PDA

View Full Version : first impressions!

redxiiii
02-01-2005, 09:00 PM
:) HI guy, I just wanna know what were your first impressions of this game?
My first impression went something like, " hey ma what did you get this crap 4? I just wanted resi 2!"
But weeks later when i compleated resi I thought hey maybe i should try it out and it turned out to be the best game I`d played of that year! :D :p

Destai
02-01-2005, 09:03 PM
It was my 3rd or 4th PS1 game. I was easily impressed.

Bisithorious
02-01-2005, 09:13 PM
It sucked me right in. It got me obsessed with video games.

Ezme
02-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Having played 9 then 8 then 6. I hated it! The graphics were appaling (compared to contemparies and i had seen 10 but not played it then), the contols were weird. and generally thought it was naff. I didn't go near it for a while then I thought if i were really going ot have an opinion I would have to play at least the 1st disk. And I liked it. It still is nowhere near my favorite but its good. (Better than 8 at least!)

Ultimate99997
02-01-2005, 09:27 PM
I only purchased the game about 2 years ago because I kind of worked through the ff games backwards from 10, the intro was all right but when I saw cloud jump off of that train at the beginning I was completely shocked. He must of been made from a maximum of 6 polygons and his elbows were just indentations in his arms.
However - the storyline was captivating and energetic from then on - I mean - what better start to a game can you have than blowing up a nuclear mako reactor?

Really good game in the end - wish they would remake it directly - no prequel or sequels just a complete makeover would be wicked!

Necronopticous
02-01-2005, 10:04 PM
I bought my first Sony Playstation and Final Fantasy VII at the same time when Final Fantasy VII was released. From the time I first turned on the game to the time it ended my reaction was something to the effect of ":eek:!!!!"

ShunNakamura
02-01-2005, 10:55 PM
My first thoughts were to the effect of "well these graphics certianally enough aren't all that great"(I had played parasite eve, some of xenogears, and Some Chrono Cross, all of which I liked graphic wise more then VII).

Second thought(once I started Playing) "oh boy... I don't like these controls at all" "at least I can change them to what I prefer, that's definately a bonus."

As I am nearing the end of the first disk I was thinking yes it is a good game, nice characters/development and a good story, although it is a bit slow with too many mini-games for my taste. Also I liked the side quests. :P

Rostum
02-01-2005, 11:24 PM
I played it when it first came out; I thought the graphics were good, but I got hooked in by the music, story and dialogue first.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-01-2005, 11:25 PM
i kneeled down and declared my love for such an immenent object...

Not not really but i made it clear to everyone in the family that i loved this game, easily impressed stucked with it to the end...and in addition improved my reading skills sinced there was no voice overs...who need books back then!?

Flamethrower
02-01-2005, 11:50 PM
I wasn't immediately impressed at first, but by the time you had to rescue Aeris from the Shinra Headquaters, I was hooked.

Bubbles1230
02-02-2005, 02:08 AM
I first got it when it just came out, but i was too busy playing Resident Evil 2 to play it. Finally, once it beat RE2 i played it and got ADDICTED!! I thought the graphics were great, cuz this is when games where all like that or worse. But the actual story was fantastic.

Sepho
02-02-2005, 05:18 AM
It was the first RPG I ever played, and during that first time I picked up the controller, by the time I put it down early the next morning, I had saved my game outside the Chocobo Ranch. And I had no idea what I was doing.

I played a lot.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-02-2005, 06:08 AM
I recall it was something along the lines of "why the HELL did I get a Nintendo 64!?"

aelc
02-02-2005, 06:34 AM
well, before FF7 i had never played/heard of the rpg genre, so i didnt even know what to expect, i only got it cause of all the rave reviews it got at the time. the battle sequences seemed really strange and kinda boring at first, but i was really drawn in by the characters and the storyline. it was really the first time i ever saw a video game as something more than a game.

FourShiningOrbs
02-02-2005, 09:09 AM
As an avid fan of all the Final Fantasy series, I was very excited to play this game. I had beaten FF6 a few times through, because it was and still is one of my favorite video games ever, so I was anxious to see if they could improve on that game. The plot, setting, and characters are rather different between FF6 and FF7, so getting used to that took some time. I think what really did it for me was materia. Once I started building and combo-ing materia, I was completely engrossed in this game. I still think it's the best ability-learning system of all the FF games so far. Luckily, I played through FF7 before I saw FF8, so I wasn't disappointed with the graphics, because nothing else I had seen really compared at the time. The music was a different story, though. FF7 arguably has the best soundtrack of any video game, period. We should send Nobuo Uematsu a thank you card, because his compositions greatly enhanced what was already a fantastic video game to play. In my opinion, it's a toss-up as to whether FF6 or FF7 is the best in the series, but suffice it to say they're both extremely well-made and just as enjoyable.

remi07
02-03-2005, 07:32 PM
I bought this game in 2003 because I read such great reviews on it. I thought the intro was fantastic, but when it got to the part where Cloud jumps off the train, I couldn't beleive how bad the graphics were. I mean, I know it was 1997, but the Super Nintendo Donkey Kong games that were made in like 1994 had graphics that were 10X better than FF7's graphics. I also hated how you had to hold down the X button to make him run (well I still hate it actually!). After playing it for about 30 minutes I was hooked by the story and the characters. This is best game I have ever played, and I hope that one day there will be a game a good as it, and hopefully with better graphics!

Shoden
02-03-2005, 07:40 PM
it was my first RPG i got stuck 3 years ago and left it till about 2 weeks ago and i finished it i love it. it surpasses 8 in many ways but i still like 8 alot too

DJZen
02-03-2005, 07:42 PM
At the time my impression was "OMG THIS IS GONNA BE SOOOOOOO COOOOOOL!!!!!!!"

Shoden
02-03-2005, 07:53 PM
3 years ago i wasnt very bright below average to be exact but over these years my brain shifted into hypergear and now im not a dumbass but somehow iv gotten smart over 3 years and im above average now how freaky.

off topic Fact: Dislexic drivers are worse than drink drivers

Ultimate99997
02-03-2005, 07:57 PM
I dont think it takes intelligence to complete a game just hard work and determination
Final fantasy 7 was a long game - thats why I kept at it and completed it - it wasn't the difficulty and strategies that kept me stuck - just the sheer lenght and complexity of the story line.

(off topic question): by above average intelligence are you referring to IQ?

Del Murder
02-05-2005, 07:02 PM
'Awesome.'

Shoden
02-05-2005, 09:16 PM
no just the average intelligence thingy

The New Kid
02-05-2005, 09:19 PM
It introduced me to the RPG genre. My friend Jack had bought it and said it was really good. I went round his house and played it for a bit. I died at Guard Scorpion... I was pretty sucky at video games back then. I thought "Rascal" was hard, for Christ's sake! (I've gotten better though, I swear.)
Anywho, I decided I'd borrow it from him and I had another crack at it.

I thought the graphics were very good in battle mode. The controls were a bit awkward, but I compensated and got used to them. The materia system was complex at first, but I eventually got it after a few battles. I couldn't believe that a game could be this complex! The story had me hooked eventually, and I bought the game itself. To this day, I consider it one of the single most entertaining interactive experiences ever created.

I honestly believe it has helped shape who I am today. Nerdy, huh?

kalabora
02-16-2005, 03:27 AM
My friend wrote fan fiction and got me into it so I was writing FFVII fan fiction and hadn't even played the game. So I was determined to beat the game, and I did it is the most deep inpacting game i've ever played. I got it on the last day of school and could have beaten it on July 4th but waited till the next morning cause everyone was bothering me to do fireworks with them.

Cloud Strife fanatic
02-16-2005, 04:20 AM
okay, about 8 years ago i got a ps1 for christmas (i wanted a nintendo 64) and there was a demo disk of ff7 inside of it, i started it and the begining movie interested me. than when Cloud fliped off the train i was thinking something like "i love the hair its awsome!" i started walking and a battle started up, then! i saw cloud holding that giant sword and i was hooked. I couldn't read very well (i was only 5) so i only played for the battles. So a week later i went to blockbuster and rented the real thing, i rented it for about a month. :chop:

If it wasn't for ff7 i probly woudn't like life as much to this day.

Desert Merchant
02-16-2005, 04:49 AM
:) HI guy, I just wanna know what were your first impressions of this game?
My first impression went something like, " hey ma what did you get this crap 4? I just wanted resi 2!"
But weeks later when i compleated resi I thought hey maybe i should try it out and it turned out to be the best game I`d played of that year! :D :p

oh my god that is soo wierd because when i first got my PS i had to pick between FFVII and Res 2 and i picked RE2 then they took away FFVII and i didnt know what FF was at the time but i didnt like RE so i asked if i could have FF back and i played it and was like this game is retarded you dont even really fight you just take turns and whatver but then i played it more and instantly fell in love with it... and so my FF journey begins

Captain Maxx Power
02-16-2005, 10:47 AM
I just wondered why that guy in the uniform was walking to wierdly and had a tail. Then why Mr T was in a sailor suit. And then what the heck that giant pink thing was.