PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Armor

tehSlippy
02-03-2005, 04:31 PM
I am currently finding, and upgrading, all of my character's celestial weapons. So, to stay in trend, I am also going to customize some ultimate armor for me.

A friend said that I can buy 4 empty slot armors from Wantz in Macalania Woods for 100,000 gil. First of all, is that true?

Also, I don't really know what abilities I should have. Character by character, that is.

I was thinking..

Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect
Auto-Potion
Auto-Phoenix Down

But, not *all* characters need that. (Auto-Phoenix down, to be precise.)

So, my question now becomes: What abilities should be on the ultimate armor, and should they be generic (ie. every character has the same armor), or do they depend on the character.

Keep in mind, I have everyone's celestial weapons (or, I am going to), so I don't really need 'break mp limit' because of the 'one mp cost' ability. Also, I *do not* use Kimahri, so I don't need an ultimate armor for him.

Thanks a lot.

Oh! Also, do I need to have both the crest and the sigil on Kimahri's spirit lance to allow Ixion to break the damage limit? I *just* beat the Chocobo Race (0.0 second one) and I don't feel like wasting another hour or two getting his Saturn Sigil, but I will if necessary.

alexholker
02-03-2005, 04:42 PM
The most important is Break HP Limit - otherwise there are attacks that will kill all characters immediately.

Other than that, I'd go for Ribbon, Auto-Haste and either Deathproof or Auto-Protect.

You only need the Celestial weapons, and probably the Crests, to break the damage limits for Aeons.

tehSlippy
02-03-2005, 04:50 PM
I have the north american version, thus no ribbon.

Credits to Masmune3 for this paragraph:

Break HP Limit is the most overrated ability in the game. More HP, something bad to it? No, not at first. However, when you start fighting, you will see that having more HP won't actually help you. Combined with Auto-Potion, 9999 HP is the best to have.

A list follows that paragraph with attacks that penetrate 9999 hp, and 'basics.' If you wish, I shall post it. The list was created by Theoden.

alexholker
02-03-2005, 05:18 PM
I found the list on another forum, but thanks for the offer.

I got it for Auron first, and since his Celestial weapon increases damage done when he is injured, I could keep him at over 9,999 HP and still take advantage of it. It meant I had an easier time killing Master Tonberries and Sleep Sprout quickly, earlier. It probably is a near-worthless ability, as you say, but I like it.

tehSlippy
02-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Okay, here goes. I won't bother with Kimahri's ultimate armor..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Auron, Yuna, Tidus, Wakka, Lulu

Auto-Haste
Auto-Protect
Auto-Potion
Auto-Phoenix
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ability: Auto-Haste

Cost: 80x Chocobo Wing
Method(s) of Retrieval:
Unlock Cactuar King for 99x
Bribe Machea (Omega Ruins - 360,000 gil) for ~60x

** See below for Cactuar King information
Ability: Auto-Protect

Cost: 70x Light Curtain
Method(s) of Retrieval:
Unlock Juggernaut for 99x
Defeat Fafnir for 20x (40x Overkill)

** See below for Juggernaut and Fafnir information
Ability: Auto-Potion

Cost: 4x Stamina Tablets
Method(s) of Retrieval:
Unlock One-Eye for 99x

** See below for One-Eye information
Ability: Auto-Phoenix

Cost: 20x Mega Phoenix
Method(s) of Retrieval:
Unlock Pteryx for 99x
Bribe Ghost (Sunken Cave - 200,000 gil) for 40x

** See below for Pteryx information

Rikku

Auto-Phoenix (covered)
Auto-Protect (covered)
Auto-Potion (covered)
Master Thief
Ability: Master Thief

Cost: 30x Pendulum
Method(s) of Retrieval:
Win Remiem Temple race with 4 chests and no poles for 30x

Monster: Cactuar King

HP: 100,000 (Overkill: 10,000)
AP: 8000 (Overkill: 8000)

Steal:
Chocobo Wing x2 (Common)
Designer's Wallet x1 (Rare)

Drop:
Blessed Gem x3 (Common) x6 (Overkill)
Dark Matter x1 (Rare) x2 (Overkill)

Conditions: Capture atleast one of each type of fiend in the Thunder Plains.
Aerouge
Buer
Melusine
Kusariqqu
Qactuar
Gold Element
Larva
Iron Giant

Prize for Unlocking: 99x Chocobo Wing

** You must pray at one of the Qactuar stones before Qactuar's appear in battle.
Monster: Juggernaut

HP: 1,200,000 (Overkill: 15,000)
AP: 8000 (Overkill: 8000)

Steal:
Lunar Curtain x4 (Common)
Shining Gem x1 (Rare)

Drop:
Strength Sphere x1 (Common) x2 (Overkill)
Dark Matter x1 (Rare) x2 (Overkilll)

Conditions: Capture atleast 5 of each monster from the horned species.
Dual Horn (Mi'ihen Highroad)
Valaha (Cavern of the Stolen Fayth)
Grendel (Gagazet Cavern, Zanarkand Ruins)

Prize for Unlocking: Light Curtain x99
Monster: Fafnir

HP: 1,100,000 (Overkill: 13,000)
AP: 13,000 (Overkill: 13,000)

Steal:
Gold Hourglass x2 (Common)
Stamina Spring x2 (Rare)

Drop:
Light Curtain x20 (Common) x40 (Overkill)

Conditions: Capture atleast 4 of each monster from the dragon species.
Vouivre (Mi'ihen Highroad)
Lamashtu (Mushroom Rock Road)
Kusariqqu (Thunder Plains)
Mushussu (Sanubia Desert)
Nidhogg (Cavern of the Stolen Fayth, Mt. Gagazet)

Prize for Unlocking: Purifying Salt x99
Monster: One-Eye

HP: 150,000 (Overkill: 15,000)
AP: 10,000 (Overkill: 10,000)

Steal:
Lunar Curtain x3 (Common)
Blessed Gem x1 (Rare)

Drop:
Magic Defense Sphere x1 (Common) x2 (Overkill)

Conditions: Capture atleast 4 of each monster from the eyeball species.
Floating Eye (Mi'ihen Highroad)
Buer (Thunder Plains)
Evil Eye (Macalania Snowfield)
Ahriman (Mt. Gagazet, Inside Sin)
Floating Death (Omega Ruins)

Prize for Unlocking: Stamina Tablet x60
Monster: Pteryx

HP: 100,000 (Overkill: 99,999)
AP: 10,000 (Overkill: 10,000)

Steal:
Smoke Bomb x4 (Common)
Candle of Life x1 (Rare)

Drop:
Evasion Sphere x1 (Common) x2 (Overkill)

Conditions: Capture atleast 4 of each monster from the bird species.
Condor (Besaid Island)
Simurgh (Djose Highroad)
Alcyone (Sanubia Desert)

Prize for Unlocking: Mega Phoenix x99
*Credits for various guides at GameFAQs.

Sorry for the long post, but I thought that perhaps others may use the same armor as me, so why not help them out.

rubah
02-04-2005, 12:48 AM
I'd say Auto Protect, Auto Haste, Def+20% (but only if it gets added onto your def stat in game and can go above 255. otherwise leave it out), and Deathproof.

I've never used break hp limit, and while I may be sorely missing that when it comes to fighting nemesis, I feel fine the way things lie now.

I don't have anyone with ultimate armors though. Yuna has one with auto haste, auron has one with autoprotect, and rikku wears whatever. it's just not quite very important (and not to mention a pain to customize)

DocFrance
02-04-2005, 03:02 AM
For fighting things with nasty status attacks like Marlboros, I'd suggest Berserkproof, Confuseproof, Sleepproof, and a fourth ability of choice (mine being Poisonproof). These three status effects will cause you to lose control of your characters, making healing a huge pain in the rear.

abrojtm
02-04-2005, 03:43 AM
Ribbon, Break HP Limit, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect, Auto-Phoenix, and Auto-Potion are the best in my opinion.