PDA

View Full Version : ffvii on computer

negareboshi
02-04-2005, 02:02 AM
my ps is kinda screwed up and i can't get a new one for a while... can anyone tell me how to set everything up so ffvii can be played on the computer? what do i need to have/install in order to play it?

Captain Maxx Power
02-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Emulation (http://www.zophar.net/) Find a suitable emulator for the PC (make sure the emulator you use has full compatibility for FF7).

Xander
02-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Or you could buy the PC version of FFVII. Maybe a little hard to find now though, I'm not sure...

negareboshi
02-05-2005, 05:21 AM
i found one that works and it played the game, audio and all ^^ thanks maxx power! i'm soo happy it works! i got back to the part i was cut off at before too :)
oh, btw, i used AdriPSX ILE. i tried ePSXe earlier, but it didn't quite work out for me. the first one did tho :)

Hawkeye
02-05-2005, 06:53 AM
I find all the plugs in and such rather quite confusing, and Im not too confident that i know completely what i am downloading, so i would use the PC version of FF7 if i were you.

You may need to get a port ps1 controller, but you can find those anywhere. You can use the keyboard, its just a little harder, and plus, I usually like to be away from the screen if I can, but thats just me

negareboshi
02-05-2005, 10:56 PM
i don't mind being up close. and i just downloaded that emulator and extracted the files from the zip folder, then opened the file and set my preferences and popped in the ff7 disc and started ^^ it works for me... its not confusing at all, not for me anyway. it runs a tiny, tiny, tiny bit slower, but that's just my damn computer. i really don't wanna have to go out and search for the pc version and i wouldn't want to spend $ on it >.< and the other stuff i have to get to get it work.