PDA

View Full Version : My Trip to the Philippines (roots).

Chris
02-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Hi everybody, by avoiding making this a "I'm Back" thread I'll make this one about "roots" in general.
Well, first I would like to share my trip to my homeland for the first time in ten years.
Well, I'm half Philippine but I don't live there, I used to travel almost every year with my mom and dad to visit my moms family there... but as I got older school became more important to keep up with.
So ten years went by without visiting the Philippines... but this January I finally went back to my roots.
We departed early January and we returned just yesterday... what a trip it has been.
I won't share all the details without... but let me just say that I'm glad that I reached out for my roots once again.

So my question is:
What's your origin?
How long has it been since you last visited your homeland?

I'm back :D

Trumpet Thief
02-05-2005, 05:09 PM
chaos: Good to see you Chris :D

-N-
02-05-2005, 08:58 PM
India, 4 years since I've been there. Going this coming winter. Always an experience.

TheAbominatrix
02-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Native American (Blackfoot) and German. I've never visited either of my homelands. The Blackfoot tribe is now centered in Montana on a reservation, and I live in California. And Germany is waaaaay too far.

Lucky Charms
02-05-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm from the Philippines. But I'm not a direct native. Basically my dad's Chinese-Filipino and my mom is Japanese-Filipino.

Last time I was in the Philippines was two years ago. I went back to the Philippines for high school. It was a rather culturally refreshing experience. I had the time of my life.

krissy
02-05-2005, 09:35 PM
i was in Poland about 3 years ago.

eestlinc
02-05-2005, 09:42 PM
I went to Miami for Thanksgiving.

gokufusionss1
02-05-2005, 09:49 PM
England
about 0 seconds

Casey
02-06-2005, 02:24 AM
Glad you came back in one piece. Im half filipino, and scottish/chickasaw indian. Born in Yokuska,Japan (usa navy base). Never considered it my homeland or anything, since Ive lived in the USA since 3. I heard its really dangerous to travel over there though, because of Abu-Sayiff killing American citizens and all. >_>