PDA

View Full Version : The hardest fiend, or monster for that matter...

Black Chocobo
02-04-2005, 08:29 PM
The hardest fiend, or monster for that matter has to be Omega..

I vaguely remember where you deal with him at, but I believe it has to do with caves of some sort.

Oh yeah! My memory saves me...

He is the boss of Dungeon Zero: Omega

While I think he is the hardest battle, he may fall right behind Shinryuu- but still this is a hard battle.
You might need for your characters to be above level 65. This battle may take a few tries also..

Shinryuu can be easier than Omega, but you have to invest a lot of money in order to buy Coral rings to evade his initial Tidal Wave attack......

Can anyone else recommend any harder battles than this, in this game?

Ultima Shadow
02-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Ummm... nope. Omega is the hardest battle, so there's no harder battle I can recomend in this game, sorry.
However... you can try to beat Omega with less powerfull classes to make the battle even harder if you want. :cool:

Del Murder
02-05-2005, 06:47 PM
I should restart this game and try to take on Omega.

eestlinc
02-05-2005, 09:26 PM
I, the self-appointed ff5 mouthpiece, should also actually attempt to beat these guys.

ShivaBlizzard8
02-06-2005, 05:27 AM
Ugh - Omega. I remember him - I thought I was all tough and then he took out my entire party before I even had a chance to attack. Stupid Omega.

Martyr
02-06-2005, 05:58 AM
I fought Omega 3 times. Then I realised that I didn't have to.

So I broke the pattern, beat the game without unlocking the secret of discovering whatever happens if Omega dies, and I've never looked back with an ounce of regret.

I've looked back with a tablespoon of regret.

But that doesn't matter much.

chr0nix
02-06-2005, 09:37 AM
What do you do when you get to that point in the game? He totally wipes me out an im at levels 62. If you can just avoid him, where do you go from there?

Braindead_Paul
02-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Just don't run into him! Wait for an opportunity to pass by.

But at level 62 you should be able to beat Omega...

ShivaBlizzard8
02-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Oh, its not hard to avoid him if you time it right - he's considered an optional battle. I never deffeated him but I beat the game. You just equip the Thief's Dash! ability, and when he's not looking run like hell.

You don't really get anything for beating him other than ups from your fellow FF5 gamers.

Black Chocobo
02-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Yeah, he just prances about on that ledge......I hated that, I saved before you got to "area" that he was in...I'm glad I did of course....B/c he wiped me out the first time.

Here is the strategy that I used.....:

First of all, Omega is weak against lightning attacks. A very good
way of beating him is to make three characters Mahoukenshis.
Also, have one character that can heal the party. Having double
cast is also a really big asset. It is really preferred if you have at least
one master Mahoukenshi, because then you'll be able to cast the most
powerful lightning spell on your sword. It's also a really good idea to
give two swords to each of your Mahoukenshi. After you have made
all of your Mahoukenshis (or Suppins, anyone that can use sword
mahou), have them cast the most powerful lightning spell that they have
on themselves (or each other). After you do this, just attack him
very quickly, and if you are consistent on this strategy, he should
go down quickly. Make sure to have your healer constantly casting
Cure 3 on your party, and having double cast ability is even better,
because you will get twice the HP restored.

frunk
02-07-2005, 08:33 PM
SKULL EATER
oh sure once you figure out the tirck the little bastards drop like flies, but when you first encounter them its like this:
====
Player: Oh, its a grey nut eater. big deal, probably just a bit harder. *scan* HA! 1HP?!?! your going down! *attack for 0 damage* huh?"
*Skull Eater kills Bartz good and dead in one hit*
Player: WTF!!! oh so thats how it is...DIE! *Fire3! 0 damage*
*FIVE MORE SKULL EATERS APPEAR*
Player: well http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gif in a bag and punch it... *runs**dies*
====

rubah
02-08-2005, 01:02 AM
Heh. Luckily they run away. And later when you have the ninja, you can throw them to death.

*has extracted much vengence in this way*

Quina
02-08-2005, 03:54 AM
Is Omega the robot thing? If so I can't beat it.

Black Chocobo
02-08-2005, 05:52 AM
Yeah, it is!

chr0nix
02-09-2005, 07:53 AM
If you don't want to fight him, where do you go from there in the game?

Braindead_Paul
02-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Your question has already been answered:

Just don't run into him! Wait for an opportunity to pass by.

But at level 62 you should be able to beat Omega...

Oh, its not hard to avoid him if you time it right - he's considered an optional battle. I never deffeated him but I beat the game. You just equip the Thief's Dash! ability, and when he's not looking run like hell.

You don't really get anything for beating him other than ups from your fellow FF5 gamers.

Rudster
02-11-2005, 12:30 AM
The hardest monster is definitely Omega. If you have coral rings, you can just beat Shinryu in a semi-conventional manner, as long as you kinda know what you're doing. Omega takes a lot more strategy to take down, as well as preparing. It took me several tries, but I finally managed to take him down just now. Then I continued and beat the game. It was fun ^^

Masamune·1600
02-25-2005, 09:36 PM
Omega is a superboss, in the same vein as Shinryuu (also FFV), Emerald and Ruby Weapons (FFVII), etc. Basically, that means Omega is an optional challenge for those who think they have really mastered the game. In my opinion, Omega is much harder than Shinryuu, but Bolt3 Sword and Sshot will take care of him in a few turns. Your reward for beating this menace is the Omega Badge, which has no effect (other than to show that you managed to take him down).

Wolfmeister
02-26-2005, 04:11 AM
for me, Omega still behind Shinryuu....

With the rightest combination of abilities and weapons, you only need a single fighter (which is main hero) at level 37-40 plus a few minutes to beat Omega.

Spuuky
02-27-2005, 01:09 PM
Omega is an easy win if you know what you're doing. The only decent strategy against Shinryuu is Jumping, which is boring. I wonder if my Omega/Shinryuu thread from years ago is still here. I crushed them both handily.

KuRt
03-22-2005, 07:59 PM
I´ll try to beat omega and shinryuu while i´m doing the Ultima Shadow´s challenge of this game:radred:

Ultima Shadow
03-22-2005, 08:08 PM
I´ll try to beat omega and shinryuu while i´m doing the Ultima Shadow´s challenge of this game:radred:
Yes, that will be tough. :) I can hardly wait until I get there! :excited: :hyper: :excited: :hyper: :excited: :hyper: :excited:

The jumping won't work any good on Shinryuu either... Shinryuu might actually be much harder than Omega.