PDA

View Full Version : Is Al-Bhed really that important?

Strider
02-02-2005, 07:52 AM
I don't even remember what I did, but I guess I know now that "t" in Al Bhed is "d" in English or something like that. Is it really that important to know what they're talking about?

Also, supposing I would like to know what they're saying, how would I go about figuring that out?

alexholker
02-02-2005, 08:01 AM
There are items that, unless you use a guide, require a certain amount of knowledge of Al Bhed to find (including Rikku's celestial weapon). Also, if you learn the entire language, you get 99 Underdog's Secrets from Rin.

Ezme
02-05-2005, 09:00 PM
I think it gives the game replay value. One your first go you miss loads and are probs more into following the storyline because you don't know whats going to happen but on the second go you see what the Al Bhed were saying on the salvage ship and therefor find new things out, plus alot of the al bhed are really funny and say quite random things. I like it anway.

tehSlippy
02-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Like alex mentioned, the 99 underdog's secrets is what you want. Mixing two of those gives you Supernova, i believe.

rubah
02-06-2005, 06:22 AM
Yes. It's really fun to know every thing the al bhed say, and you feel like you want to yell at them when they start insulting you all the time.

Plus, it gives away amazing points about what happens in the game. Uber nostalgia.

lulusgirl
02-07-2005, 12:38 AM
it is cool. if you want, in ffx2, you can click on 'al bhed chat' and they have a pretty acurate translater. and they teach you how to say it too.

T-MaN
02-15-2005, 05:21 PM
What? They have an Al-Bhed translator in FFX-2? LoL, I didn't know that ( Where da hell hav i been? )

lulusgirl
02-19-2005, 12:12 AM
yeah, it says how to say it to.

Maciavellism
02-19-2005, 02:09 AM
....i really dont think Al Bhed is THAT...important..but it does help you out alot through out the game...it gets you more items...but...i never need my Al Bhed primers cause i memorized the language (yes i truly have no life) but its a good thing to have all of them cause sometimes the al bhed make fun of the characters that dont know the language..<(^.^)b

Strider
02-19-2005, 07:48 AM
I've got enough of the manuscripts to mostly understand what they're saying, but I'm still missing quite a few.

YukiKiro
02-19-2005, 07:56 AM
its nice to know, if you want to speak albhed in real life, well, there are translators you can download. but i digress. some of the things said in albhed are really helpful, some of it is pure nonsense, yet other things are quite funny.

lulusgirl
02-19-2005, 03:14 PM
yeah, al bhed is helpful if your mad :love: . but i learned it so when people talk, i know what there saying.i didn't have that many al bhed primers. :tongue: