PDA

View Full Version : Xenosaga episode 1: edited scenes

Necronopticous
02-04-2005, 05:54 AM
I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Xenosaga Episode 2 now that I have my copy preordered and it's less than two weeks away. As is usual with how I get when a game I've been awaiting is about to come out, I am kind of going insane. I can't wait for the 16th and I have been indulging in watching the scenes from episode 1 to refresh myself on the whole story. I played my old savegame some tonight and had a lot of fun and then I realized I'd still never seen the original scenes that were edited to avoid the 'M' rating.

Curious, I went out onto the internet and starting looking around.... Nothing... Usually I can find anything on the internet that I need, be it music, media, game scenes, etc. After about an hour of scouring to no avail I have become frusterated and obsessed with getting these scenes, I am quite sure SOMEONE has ripped them from the original Japanese game, I actually don't see how it's possible that it hasn't been done somewhere. I've come to the conclusion that since the release was so long ago it's not really anywhere to be downloaded anymore.

So here is the thing, I really, really, really want to see these scenes. I'm sick of thinking how much cooler it would have been the original way and not really having seen it yet. If anyone has any idea on where I can grab these or if anyone has them by some crazy chance PLEASE let me know. If I really can't find these anywhere on the whole of the internet I think it's time to get my PS2 chipped so I can play FFX international and Xenosaga episode 1...

Well, let me know.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-04-2005, 06:48 AM
People who preorder Episode II get that five-hour Episode I recap DVD, and since it's basically a movie and not a game, it has no ESRB rating and therefore probably has the unedited scenes. Maybe not, though.

Behold the Void
02-04-2005, 07:06 AM
I don't think it does. I haven't watched it all yet, but it has all the scenes as I remember them, and they actually cut some of the scenes out, for example, the scene where Kos-Mos first meets up with the Elsa.

Necronopticous
02-04-2005, 07:19 AM
People who preorder Episode II get that five-hour Episode I recap DVD, and since it's basically a movie and not a game, it has no ESRB rating and therefore probably has the unedited scenes. Maybe not, though.I got the preorder DVD, Unfortunately, the scenes are still from the edited American release.

Doomgaze
02-04-2005, 08:42 AM
The first edited scene is creepier in the American version, in my opinion. I mean, he rips his head off with his bare hands. That's more impressive than a knife.

edczxcvbnm
02-04-2005, 01:33 PM
The first edited scene is creepier in the American version, in my opinion. I mean, he rips his head off with his bare hands. That's more impressive than a knife.

Thank you.

And as I said in the other thread, Japan got the same thing on their DVD. This version and not the original. Although this version is better since they fixed the sound problems.

Necronopticous
02-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Well, that's fine, I'm not interested in whether or not the original is "better" or not, I just want to see it so I can decide for myself.

edczxcvbnm
02-04-2005, 10:46 PM
I was talking strictly the editted version. In the original American release here were a few sound problems. Those have been fixed. I was not saying that this version is better(although I actually do think that).

MecaKane
02-04-2005, 11:10 PM
That whole thing with Momo and the key was creepy enough in the american version, I'm glad that was edited. Everything having to do with momo was creepy as hell, too. Maybe she'll get edited out of Episode II entirely, or at least give her pants.

-N-
02-05-2005, 12:49 AM
In Ep. I, doesn't Albedo feel up Momo in the Japan release?

Necronopticous
02-05-2005, 01:02 AM
He puts his hand inside of her chest and abdomen and feels around with a look of ecstasy on his face. He also cuts off his limbs with a knife rather than just ripping them off.

Wiegrahf42
02-22-2005, 04:05 AM
I do agree that Albedo tearing his own limbs off is even better then simply cutting them off. For me Albedo ranks up with Id for general messed-up ness. I like my villains good and insane. The whole bit with MOMO and the Kirschwassers was pretty screwed up right down to the Wagnerian opera music in the background. I'm not suprised they toned it down, though it's not like it was a severe plot loss.