PDA

View Full Version : THE CID CONSPIRACY!!!

strawberryman
02-02-2005, 01:32 AM
I mean, how many games has he shown up in? There's something wrong with this picture... :shifty:

TheAbominatrix
02-02-2005, 01:34 AM
The name Cid is used in every game except I (though they added mention in the re-releases). It's a different guy everytime.

strawberryman
02-02-2005, 01:35 AM
The name Cid is used in every game except I (though they added mention in the re-releases). It's a different guy everytime.
I know that, but still... It's a bit strange if you think about it a bit... :mad:

How is it strange? They use the same name again out of tradition. Biggs and Wedge are in every game since VI (I believe there's a few exceptions, too tired to think of any though).
I'm just thinking... How many times is he going to be on the good guys side for? Maybe He will turn on everybody! AHHHH!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
LEST YOU INCUR THE WRATH OF CID! :weep:

TheAbominatrix
02-02-2005, 01:37 AM
How is it strange? They use the same name again out of tradition. Biggs and Wedge are in every game since VI (I believe there's a few exceptions, too tired to think of any though).

Slade
02-02-2005, 02:15 AM
Was there a Biggs and Wedge in IX? I cant remember.......

ShivaBlizzard8
02-02-2005, 03:01 AM
I think they may have left them out of FF9, but the tradition continued in 10. There's lots of "carry-overs" that knit the FF games together, its kind of like an inside joke to those of us who play all the games. That's all the Cid thing is. It's just in good fun.

Flashback007
02-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Maybe it's indeed a conspiracy. Like that the Cids are the true evil that they are the ones that rule the world. And that they just make up a story so that their dictator-ship can go on. Cid in VII even wanted to conquer space. ;) .

Ok, but seriously now. I think Cid is just a trademark of Final Fantasy, just like Bahamut and maybe also Biggs&Wedge. It's just something that returns that is reconigzed by the fans. Nothing big behind it.

Zante
02-04-2005, 08:13 AM
Come to think of it, some of the Cids were in fact the bad guys at the begining and went to the good side later.

FFIV- He made the Airships for the Red Wings
FFV- He created the machine for sucking out the fire cristals power
FFVI- He worked for the empire and imbued people with magic at the cost of espers

Flashback007
02-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Come to think of it, some of the Cids were in fact the bad guys at the begining and went to the good side later.

FFIV- He made the Airships for the Red Wings
FFV- He created the machine for sucking out the fire cristals power
FFVI- He worked for the empire and imbued people with magic at the cost of espers

Don't forget the Cids from FFVII and FFVIII

FFVII - He worked for SHinra
FFVIII - He suported his wife, who did no good things.

ShivaBlizzard8
02-04-2005, 06:02 PM
Even in 9, he cheated on his wife
And in 10, the Al Bhed were originally thought of as bad guys.

RedCydranth
02-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Don't leave out FFT.

T,G. Cid was a general in (I believe) Goltana's army before he realized the manupulations of both sides and joined Ramza.

TheAbominatrix
02-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Cid in IV didnt make his airships to be used as weapons. He wanted no part of any of the bad things going on in Baron, which was why he was imprisoned.

None of the Cid's were ever doing anything maliciously. They were all doing what they thought was right, not set out to be bad guys. In VII, working for Shin Ra did not make you evil or bad. Shin Ra was bad, but not everyone who worked for it was. Especially not at the point in time when Cid was working for them.

DJZen
02-05-2005, 03:41 AM
Maybe it's indeed a conspiracy. Like that the Cids are the true evil that they are the ones that rule the world. And that they just make up a story so that their dictator-ship can go on.

Congratulations, you've just spoiled the plot to Final Fighting Fantasy :D

RedCydranth
02-05-2005, 07:23 AM
Cids aren't the only repeating thing. there are a few other inter game similarities.

Biggs and Wedge are in many later versions. certain weapons are found in numerous games. But one of my personal favorites is the word Crescent.

FF1: Crescent Lake
FF2: Crescent (weapon)
FF5: Crescent Town
FF8: Crescent Wish
FF9: Freya Crescent

Also in one FF there was an enemy named Crescent. Not in all but definitely not a coincidental trend.

Quina
02-08-2005, 04:16 AM
He sure is a master of disguise!

turnitup5000db
02-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Introducing MIRICLE CID!!!

Instructions : Set up as a mid level figure in a semi corrupt to corrupt power structure or a hapless victim of said power structure. Water thouroughly. Sprinkle some angst, fear and anger, and miricle Cid will always join your party and kill lots and lots of bad guys, or aid you in some other way, a - la FF3 Cid merrily giving you his airship knowing full well you intend to crash it into a rock.

Oh, and you guys failed to mention Judgemaster Cid from FFTA, and you may have missed more as I'm not sure if he was in any of the gameboy games. He was NOT in FFMQ, of that I am sure, though with squenix redoing things left and right, I'm expeciting to see it ported to the GBA coupled with Secret of Evermore any day now, with Captain Cid replacing Captain Mack.

Quina
02-09-2005, 02:08 AM
And in Super Mario RPG he can replace Mack the Knife.

Del Murder
02-11-2005, 10:45 PM
Interesting that evey Cid seemed to have their own brush with the dark side, whether it be intentional or not.

Erased
02-12-2005, 05:45 PM
My all powerful Cid theory:

If there is a Cid in a Final Fantasy, there will be a guy who wants to do something evil.

I think they put him in there just so there will be a bad guy.