PDA

View Full Version : Rage Against The Machine

The Shoeless Hobo
02-05-2005, 05:09 AM
The PSP, for European Gamers, will be delayed. It will no longer be March 24 (as specualted). Rumours have it, that It will be available on April 15.

The good news, for American and Canadian Gamers, is that the PSP will be released on March 24. Instead of having a choice of the Value and Standard Pack, you will only be able to purchase a Value Pack (Re-named Luxe Pack for american release). The price will be $249. It will contain a 32MB MemoryStick Duo, Headset with remote control, A soft protection case, A cleaning cloth and a Demo disc. Spider Man 2 will come free with the first million PSP's on UMD as a movie, not a game.

...I sure hope Sony has something special for us European Gamers for having delayed the release date. Oh, would anyone mind importing one for me on March 24 for the RRP? :p

Camanche
02-05-2005, 05:50 AM
Wow, that's not terribly bad considering what I've heard the little thing is capable of. I heard it has a poor memory capacity though (considering it can play movies) for what it does. Is this true, or did they change anything?

If they have worth while stuff come out on it I *might* consider purchasing one. Thanks for the info.

The Shoeless Hobo
02-05-2005, 06:10 AM
I heard it has a poor memory capacity though (considering it can play movies) for what it does

Bad Capacity? Pfft. The UMD is capable of holding up to 1.8gb of memory (read only). While the DS's cartridges can only hold 128mb (I believe). Aswell as the 1.8gb UMDs, you can also add memory stick duo/pro duos to it (128mb to 4gb).

Anyway, if you're unsure, look at this review: Here. (http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000510024287)

Camanche
02-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Well, I kinda thought this because I heard Advent Children was cut shorter in terms of movie length because they wanted to be able to fit it on the PSP. But then again, that could just mean they are leaving out special features that are on DVD's normally.

The Shoeless Hobo
02-07-2005, 07:48 AM
Now that I think of it, I'm not going to wait for the PSP to be released. Instead, I shall be getting a DS when it comes out and a PSP on my birthday (2 months after launch).

Sepho
02-07-2005, 12:44 PM
I suppose I may have a bias towards the quality and dependability of Nintendo handhelds, but I was never too interested in the PSP. It just doesn't seem too innovative in the scope of a gaming machine (and I don't care what it can do besides play games), in comparison to the DS. But then again, it's not likely that many developers will utilize the capabilities of the DS, given that innovation isn't mass marketable to the general consumer republic, which is too bd.

Personal opinions aside, I just wanted to point out that the PSP is already being critisized for the hardware malfunctions that Sony is famous for with their consoles:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/24/news_6116985.html

edczxcvbnm
02-07-2005, 02:01 PM
I would buy a PSP if they took out the bundle and cut the UMD movie feature and MP3 Playback and a whole lot of other crap you don't need and sold it for $150 or $100.

No way I am paying $250 for a poorly manufactured piece of hardware. Not to mention the $50 price tag of games.

Camanche
02-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Offering additional testimony praising the handheld, Kutaragi said, "I believe we made the most beautiful thing in the world. Nobody would criticize a renowned architect's blueprint that the position of a gate is wrong. It's the same as that."

WHAT? Sure, I wouldn't complain where the gate was, as long as it was still USEABLE. If they put the gate where it only opens a quarter of the way you're damn right I'd complain. No matter HOW damn nice the building looks. That is just unpractical.

The Shoeless Hobo
02-08-2005, 06:11 AM
I've never had anything wrong with my PlayStation products before. But this is different. I'll have to deal with it. But apparently, the button stops getting stuck after a week or two.

But there is a problem I have with the DS. The fact about interactivity with it. I mean, you have to blow into it at times. Yes, I know this is new and all. But who will be doing this while walking home from school or while sitting on a bus? You'll look like a moron or an obsessed DS freak who must keep it clean at all costs. My other view is the touch screen, it sure is going to be difficult playing on it while walking home. I'd much prefer a PSP to play while walking home as you just mash buttons, and don't have to sit down to concentrate and play.

EDIT: Also, why do I need to write messages (PictoChat) to people that are at the most, thirty feet away? Why not just talk to them...