PDA

View Full Version : Home theatre thing

Mikztsu
02-02-2005, 03:12 PM
Do you have one? I just recently bought sweet 5.1 system where I plug my PC, TV, DVD, stereos and PS2.

It's very very nice and wouldn't have it other way now. :)

Leeza
02-02-2005, 05:20 PM
I agree. After hearing that sound I wouldn't have it any other way either, but I didn't know that I could hook them up to my PS2.

I've got two. One for the TV. Kirsch 5.1 speakers with an Onkyo receiver...awesome sound, and then I just got 5.1 speakers with THX for my new computer which also has a THX sound card. I haven't set those up yet though.

Sepho
02-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Having surround isn't as important is just having good speakers in general. I have everything (except my Genesis, which only supports R/F hook-ups), even my NES, hooked up to my 400 watt receiver. It's fun playing Tetris with this old tunes pumping through my subwoofer.

It's almost impossible to go back to tinny TV speakers after you've played a few games on a real audio setup.

SomethingBig
Sure do. I'm not familiar with the device names, but I have a 48" screen TV with a built in subwoofer and a DVD player with surround sound.

Rainecloud
Our "Home Theatre" contains a mish-mash of different bits. We have a Phillip's television and a nice DVD player which are both plugged into some fairly adequate speakers. I don't even know what brand the speakers are, but they sound good enough for me.

Samuraid
02-02-2005, 06:25 PM
Back at home, I have a Denon (avr-1082) 7.1 surround receiver pumping 770 Watts full bandwidth RMS. :D I also have a Pioneer SACD/DVD-Audio/Video player for surround sound music and stuff. The system kicks! I need to get new speakers once I get out of university though.

Lucky Charms
02-02-2005, 08:33 PM
My dad likes to upgrade his home theater all the time. Currently we have 7 (or 8?) Bose speakers that sounds really loud and realistic. Top it off with a Sony big screen. Oye, my mom thinks he overdoes it but he seems to throughly enjoy the entertainment he gets out of it. My favorite movies to watch with the Home Theater system are Hero and the Matrix.

On top of that..
He even installed two old Bose wall speakers of his in my room that I haven't used yet since all my music is on my laptop. Hm, I'm not sure if he's hooked the ps2 to the amplifier in my room yet.. if he did I think I'll have to play FF-X2 again.

Baloki
02-02-2005, 09:12 PM
I really need to get round to hooking my PC upto my PC :p

Mindflare
02-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Only on a computer would I want to put stuff like that on. Not that I could afford anything like that in my visible future. Heh.