn’t making you play or buy this game either.

Greiver205
03-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Yea but they know that you will buy it because its art of the FF7 series...cause thats why im buying it...