PDA

View Full Version : Defender X, Defender Z... Defender?

m4tt
02-03-2005, 02:45 PM
This is just random. I was looking at my FFX strategy guide this morning while brushing my teeth and I noticed something. In the enemy section there are three different Defenders listed. Defender X (which you fight before Mt Gagazet), Defender Z (which are in Zanarkand and the Omega Ruins) and Defender. The third one I don't remember encountering anywhere in the game... Anyone know where this guy is?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Cavern of the Stolen Fayth.

lord shishio
02-03-2005, 10:48 PM
You sure? I don't remember that dude...I'll look him up in my guide.

m4tt
02-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Yeah I actually checked my guide when I got home last night, Defender is listed in the Calm lands section with all the other Cavern of the Stolen Faith fiends. Never seen him there though. :O

SeeDRankLou
02-04-2005, 06:09 PM
I believe that Defender is the machina that the Guado throw at you in that area right after you leave the Calm Lands but are still technically in the Calm Lands. The area where you can enter the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth. It's a boss fight, so you only encounter the one.

m4tt
02-04-2005, 06:25 PM
No, that is Defender X.

Ultimate99997
02-04-2005, 06:43 PM
defenders have exactly the same appearance as Defender X, if you are having trouble encoutering one - I found that they appeared more frequently in the last section of the cave where the teleporter is located - as well as encountering more defenders I also found this to be the only area where I could encouter tonberries as well.

SeeDRankLou
02-04-2005, 09:10 PM
No, that is Defender X.
I don't know why I thought "which is what you fight before Mt. Gagazet" meant the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth, I'm sure you just would have said that if you meant it, silly me. Yeah, what someone else said, they're right.

Shoden
02-05-2005, 08:58 PM
wouldnt it be Defender Y as in Defender X Y Z
u fight defender in the ometga ruins i think