PDA

View Full Version : Will KH2 be the last game of the series?

/Ifrit/
02-05-2005, 12:28 AM
I was just wondering, do you think that KH2 will be the end for this series? Will they keep making a bunch of games just like the Final Fantasy series. What is your oppinion on this?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-05-2005, 11:34 AM
The Disney guys have said in the past that they want Kingdom Hearts to become a big expansive franchise, so I'd be really surprised if it all ended with KH2.

Destai
02-05-2005, 01:46 PM
One of Squares staff (Tetsuya or someone) said KH would have a definite ending and he could see it clearly in his head. He said KH was only one long story and would only take up a couple of games and wouldnt go any further. Wether KH2 will be the last I dont know but I doubt it will move past 3.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Well, Disney owns all the non-FF characters, so they could keep on making games even without Square's help.

Destai
02-05-2005, 02:53 PM
They need square. Im pretty sure square are the ones who made the systems used in the games. Its certainly better than any other systems Disney interactive has ever churned out by itself. Doenst Square have some rights to Sora, Kairi, Riku etc? And Disney certainly doesnt have the skills to make an RPG story and KH would suffer a large blow if a % of the FF fans were removed.

Lucky Charms
02-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Closest thing Disney could get to a really good game without Square is well,, I don't even know really. LOL.

Knowing Disney, they'll try to keep it running because it's really successful. It's all about the Benjamins baby to them. Square on the other hand, might think otherwise. Japan really loves Disney though so I have mixed feelings with how far they can take this. Although Disney makes so much out of it the game is Square's programming so Square has the upper hand. If Square chooses to stop Kingdom Hearts by 2 or 3, I could still see them making another story for Disney only if they really feel like it.

Ryth
02-05-2005, 05:31 PM
I doubt it in an interview one of the guys said that they want KH to be one of their main "pillars" of game along with FF and Dragon Warrior. So I bet there'll be many more to come.

Destai
02-05-2005, 05:51 PM
They already know how its gonna end. Think about it. They're not just gonna replace heartless with dinosaurs.

Carnage
02-05-2005, 06:18 PM
well i dont hitnk KH will become a huge franchise. one of teh reasons is because it would get very repetative. all teh FF's have been diffrent thus insuring there survival

agrudis
02-05-2005, 07:03 PM
i dont like what mosta u said bout disney! i live for disney! and i would really like to see even KH10 by 2015! and anyway, are they making more ffs? cos if they are, theyll have more new characters for KH!

plus, disney studios ae always making new movies, and theres tons of their existing ones they havent put in KH! so theres still tons more ff and disney characters, and any utha games they might've made! i really wanna see this game go far! i cud then set myself a time limit to complete all the games from KH-KH10 :D!

Lucky Charms
02-05-2005, 09:26 PM
i dont like what mosta u said bout disney! i live for disney! and i would really like to see even KH10 by 2015! and anyway, are they making more ffs? cos if they are, theyll have more new characters for KH!

plus, disney studios ae always making new movies, and theres tons of their existing ones they havent put in KH! so theres still tons more ff and disney characters, and any utha games they might've made! i really wanna see this game go far! i cud then set myself a time limit to complete all the games from KH-KH10 :D!

Disney rips. They're not as ingenuitive as they used to be when the 9 old men (the most creative and elite animators of this time) were around. Why do you think they went to Square to make a game. It's like going to Pixar for a 3D movie. Heh, Disney's economic situation isn't as outrageously profitable as it used to be.. IMO, they should be kissing arse to Square for letting them be noticed in the video game industry.

agrudis
02-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Edit by Kishi: Make another post like this, and you'll be banned.

[I]

Destai
02-05-2005, 09:34 PM
Mickey mouse would be proud....

Everything that comes out of Disney interactive is roughly the exact same platformer over and over again. They make a profit on them from the younger audience wanting to take the magic home who cant tell the differenceand the hardcore fans. There movies in general are truly impressive though

Heartless Shadow
03-02-2005, 09:04 PM
i want there to be a kingdom hearts 3 but without square-enix kingdom hearts would not be as fun as they are the ones who created sora and the others.Also kingdom hearts with no final fantasy characters? no way!

Xander
03-03-2005, 10:57 AM
I can just see KH becoming a really long series like FF. I kinda want it to because I wanna see Sora get older and stuff, then again KH was brilliant, and I'm sure KHII will be brilliant but I wouldn't want the others to be a let down after those, I guess. I don't know. Either way it'll be a long time till I see them here, since now CoM's release date is May, and it'll probably be delayed even more, and KHII, who knows when that'll be out here. ;_;

KuRt
03-03-2005, 11:23 AM
i want there to be a kingdom hearts 3 but without square-enix kingdom hearts would not be as fun as they are the ones who created sora and the others.Also kingdom hearts with no final fantasy characters? no way!

Yup! think about you playing winnie the ppoh that uses a stick as a weapon, your companions are pluto and gyro, you are in love with daisy and your best friend but later your enemy wud be koda the bear possessed by Cruella deVil...

Jack - Blademaster
03-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Hey, folks!There is gonna be more adventures for Sora and company.That's what Square-Enix say in their interview.True-true.

Destai
03-28-2005, 01:06 AM
I think there will be four as I think the crossroad Sora stands on in COM leads to the four different worlds (or dimensions might be a better description) One being the world where he came from and the one in the opposite direction CoM storyline has suggested will be where KH2 will take place.

Chibi Youkai
03-28-2005, 05:02 PM
I'd kinda like it to ba a long series, but it's just not practical. There can only be so many leaders of the heartless, or organization members, or anything like that. I have a horrible feeling it would end up being the same thing over and over, with just minor plot changes.

K-chan
03-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Or, god forbid, they pull a FFX-2 on us and make a fanservice for KH. That'd be scary. 0_o

Chibi Youkai
03-28-2005, 08:36 PM
It would be you to say something like that.

K-chan
03-29-2005, 06:34 PM
Of course! :p

EDIT: C'mon CY! I know secretly you wanna have the dress up option for Riku and Sora! ;) *kidding*

Chibi Youkai
03-30-2005, 09:02 PM
Oh yeah, let's see Riku in a purple school uniform. And Sora in those tiny short shorts.

K-chan
04-01-2005, 04:47 PM
*Dies laughing* Thank you for making my day! ;)