PDA

View Full Version : Chaos is hitting New York!

Chaos
02-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Yup, I'm going to be in New York from the 13th for a few days on an Art trip with my school.

We're going to have some free time every day for shopping and that, and I was wondering, could anyone recommend any cool places to go and shop? Preferably atchally IN the city so its in easy reach of a lost British tourist and her chums.

So yeah - what does a city like the Big Apple have to offer a gal' like me?

Chaos

escobert
02-03-2005, 11:02 PM
Hmm what part of the city will you be in? Manhatten? Queens? Bronx? Brooklyn? Staten island? NY is a big city :p

Citizen Bleys
02-03-2005, 11:04 PM
So yeah - what does a city like the Big Apple have to offer a gal' like me?
Chaos

Mostly R&R: Robbery & Rape.

Rye
02-03-2005, 11:04 PM
NYC is probably my favourite place in the world. It's beautiful and has so many sites and things for every hobby. They have art museums and everything. I :<3: NY. I hope you enjoy it. :) I'd recommend Time Square, and the stores near the Rockafeller skating rink.

BTW, NYC is not full of rape. Maybe the darker areas or like the Bronx but the heart of NYC is very nice.

Chaos
02-03-2005, 11:07 PM
I'm staying in some Hotel off Time Square.
From what I know I'm visiting Staten Island on the first day, then hitting the museams.
Think it's just around Manhatten-area. I really have no idea as to the Geography of New York.

Chaos

escobert
02-03-2005, 11:07 PM
Go to the QB :p

lord shishio
02-03-2005, 11:09 PM
I lived near N.Y. a year ago, and I've been there a few times. Just think of it as your state, only on steroids. (Though I now live in Las Vegas, so to me, they are only light steroids...)

Chaos
02-03-2005, 11:13 PM
I have no 'state' as I am from Britain, therefore I'm at a loss.
I think at some point I'm venturing into Harlem to go jazz-clubbing, although I'm not sure about that.
I'm definatly going to the Village Vangard jazz club on the 15th though. 70th anniversary bash, woo!

I'm gunna get SO lost there. Also, so freezing. I dislike the snow most times!

Chaos

Rye
02-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Staten Island really is boring and crappy. My aunt lives there. I'm biased towards Queens if you go outside Mahatten, but that's just because I lived there for most of my life. xD

Psychotic
02-03-2005, 11:15 PM
I have no 'state' as I am from Britain, therefore I'm at a loss.That would be the 51st state. Thanks, Tony!

Mindflare
02-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Another lost opportunity to meet an eoffer because I live somewhere nobody wants to be. ;_;

Have a nice time, though.

Yamaneko
02-03-2005, 11:21 PM
I'm on to you! :shifty:

Carnage
02-04-2005, 12:09 AM
go to the village. it dosent matter where you are in the city its so easy to get around.

SomethingBig
02-04-2005, 12:09 AM
One word: Pokemon Center (http://www.empirearcadia.com/eapictures/pokebuilding2.jpg).

The Captain
02-04-2005, 04:03 AM
Depending on your interests:

Live Music/ Jazz Clubs -

Lower East Side
Harlem
Mid Town

Live Shows -

Mid Town
Times Square
Washington Square

Shopping -

Soho
Times Square and Fifth Avenue
Madison Avenue District

Site Seeing -

Central Park
West Side Of Central Park (The Met, Guggenheim, and Natural Museum of History are located on this side)
Mid Town

These are sections of the city, but do not actually refer to specific locations. Find a tourist map and generally, they break NYC down into sections such as the ones above. Another good option is to do some research online and choose sites or places you'd like to visit and then either find directions or use the maps.

Enjoy your stay here! Sorry about the crummy weather.

Take care all.

Xander
02-04-2005, 12:10 PM
One word: Pokemon Center (http://www.empirearcadia.com/eapictures/pokebuilding2.jpg).

*cries* I want to go there ;__;

Have fun Chaos!

Chaos
02-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Pokemon center, eh? Sounds a laugh. Care to provide me with any specifics? :)

Less than 9 days and counting!!

Chaos