PDA

View Full Version : Will FF XII have a Hate control system???

Anadaron
02-02-2005, 07:25 PM
I played FFXI for almost a year and loved it. I have since stopped. The one thing i loved most about the game was the way you could control monster hate. Basically for those that haven't played it you could make it so that your "tank"(paladin, warrior whatever) would be the only character taking damage. This made the game tons of fun trying to balance hate and kill quickly. From the video i saw on here of the E3 preview it looks like in a clip close to the end there is a Paladin looking character and the monster is attacking only that char while the other char's beat up on the monster.

So here is the question...... Will they give us a way to control hate in this game or will it be liek others where we are randomly beat upon(to an extent)??? :confused:

Personally adding this in just gives it even more strategy and overall fun in my perspective. image being able to giev your White Mage char nothing but magic boosting items and not have to worry about defense cause your Paladin character can hold all the hate.

i have played every FF since it came out on Nintendo and think this would be an awesome addition to the single player ff genre.

So comments, rumors, actual knowledge of it. have at it! :D :D

TasteyPies
02-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Or there could be the "rows" system where people you don't want hurt just stand further away.

Croyles
02-03-2005, 08:13 PM
From what i have heard, the random encounter system from previous final fantasys will be abolished and replaced with the aggro system from ffxi where you can see monsters etc on the same screen and you aggro them or vice versa. Aggro is something that has hate against you char. However, i am not sure if u can control hate after the initial "spotting" of your enemy or vice versa to balance out the damage, but considering that you can freely move around in battle in a 3d manner i could not imagine there NOT being a hate control system unless the way they set it up was so that chars further back are less likely to get attacked as mentioned by Tasteypies (although it will not be as simple as Front and Back, there will also be sideways :P).

Anadaron
02-03-2005, 10:56 PM
Well the way it worked in FFXI was that the "warrior" type char had an ability called provoke which caused massive hate or aggro. It was refreshable every 30 seconds. so you used that and he kept all the hate on himself. Also the amount of damage you inflicted effected your hate levels along with cures. whoever had the highest hate against them was attacked by the monster. It would be very interesting to see this implemented in XII because it would add that extra layer of strategy and dificulty to the game.

Croyles
02-03-2005, 11:21 PM
i do play ffxi too btw. yeah it would be interesting to see ffxii with that system.

Loony BoB
02-07-2005, 01:31 PM
The only 3D game I've played that really mastered the art of real time fighting was the Mark of Kri. Good game, although very short. But the battle style was perfect. I would hope they'd come up with something similar in FFXII, but somehow I doubt it. Not sure how they'd incorporate magic into that, too, now that I think about it.

EDIT: For those unaware of the game, it's sort of like the aggro style but you can also cause diversions by doing such things as shooting a wild boar with an arrow, causing it to run around like a nut. Making loud noises will also make enemies start to look around. In Kri, you can also sneak around, though, and take people out silently if you grab them from behind/around the corner. But the best part of all is how it handles multiple enemies - it's the only game that I know of that has a real-time movement RP that you can effectively take on multiple enemies in a tactical manner, ie, you can select enemies with different Playstation symbols and, until you either kill them, they move out of range or you select another enemy with that symbol, if you attack with that symbol then it will attack that opponent. The combos you can come up with while attacking six enemies at once are very cool.

cristeal
02-19-2005, 07:37 AM
I hate the agro system, the white magic takes WAY WAY too much hate. and alot of newb whm have a habit of healing anytime, and not considering when the tank will be able to provoke. I prefer the row system. Though Provoke would be useful.

As you can most likely tell, I dont like the FF11 system thta much. Attackrs dont do much at all, just watch. I love the old battle system.