PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about FFX-2 (MAYBE SPOILERS)

Flashback007
02-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Ok, now I got a few questions. I could ofcourse make all different topics. That it seems handier to put them in one topic. Oke, here they come:

1. How do you beat Shinra in the Sphere Break Tournament? It's more then 50 coins in less then 15 turns. I am not going to make that

2. How does the AP work? I have try to figure it out, but I can not tie it together.

3. Which abilities do confuse enemies? I know there are the Blue Bullet abilities White Wind and Mighty Guard. But now I missed Mighty Guard from Jaizhe (or how he's called) and I think Garik Ronso is the only one who has it after that. But I cannot confuse an enemy, how do I do that?

For so far these questions, I don't know if I have more, but I will then ask them here. By the way I just began in Chapter 3 (and I already have the Dark Knight Dress-sphere. Got it by luck)

alexholker
02-04-2005, 02:10 PM
2. Every time you kill an enemy, you get a certain number of AP (usually 1). You get extra for Oversoulled monsters though. In addition, the successful use of any ability except Attack gets you 1 AP too. For abilities like Mug, if you either steal an item OR you do damage, it gives you 1 AP.

3. The Lady Luck ability Tantalise does, and I think there is an accessory available in Chapter 5 that gives you Confusestrike, as well as a Garment Grid which lets you use Confuse. Bad Breath might too.

Emily52
02-04-2005, 04:41 PM
1. Keep getting echoes. I think when I beat him, I tried to use four coins in each round, and it worked.

m4tt
02-04-2005, 05:22 PM
2. Every time you kill an enemy, you get a certain number of AP (usually 1). You get extra for Oversoulled monsters though. In addition, the successful use of any ability except Attack gets you 1 AP too. For abilities like Mug, if you either steal an item OR you do damage, it gives you 1 AP.

To add on to that, you could just sit in a battle and use abilities over and over and get a ton of AP. White Mage is one of the easiest dress spheres to level once you get Pray. Just use that 5 times a battle and you get an easy 5AP.

SeeDRankLou
02-04-2005, 06:25 PM
1. More specifically, try to use 3 coins with every turn, and it doesn't always have to be with 2 border coins, it can be with just one. If he never throws a one at you, you can do it in I think eight turns, but you should be able to win even if he does throw a few ones at you. One time when I did this, he threw three 1s at me and I still won on the 15th turn using this method.

3. Paine's special dress sphere has an attack called Fright (it's available after you learn Assoil) which causes Confuse and Delay. So you can do this move and still have time to exit to normal mode so the girls can learn Mighty Guard.

Del Murder
02-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Doesn't Dark Knight use confuse?

Shinra isn't that bad if you know how to use echoes properly. Like Lou says, 3 coins is a good amount to stick with. I like the muiltiple echo over the coin count echo because it allows you to get around that tricky 1 sphere.

lulusgirl
02-06-2005, 10:35 PM
i've never noticed that dark knight uses confuse. is it equipped?

Mirage
02-06-2005, 11:24 PM
I am pretty sure it is an arcane magic spell.

lulusgirl
02-07-2005, 12:15 AM
oh