PDA

View Full Version : Souness Bashing.

Doc Sark
02-04-2005, 02:36 PM
What do you hate most about this plague on English Football?

If you hate him at all that is.

NM
02-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Should have made it a multiple choice poll. :p

Cz
02-04-2005, 05:04 PM
I don't really hate Souness, but this post was so hilarious that it would be criminal not to vote. :D

tomamar04
02-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Got nothing against the guy, he may be Scottish and arrogant, but he got rid of that twat Bellemy, and that deserves a round of applause.

Shoden
02-05-2005, 02:13 PM
hes an idiot watch Newcastle pummel into oblivion get the rat out and Bellamy back

Doc Sark
02-06-2005, 11:09 PM
I don't think Bellamy is any more of a twat than Souness. He's the type of player that needs to be handled in a certain way. See Mark Hughes for how to get the most out of a very talented player. I imagine his loan spell under Martin O'Neill will be very productive.

EDIT: Watching MOTD2 I should have added, "Used to sport a silly moustache to the list." Liverpool were moustachalicious in the eighties.

Cz
02-06-2005, 11:18 PM
You act fast, that feature ws only on a few minutes ago!

Psychotic
02-06-2005, 11:20 PM
I still wake up screaming when I remember Souness's days at Liverpool. Of course, I was very young, but still!

Doc Sark
02-07-2005, 09:45 AM
I happened to be watching MOTD2 at the same time as posting.

Poor Psy. I know what you mean, I was about 10 or 11 when Souness took over at Liverpool but the psychologists all agree that my fear of authoritative father figures stems from this traumatic event in my life.

gokufusionss1
02-07-2005, 12:32 PM
i was far too intrested in my army men at that age to understand the effect of souness, but the beatings my dad gave me due to frustration of souness soon gave me painful memories of the man.

Doc Sark
02-07-2005, 02:08 PM
I was often driven to psychopathic outbursts during Souness' Liverpool days. Seeing Ronnie Rosenthal being caught offside over 30 times in a UEFA Cup game against MyPa 47 was enough to raise Frosty the Snowmans blood pressure to boiling point.

edczxcvbnm
02-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Where is the "WHO?!?!?!" option on the poll?

Doc Sark
02-07-2005, 02:42 PM
Its hidden next to the "I don't know who Greame Souness is and am wasting my time posting in this thread" option. :D

edczxcvbnm
02-07-2005, 02:53 PM
But I still like to vote in polls :cry:

Doc Sark
02-07-2005, 02:54 PM
Vote that it's because he's Scottish. That's always a fairly good non-discriminating answer.

Shoden
02-07-2005, 04:05 PM
scots are dumb and this bitch makes a good piece of evidence.

Newcastle United went from 4th to 11th ever since souness came they on beat Yeading 2-0 and drew with Charlton. if Sheaperd is the man he says he is hell replace souness before Newcastle pummel into oblivion.

nothing was wrong with Sir Bobby Robson he kept the team in the top 5 hrough his career AND THEY NEVER went below 10th. if it was my decision Liverpool and Newcastle fans should unite and demand Souness to be sacked as no team deserves Souness.

Doc Sark
02-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Personally, as a Liverpool fan, I couldn't be happier seeing Souness wreck the hopes of a team that should be challenging for fourth. One less team to worry about for us. So in a bizarre twist of fate, yay for Greame Souness, wait a minute, what am I saying.

Seventh seal is broken. *dies*

Shoden
02-07-2005, 05:20 PM
the thing is all the way down to 11th is bad losing Bellamy bad bernard bad. if you think about it Newcastle are a pretty good team i think Shearer should retire and take over souness then wed be in the top 5 again maybe we'll get Bellamy back

Doc Sark
02-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Being pretty good isn't enough to get fourth anymore I'm afraid. You have to be very good, consistently for an entire season. Consistency and Newcastle are almost binary opposites whichever manager you look at.

Bringing Babayaro into the club has been a good move by old Greame, as has Boumsong, even if he was a tad over priced. Bernard is so average and will be easily replaced so don't worry about him. Thing with Shearer taking over is he doesn't have any coaching experience. It'd be a blind stab in the dark, great players don't always make great managers. See Greame Souness.

Shoden
02-07-2005, 05:42 PM
hmmmm Shearer has some exp he took charge during the time with no manager but Newcastle where doing average before souness 4th may not be easy but 5th and 6th are see Middlesbrough

Doc Sark
02-07-2005, 05:52 PM
The fact that boro have maintained a challenge for fourth spot all season despite a major injury crisis shows how hard they've worked and how well they're run. This may be a hard pill to swallow, but 'boro are the best side in the the Northeast by some way this season.

Taking over for a couple of games doesn't qualify you to manage a Premiership club in my view. You have to have experience of being a club manager, not just picking a team. I can't think of a single manager in the Premiership at the moment who has enjoyed league or cup success straight after being a player. It doesn't happen anymore. With the exception of Chris Coleman, but he had to learn something while he was recovering from his broken leg.

Shoden
02-07-2005, 06:01 PM
hmmmm the FA are waiting for Shearers final decision but it would be a shame to see him leave

Burtsplurt
02-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Graeme is doing a great job - please let him get on with it. Newcastle supporters are always moaning about not winning anything, but you have a much greater chance of winning the Coca Cola Championship than the Premiership. Graeme has obviously thought of this. Myself and other Middlesbrough supporters commend him. :)

Shoden
02-07-2005, 06:38 PM
wtf you on crack Souness is the worst thing yet to the club this is the lowest we've been in the league for a hell of a long time and Newcastle is a premierleague team if they got to the coca cola championship then itd be too easy they wont have any chance of europe and if souness gets Newcastle near the bottem sheaperd will have the sense to rid him

Doc Sark
02-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Note the satirical, ironic, almost sarcastic tone of Burtsplurts post, Shoden.

It was bloody funny though. It worked for him at Blackburn right, who says he shouldn't win the Championship again. Maybe he wants to break some kind of record.

NM
02-07-2005, 07:00 PM
losing Bellamy bad bernard bad.

But, you got Amdy Faye!! What more do you want. :rolleyes2 :p

Doc Sark
02-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Hahaha.

I forgot about him. Now that's good football management. Could've been worse. *looks at David O'Leary*....Djemba Djemba.

Shoden
02-07-2005, 07:19 PM
man Division 1 here we come say goodbye to the premierleague and Europe