PDA

View Full Version : Magic Wielders

Gunblades
02-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Whos the best looking, most powerful, best designed, dressed, coolest, hottest Practitioner of Magic :D

louby_4eva
02-04-2005, 09:28 PM
I'd have to say LuLu, I love her dress thing and she has the same name as me. (well LuLu's a nickname but still.....)

ShivaBlizzard8
02-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Rydia of Mist. Get her up there. :p

Trumpet Thief
02-04-2005, 09:51 PM
chaos: From the list, Vivi. Although, tons come to mind that you missed.

m4tt
02-04-2005, 10:47 PM
Terra, obviously.

Flamethrower
02-04-2005, 11:03 PM
Best looking magic user in my mind has always been the original Black Mage from FFI. To this day, I still love the design, as simple as it is. From the listed choices, I'll go with Vivi, since he resembles the FFI Black Mage.

Apollo
02-05-2005, 02:48 AM

I totally agree.Rydia is the best.

Ultima Shadow
02-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Agreed!!! :love:

Alexander
02-05-2005, 02:20 PM

DocFrance
02-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Strago Magus! *goes off to grumble about new-skoolers*

And to be totally fair, Aeris, Yuna, Lulu, and Rinoa are just as much magic users as everyone else in their games are.

Martyr
02-06-2005, 06:15 AM
Rydia, you dork.

TheAbominatrix
02-06-2005, 06:18 AM
Terra.

There really were Final Fantasy games before VII. No really. There were. I swear.

Quina
02-06-2005, 07:16 AM
I'm protesting this poll due to the lack of blue mages.

Mirage
02-06-2005, 07:28 AM
That, and where are all the pre-playstation characters?
That being said, I voted for Edea. She wins.

Gunblades
02-06-2005, 10:32 AM
it's funny how some of you assume im new to FF or i forgot, in fact youll notice i delibertly didnt put any pre-7 characters in. I have played some of the pre-7 games, and i dont like them, they aint my cup of tea, not my type of thing. I know it's a crime to say so :)

Mirage
02-06-2005, 10:57 AM
Sure whatever. That's besides the point. When you make a poll you shouldn't just leave out the parts you don't like.

Gunblades
02-06-2005, 11:04 AM
FF7 is a good place to stop one generation and begin another, like chapter one and chapter two, frankly when someones starting their poll they can put which ever characters they want in it, why not start your own poll covering the original FF Mages and then we can do a poll pitting the winner of this one against the winner of yours.

i didnt include the weilder of the Magun from FF-Unlimited, but so what. In fact this site doesnt have anything set aside for FF-Unlimited does it?

Martyr
02-06-2005, 04:37 PM
FF7 is a good place to stop one generation and begin another, like chapter one and chapter two, frankly when someones starting their poll they can put which ever characters they want in it, why not start your own poll covering the original FF Mages and then we can do a poll pitting the winner of this one against the winner of yours.

i didnt include the weilder of the Magun from FF-Unlimited, but so what. In fact this site doesnt have anything set aside for FF-Unlimited does it?

It's a good way to start a civil war.

I think that's bad, but I'm not sure. I think that abolishing slavery was super new-age and liberal stuff, and we all think that it was the right thing to do now. So we who think that Rydia is really great could be primitive minded and generally wrong.
But I'll fight for my inferior beliefs until you hurl my ragged corpse before the gates of Hell!

boris no no
02-06-2005, 05:11 PM
i think that terra is but seen as shes not there i voted for lulu purely on the fact that she MUST use powerful magic to keep that bust aloft!
:love:

RedCydranth
02-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I'm not voting until I see Terra, Celes, Rydia, Tellah and Palom/Porom up there.

Your first post reads

Whos the best looking, most powerful, best designed, dressed, coolest, hottest Practitioner of Magic :D

NOWHERE DOES IT SAY FF7 THRU FFX. If it were in the title or first post, we wouldn't be protesting.

ShivaBlizzard8
02-06-2005, 06:28 PM

Well, of course its your poll, but its kinda pointless to make a poll and only put certain things on it. For instance, if I was making a poll for "best store in my mall" and only put stores I personally liked on it, I wouldn't really get an answer to the question of most popular store. I'd just get a biased answer based on a narrow version of choices.

That said, although I enjoy both FF "chapters" as you say, it isn't, technically, a crime to only be a fan of only the PSX games, so perhaps its just a matter of titling this thread, "Hottest Magic User FF7- present."

But then, you've still ignored the fact that Quina, Eiko, Yuffie, Tifa, Quistis, Selphie, and Rikku aren't up there either, and they all used magic. Hey, some people could potentially find Quina hot. ;)

Quina
02-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Some people sure could!

rubah
02-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Rinoa, on the grounds that her physical attacks can be absolutely brutal:D

the best mages can slaughter enemies without magic.

Gunblades
02-07-2005, 03:58 PM
lol, people take things too seriously

Martyr - Im not dissing pre-playstation FF's, i simply said i personally dont like them even tho they had some good characters and i give them all credit for giving me the chance to play the FF's i love today. In transformers theres clear markings to define the boundries between shows/serise which ultimatly encompass differnt generations of fans. thats no differnt from saying the pre-playstation games are "old school". I dont see why its a problem.

RedCydranth - thats just going over the top, if you want to make your threads that specific then you do so, if thats what you like.

ShivaBlizzard8 - your right i should have included Quina and Eiko, that was an oversight. However as to tifa etc, i chose the characters who were most attached to magic via the game story. Aeris is clearly more magic orientated than Tifa or barret, perhaps this was defined in her white materia or her otherworldly nature. I also didnt include any villians (edea was and came back to being a goody).

Polls are often by their nature narrow and simplified, often with yes or no answears. You can garentee someone will protest because they want to vote for Both or Neither, and it's nothing new on FF for people to complain about someone or something being missed out. Personally i thought it was obvious from the options in the Poll that i meant 7 onwards, and it only takes a moment to open, read, and decide if a person is interested in partaking or not. This is just a hobby, a bit fo fun. It isnt serious, lives dont hang in the balance so why dont we all just smile and enjoy ourselves.

Flashback007
02-08-2005, 09:56 AM
I was always a fan of Rinoa. So, yeah I vote for her again.

Roogle
02-08-2005, 12:05 PM
I like Rydia.

Gunblades
02-08-2005, 07:51 PM
im surprized that no ones voted for Yuna when she always seems to be defended, maybe X2 slanderd her name lol

Shoden
02-08-2005, 09:02 PM
i like Aeris better she wasnt annoying plus she was great her limit breaks where usefull but she had to die and let Tifa hog Cloud even though im in a jam in deciding between Aeris and Yuna XD it should have been multi choice. Blue mgic was the same as enemy skill which was better as anyone could be equipped with it plsu theres only two blue mages i know of at the min Quina and Quistis notice the QU maybe they have a connec---- wait a min what the frig am i thinking pre middle ages and future wow bad mix and they dont look alike at all man ims crewed again *falls over rolling on floor in a trance making noises "eh eh ehhhhhh"* X2 made chars look hotter but i didnt like the game except from the girls heh heh

rubah
02-09-2005, 12:03 AM
She's just not really all that hot.

I mean, she really needs to do something with her hair.

Of course she did in x-2, and I thought it was cute, but since most people that would think so as well didn't play x-2 long enough to see, they can't vote for her.

Makes lots of sense.

Gunblades
02-09-2005, 04:07 PM
i dont think shes sexy in either, and i liked X2 lol

Del Murder
02-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Terra is the best one (not included).

Gunblades
02-12-2005, 10:45 AM
for all this moaning that pre-sevens werent included, no ones gone to the bother of making a thread for pre-sevens:)

Snap Jumper
02-13-2005, 04:40 AM
I would have picked Terra, but she wasn't listed. Where's Terra? :confused: Oh, well, I'll pick Rinoa from this list.

JseanjohnC
02-13-2005, 05:16 AM
LULU...hey gunblades i am TOTALLY on ur side! my polls are sumtimes from only 7-x2 cuz i like NEW!

Luc
02-13-2005, 05:25 AM
I have to agree with a lot of the people here, and say Terra.

Gunblades
02-13-2005, 10:32 AM
glad to hear it JseanjohnC, i really dont see what the problem is, it's just oppinion.

Terra was pre-playstation, despite some of the early FF's being rereleased on the PS, hence she isnt in this.

it seems Lulu's the most popular girl, im surprised, but i liked her lots as well

Apollo
02-17-2005, 12:30 AM
for all this moaning that pre-sevens werent included, no ones gone to the bother of making a thread for pre-sevens:)
Accually I just did recently did make a poll for I-VI magic users.

Gunblades
02-17-2005, 03:23 PM
yes but when i said that, no one had done :)

BudSoda02
02-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Rinoa, but only if she can have her Socceress abilities. (Her Limit breaks at the end of the game.) Otherwise I'd pick Dagger. (Princess Garnet.)
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Gunblades
02-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Why did you leave your email address?