PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks we will see re-makes of FF IV,V & VI?

/Ifrit/
02-02-2005, 11:38 PM
Well, since I & 2 just got remade, III will be out possibly this year (remade from the Jap verson), who thinks 4,5 and 6 will get remade again? We have already seen remakes for these games (in chronicles and anthology) but maybe they will remake them on the GBA or something. So what is your oppinion on this? Would you buy them again with a few more dungeons?

Rase
02-03-2005, 06:55 AM
Hell yes, since I I don't own VI anymore (dran you parents!!!) and I never played V. Plus, they could all use a good translation update.

Mirage
02-03-2005, 07:21 AM
No, I wouldn't.
I've already bought them for the PS, but I use an emulator when playing them. If they re-released them for some Gameboy, I'd just emulate that too.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-03-2005, 08:20 AM
I'd gladly buy IV, V, and VI again if they got new translations. Not that any of their translations were as abominable as the ones for the NES version of FFI and the SNES version of FFIV, but they're all pretty rough. The translation for the PS version of FFIV was adequate as far as the script went, but when it came the names--names of locations, enemies, characters, objects, etc.--it still reeked of the SNES translation. FFV's translation has prettymuch the same problem, except not even its script is very good. As for FFVI's translation, I don't mind the Woolsey stuff in the dialogue, but again, I'd like an accurate translation of the names and a removal of all the Nintendo-forced censorship.

Flashback007
02-03-2005, 10:16 AM
I think they indeed should release IV and V again and also VI, but especially in VI, they should leave it like it is. It is a game of one kind that they shouldn't change.

feioncastor
02-03-2005, 04:01 PM
I will buy anything that Square-Enix puts out, even if I end up not liking it. I feel that I owe that to them for the wonderful things they've done for my life with FF1, FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7, FFT, SF, SoM, CT, CC, and all the rest.

They'll probably re-make FF4, FF5, and FF6 for the GBA or the DS

I just hope that when they remake FF6, that it looks something like this:
http://www.nintendoland.com/graphics/screens/FF7-3.gif
Or this:
http://www.nintendoland.com/graphics/screens/FF7-2.gif

Anyone hoping for the same thing, or am I alone here?

They can remake it all they want, but there will still only be one classic with the magic that a classic has.

Feion

Yuffie514
02-03-2005, 04:07 PM
i'm not as big a fan of the past FF games :mad: , but i'll buy them if they ever come...for collection purposes :) .

feioncastor
02-03-2005, 04:12 PM
i'm not as big a fan of the past FF games :mad: , but i'll buy them if they ever come...for collection purposes :) .
Even FF6? I've never heard of someone who gave that game a fair chance and ended up not liking it.

Sefie1999AD
02-03-2005, 04:31 PM
I'd gladly buy IV, V, and VI again if they got new translations. Not that any of their translations were as abominable as the ones for the NES version of FFI and the SNES version of FFIV, but they're all pretty rough. The translation for the PS version of FFIV was adequate as far as the script went, but when it came the names--names of locations, enemies, characters, objects, etc.--it still reeked of the SNES translation. FFV's translation has prettymuch the same problem, except not even its script is very good. As for FFVI's translation, I don't mind the Woolsey stuff in the dialogue, but again, I'd like an accurate translation of the names and a removal of all the Nintendo-forced censorship.

I agree with most of the things Kishi said. Concerning translations, I thought FF4 Chronicles had a great translation, FF5 was pretty good but I didn't like the name translations (Bartz, Reina, Krile, Salsa, X-Death etc), and FF6 would have been totally fine if it wasn't for Nintendo's censorship. A problem with FF4 and FF5's PSX versions were the horrible loading times, which made the games so annoying to play that I just gave up with them and played the fan-translated SNES versions instead.

RedCydranth
02-03-2005, 05:12 PM
The only remake of a FF game I want is a remake of FF3, because I do not have it for a console. I'd prefer it to be on PS1 like 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9 but... thats me thinking clearly. If they ONLY put FF3 on GBA I'll still get it but be really pissed because the game was created on a console and is best experienced on one. Sure portable gaming has come a LONG way since the original lunky monochrome green Game Boy, but its my opinion that there is not a single game that is for Gameboy that wouldn't be better on a console. I know theres the Game Boy Player for the Cube but I shouldn't have to go through that for a Final Fantasy.

FF3 on PS1!

DJZen
02-03-2005, 07:37 PM
It's not coming out for GBA, it's coming out for DS, which is powerful enough to run a 4 player version of Mario 64.

Also, I'd like to point out that there WAS a remake of FFIV with slightly better graphics, although we never got it in America.

Destai
02-03-2005, 07:53 PM
I think playing them on a portable console is more appealing. If they made a remake Id want realistic graphics, lots of re orchestrations (god I hope thats a word), Old and new sidequests, XorVII styled gameplay and lotsa awe inspiring FMV's. Well for VI anyway...
I may consider VI on a portable console but not V or IV. Ive passed VI. Im at the end of IV and V where Ive been for the past two years with only small unsuccesful urges to tackle them and pass the games.
That VI screenshot looks terrible.

TheAbominatrix
02-03-2005, 08:07 PM
That VI screenshot is a demo from before VII came out, a 'look what we can do' sort of thing. If they remade it, it would not look like that.

I'd buy any sort of remake of any of these games.

Edgar
02-03-2005, 08:12 PM
If they changed FFVI graphically, muscially, etc...then yes, I would buy it. And of course, FF:A's FFVI has horrible loading times too.

BuzzSaw
02-07-2005, 09:33 AM
I agree with RedCydranth...
all I want is ff3 and ff mystic quest (yes I liked its
crappy simplicity) on a single cd for PS1.

ShivaBlizzard8
02-07-2005, 05:17 PM
I'm perfectly happy with the FF Anthology remakes of FFV and FFVI; they are basically the same as the FF1 and FF2 remakes for the PSX, so I don't see the need to re-redo them.

What I would like to see, however, is FF3 come out as a set with FF4. I hated that FF4 came out with Crono Cross or Trigger or whatever, not because I have a problem with the CC series, but because I like to keep one series in one place, so to speak. Also, I'd like to get a chance to play FF3, and releasing 4 with CC kind of screwed up the whole 2-game FF set thing. ;)

Shoden
02-07-2005, 05:49 PM
id buy 4 and 6 i wasnt too fond of 5 though

amratis
02-07-2005, 08:43 PM
I dont know if we will but there damn well should be. Especially VI! That would be so great if 6 was re-done with today's technology. It would be fantastic.

DocFrance
02-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Who cares about Final Fantasy? Release Seiken Densetsu 3!

mythus
02-07-2005, 10:12 PM
I would love to see a release of FF6 with todays technology. When I first heard of the remake plans many ages ago, I thought that was their intent. Oh how mistaken I was.... oh well...

DJZen
02-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Who cares about Final Fantasy? Release Seiken Densetsu 3!

.....And Tom Sawyer!!!! :D

DocFrance
02-08-2005, 01:13 AM
.....And Tom Sawyer!!!! :D
Clearly the greatest Square game ever conceived.

Vaprice
02-08-2005, 03:03 AM
I've now beaten all of the games of FF except the gameboy ones and FFXI XD

but I would surely like to see those games remade, that would be quite and exciting time for all of us.

DJZen
02-08-2005, 05:32 AM
Not all of us want the games remade. Some of us feel that the games were great in their original form and don't need a remake, and that if there were a remake, it might detract from what made those games great in the first place. Dig?

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-08-2005, 06:27 AM
We shouldn't remake FFVI to spare the FFVII fanboy's reason for existing. I mean, think about it, if we remade FFVI with PS2 graphics, they'd all probably vaporize.

Come to think of it, that's not so bad an idea :D

Shoden
02-09-2005, 11:00 PM
in reality only 7 is being remade i heard a rumour bout 8 i re-read the article and it only announced it was 7 its in the official PS2 mag

The Man
02-09-2005, 11:08 PM
As usual, Kishi sums up my opinion of all things Final Fantasy quite nicely. However, I think it's highly unlikely that the games will be remade (although FFVI with FFX-quality graphics would be GODLY), and even less likely that they would be remade with improved translations, so I guess we just lose.

DJZen
02-10-2005, 02:25 AM
in reality only 7 is being remade i heard a rumour bout 8 i re-read the article and it only announced it was 7 its in the official PS2 mag

If this were the case, it woulda been all over EoFF by now. Square said they have no plans of remaking FFVII.

Del Murder
02-11-2005, 11:04 PM
I would certainly buy it. I'm not a big enough I or II fan to get every remake of those, but I can't help it when it comes to IV-VII.

Cylest
03-08-2005, 03:57 PM
I think they should just go ahead and revamp ALL the FFs (with the exceptions of X and up of course). And put them on the PS2. Granted...taking into consideration how long it would take to do this, the games wouldn't be released on the PS2 (since the PS3 comes out Fall of 2006 here in the U.S.) Unless of course Square devoted all their time to redoing the games and put all current projects to the side (which I don't see happening), so if they did do this, it most likely wouldn't be out until the PS3. I don't have Anthology (V and VI) or Chronicles (you know, with Chrono Trigger and IV), but I have all the others. So yeah, I think it would be a great idea if Square remade all the FFs from IX on down and put it on the current platform. I would buy them all.