PDA

View Full Version : Pop-Up problem... maybe

PhoenixAsh
02-04-2005, 03:22 AM
Hey, I used to get messages come up ages ago, where they were in a grey box (like the ones where you have to click OK or Cancel), saying that the are a message from some girl with a webcam. I don't get them anymore, but my friend has started to and I can't remember how to fix the problem. I don't think it was a pop-up blocker that does it, and I don't know if these even count as pop-ups.

Anyway if anyone who knows what problem I'm talking about could help me out that'd be really great.

Baloki
02-04-2005, 04:35 AM
He has blaster worm, remove it (the Blaster Worm) and then install the patch. You also need to upgrade Windows Messenger as well.

Mindflare
02-04-2005, 04:41 AM
That's not the Blaster Worm. That's just the Windows Messenging service exploit. Run services.msc (Start >> Run >> (type:) services.msc) and set "Messenger" to "Disabled." It's merely an exploit of a windows service.

Baloki
02-04-2005, 11:12 AM
That's not the Blaster Worm. That's just the Windows Messenging service exploit. Run services.msc (Start >> Run >> (type:) services.msc) and set "Messenger" to "Disabled." It's merely an exploit of a windows service.

I mentioned both so as both problems would be fixed :p

PhoenixAsh
02-05-2005, 05:56 AM
Excellent, think that's sorted it, thanks for the help!