PDA

View Full Version : Eyes on.... SaGa?

feioncastor
02-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Everyone here knows about Final Fantasy. That's just what this site is all about.

But did you all know that Squaresoft has another great series with almost as many entries as the Final Fantasy Series?

That's right, the SaGa series. There was the Romancing SaGas, which included works 1, 2, and 3, I believe. Then we see the SaGa Frontiers, 1 & 2 (SaGa Frontier is my fave of the series. Love that game). And the newest is Unlimited SaGa.

Many of these games are underrated. Clearly, they can't be too bad if Square is still making them after so many years. They came around only about 5 or 6 years after FF did, and they're all pretty good, except Unlimited SaGa, which isn't that good at all.

I'm curious if anyone else has played these games, and I'd like to know what others think of Square's other epic series.

Feion

DJZen
02-03-2005, 08:10 PM
You forgot the original SaGa series, which was released in America as Final Fantasy Legend I, II & III. I haven't played much of them (and I've played exactly none of the later ones) but the original series is very fun. The species tables get kind of intimidating though.

feioncastor
02-03-2005, 08:22 PM
You forgot the original SaGa series, which was released in America as Final Fantasy Legend I, II & III. I haven't played much of them (and I've played exactly none of the later ones) but the original series is very fun. The species tables get kind of intimidating though.
I did not know the Legend Serires was the original SaGa, but that makes sense now.

The Seiken Desentu series was called the Mana series here, but the first entry was called FF Adventure here.

Crazy.

But the later ones are great.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-03-2005, 10:53 PM
Romancing SaGa 3 is one of my favorite games. Seeing that little lightbulb appear over one of your characters' head as he spontaneously unleashes a new technique is one of the best feelings there is.

feioncastor
02-04-2005, 04:29 AM
Romancing SaGa 3 is one of my favorite games. Seeing that little lightbulb appear over one of your characters' head as he spontaneously unleashes a new technique is one of the best feelings there is.
You ever play SaGa Frontier? The way it happens there is 3 light bulbs appear and spin together to form one really bright light bulb. Yeah, I know the feeling. Especially if it's a move you've never heard of.

Feion

Lord Chainsaw
02-07-2005, 02:14 AM
It is great learning new moves. My favorite is the feeling you get when you finally learn the last of the four moves you need for the DSC (which in my case is always Sliding for some reason).

Then you can take four characters with DSC and one mage and kick the game's ass. I had so much fun schooling all of the final bosses over again in the post game with four fighters + Bleu combo.

I'd also like to point out that the SaGa series has incredible music. The Boss X battle music from SaGa Frontier can stand its ground right up there with the greats. Dreadful Battle from SaGa 2 and the Xagor Battle from SaGa 3 are good as well.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-07-2005, 05:31 AM
Romancing SaGa theme.

Del Murder
02-11-2005, 07:17 PM
I've played and really like the Legend games. Maybe I should check out the more recent installments sometime.

Captain Maxx Power
02-12-2005, 12:41 AM
Evidently back in the day Nintendo didn't think anyone outside of Japan would care about any other RPG with the exception of the FF series. Thing is, they're probably right...