PDA

View Full Version : favorite fighting game character (man i hope no one did this topic before)

crashNUMBERS
02-05-2005, 06:12 PM
there are many fighting games outthere and i would like to know your favorite fighting game character(s)

mine iare jin from tekken
rock & terry from kof
& ken from street fighter

Shoden
02-05-2005, 06:14 PM
soz mate the topic already exists

crashNUMBERS
02-05-2005, 06:18 PM
DAMNIT!!! :mad2: :mad2:

Erdrick Holmes
02-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Rock Howard
Kyo Kusanagi
Ken Masters
Ryu Hoshi
Johnny Standi

(If you know what games at least four of these characters appear in you're immedialty not a dweeb)

NM
02-06-2005, 12:20 AM
Kyo Kusanagi
Ken Masters
Ryu Hoshi
Johnny Standi

(If you know what games at least four of these characters appear in you're immedialty not a dweeb)

Might as well answer, just for a laugh.

Rock Howard - Fatal Fury
Kyo Kusanagi - King Of Fighters
Ken Masters - Street Fighter
Ryu Hoshi - King Of Fighters
Johnny Standi - Guilty Gear

I think there all correct. :D

My favourite's would be the following.

From Street Fighter - Ken, Guile and Fei Long
KoF - Kyo, Kim and Mai

EDIT. Ignore the Ryu answer. I read it as Ryo thinking it was the guy from KoF. Who was the insperation for Dan in the Alpha series. Just to throw in abit of trivia. :p

Lionx
02-06-2005, 12:41 AM
I heard Ryu doesnt really have a last name as the name Hoshi only appeared on the movie and therefore not cannon.

Hibiki
Iori Yagami
Cham Cham
Galford
Ryu

strawberryman
02-06-2005, 04:10 AM
I only have one. NIGHTMARE! (Soul Calibur I & II)
I'm the best with him! THE BEST! :D
http://www.xbox.com/media/games/soulcalibur2/sim-soulcalibur2-0004.jpg

Martyr
02-06-2005, 06:20 AM
Ken, and I love playing that Skeleton Dude from Killer Instinct (What was that game called again? It had a bunch ofstereotypical characters? Fire-Man, Ice-Man, Black Boxer Dude, Orchid Plant Chick....)

And Sonya kicks ass. (MK)

Lionx
02-06-2005, 06:25 AM
Yea its Killer Instinct, its Cinder, Glacius, mystery balrog ripoff, and orchid

NM
02-06-2005, 12:03 PM
The Skeleton character was called Spinal. The boxer was called Combo if I remember correctly.

Dreddz
02-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Jin from Tekken
Voldo from Soul Caliber 1+2
Vega from Street Fighter
Batsu from Rival Schools

Anyone remember rival schools That is the best fighter ever ill kill anyone at it should of made lots more additions

Psychotic
02-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Hwoarang - Tekken.

crashNUMBERS
02-07-2005, 02:02 AM
Might as well answer, just for a laugh.

Rock Howard - Fatal Fury
Kyo Kusanagi - King Of Fighters
Ken Masters - Street Fighter
Ryu Hoshi - King Of Fighters
Johnny Standi - Guilty Gear

I think there all correct. :D

My favourite's would be the following.

From Street Fighter - Ken, Guile and Fei Long
KoF - Kyo, Kim and Mai

EDIT. Ignore the Ryu answer. I read it as Ryo thinking it was the guy from KoF. Who was the insperation for Dan in the Alpha series. Just to throw in abit of trivia. :p

youve been smoking that wacky weed havent you (joke) :rolleyes2

its really

rock howard (capcom vs snk/ kof)
kyo kusanagi (kof)
ken masters (street fighter)
ryu (street fighter)
johnny (guilty gear)

Lord Chainsaw
02-07-2005, 02:21 AM
My favorite fighting game character is Ivan Ooze from the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers fighting game.

Runner up is Wingnut from TMNT Tournament Fighters.

crashNUMBERS
02-07-2005, 02:34 AM
o..........k?? youre some nerd arent you (joke). i mean who plays a power ranger fighting game. no offense.

Lionx
02-07-2005, 02:39 AM
Ryo = Copy of Ryu
Dan = Copy of Ryo

:D fun

Dan also has a sister called Ran i think in Rival Schools..just like how Ryo has Yuri...you can read that up in www.orochi.com

Mo-Nercy
02-07-2005, 04:10 AM
Sho -- Battle Arena Toshinden 3 ('cuz he could go invisible!)
Lee Chaolan -- Tekken Series (A love which would last a long time, I also had his hairstyle for like 4 years before I cut it a few weeks ago, so I felt I could relate to him ^_^)
Nightmare -- Soul Calibur Series (Not Siegfried, I only like the mutant hand and the big sword)
Cassandra Alexandra -- Soul Calibur Series (shield + sword = fun)

I wasn't into fighting games until a couple of years back so I never really got into 2D fighters (I suppose it's not too late now...) I feel so left out and....new-school. *ashamed*

Quina
02-07-2005, 05:08 AM
E. Honda.

Shoden
02-07-2005, 06:06 PM
i like Jin from Tekken Hugo from Bloody roar and Kasumi from Dead or Alive

Erdrick Holmes
02-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Ryo = Copy of Ryu
Dan = Copy of Ryo

Once again, people's lack of SNK stuff sickens me.

Ryo is all origional, probably one of the first "dedicated martial artist type heroes" to ever be well known in any fighter. And Dan isn't a copy of Ryo, his fightsyle is based off of Ryo's, and his looks and personality were based off of Robert Garcia and Joe Hagashi.

BatChao
02-08-2005, 03:42 AM
Talim from Soul Calibur 2 is the best... THE BEST!

Erdrick Holmes
02-08-2005, 05:30 AM
Wait a second?

NM

Ryu Hoshi is from Street Fighter. You of all people should know that, Hoshi is his last name.

Lionx
02-08-2005, 09:36 AM
OT: Isnt Rock Rising Taco? :P Terry=Lightspeed Taco

From what i heard from many SRK (shoryuken.com) members Hoshi is from the movie and therefore not canon because Capcom's storyline, is different from the directors of movies. Capcom according to SRK, never gave Ryu an appropiate last name thats official.

and from www.orochi.com :

Dan himself is a big parody to Capcom's rival game company, SNK, too. His moves and clothes are very similar to several SNK characters from their Art of Fighting series, and taunting, of which Dan is the king of, is a lot more prevalent in SNK fighting games than Capcom fighting games. And of course, there's his classic quote, "I hate the art of fighting, but I want to be the king of fighters", which makes a pun out of two SNK game series in one sentence. This is Capcom's tongue-in-cheek revenge for SNK ripping off Ken and Ryu apparently with their Art of Fighting characters, Ryo and Robert.

And if you dont believe the Ran sister thing, yes its just speculation but still very interesting to know, also in orochi.com

His ending there is a parody on Art of Fighting where his sister who looks exactly like Yuri, from SNK's Art of Fighting, stops him from killing Akuma, saying that Akuma is their [father]. Of course, Akuma is most likely not his father and this is a joke ending completely. It's there just to parody the ending to Art of Fighting. It's a VS game, after all. However, Dan having a sister in this game even if it was just for the purpose of blatantly mocking Art of Fighting (which it did a good job of, LOL) has led many to believe that Dan actually DOES have a sister. Whether this is true or not, there is no official confirmation. At any rate, when people thought Dan had a sister, they looked around for her, and hey, what do ya know? Not only does Rival Schools take place during the SFAlpha timeline where Dan's story takes place too, but there's also a girl there named Ran (Ran and Dan) who's last name is Hibiki!!!! She's also extremely confident in herself as well as really flashy (even if it's mainly with the flash on her camera) and cheerful, so there's definately a personality resemblance. Heck, she even screams "SAIKYO!" in one of her victory poses. This has led many to believe that Ran is Dan's sister. Many others believe that her last name is just a coincidence, which is a perfectly plausible and reasonable belief to have. In the end, however, all of this is just circumstantial evidence, and there's no hard proof that Ran is Dan's sister or not, and there has never been any official statements from Capcom of Japan even hinting at such. Another likely scenario is that she's his cousin, since there aren't any indications that Ran is an orphan like Dan is. Who knows?

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-08-2005, 10:40 AM
HADOOOOOOOOOKEN

ryu :D

and Sub-Zero!

bigbri2k5
02-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Hwoarang or Yoshimitsu from Tekken.
With them i can beat nearly everyone.

NM
02-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Wait a second?

NM

Ryu Hoshi is from Street Fighter. You of all people should know that, Hoshi is his last name.

I honestly never knew that was his surname. And like I said in the edit to my first post I read Ryu as Ryo. Plus with me not knowing Ryu's last name is the reason I put him down as a King of Fighter's character. Of course I did wonder why Ryo would be one of anyone's favourite character's. :D

I could of edited it out, but I thought i'd leave it there. :)

Ultima Shadow
02-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Yoshimizu-Teken serie
Nightmare-Soul Callibur
Mart-Super Smash Bros Melee (hey, that's a figting game too... and by far the best one! :D )

m4tt
02-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Jin + Juggernaught + Captain Comando in MvC2 = I win.

Dreddz
02-08-2005, 08:47 PM
who like the SNK series. I personaly think that SNK was better than Capcom. Lots of people will argue with me fro sayin that. Best person from SNK was that girl with the birda and was really fast. Or Terry

Lionx
02-08-2005, 09:34 PM
Nakoururu i think from Samurai Shodown(Spirits).

SNK games tend to have a much better storyline than the capcom games, however some of the controls and coolness factor is capcom and greater than SNK.

Erdrick Holmes
02-08-2005, 10:59 PM
SNK is gods of writing storylines. Period. Makes it sad that they never made RPGs, they would have been awesome.

NM
02-09-2005, 12:13 AM
SNK beat 'em up's don't have enough good character's imo. There are too many quirky fighters in there game's. Kyo, Iori, Terry, Mai and Kim are the only one's I ever use. I've tried other's but could never get to grip's with there fighting styles.

But then I grew up playing Street Fighter games. I didn't start playing KoF game's until a few years ago on MAME, and those character's I mentioned I think are all very similar to Street Fighter's character's.

black orb
02-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Makes it sad that they never made RPGs, they would have been awesome.
>>> They made Crystalis right?
As for fighting game characters. My fav are Basara Kubikiri and Tachibana Ukyo from Samurai Spirits.

Dreddz
02-09-2005, 09:03 PM
I prefered SNK cause of 1. the storyline and 2. the characters
Were there more SNK characters or Capcom Characters????

Lionx
02-10-2005, 02:27 AM
Yea but some SNK characters are only a 1 time show i think, i forget..wasnt the USA Team in KoF only used once? And also the New Face Team in another KoF was also once. However they do have good characters like Terry, Andy, Kyo, and Iori...the others compared to their stories just seem pale in comparison i guess. I dont know @_@ But i do like the story of KoF more.

O yea BTW Sagat is the most unbalanced character ever...>_> that is also accepted by many normal players.

Erdrick Holmes
02-10-2005, 03:28 AM
SNK always had tons of characters. In every King of Fighters there was atleast 30+ characters.

Yes, Sagat is not only an unbalaced fighter but a cheap one at that, play against him on Single player in any of the games wirh him, all he does is Tiger Shots.

crashNUMBERS
02-10-2005, 10:26 PM
(coughs)
*in sagats voice* TIGER SHOT!!!

NM
02-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Actually Sagat never says "Tiger Shot." He only says "Tiger." :p

Lionx
02-10-2005, 11:06 PM
No he goes Tiger Blow >_> or something...

He moves fast for a person his size and his hits HURT not to mention his supers are wicked..his top fireball super is an anti air, and his low one hits just about any Chibi Character there is...plus his other kick and uppercut supers do tons of dmg and can make even someone jumping back from it get hit =/

crashNUMBERS
02-11-2005, 02:00 AM
Actually Sagat never says "Tiger Shot." He only says "Tiger." :p

unless you play this corny game called street fighter ex3. :p

sagats voice manual-

tiger shot- tiger
g.tiger shot- tiger
someair kneekick- tigeerrr KNEE!!
tiger uppercut- tigeerrr UPPerCuT!!
tiger genocide- TIGER GENOCIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NM
02-11-2005, 11:09 AM
I don't really care for the 3D Street Fighters so I didn't know that. :)

Also Sagat is one of the easiest characters to beat when your playing in single player. It's so obvious that he's just gonna throw Tiger shots at you so just jump 'em and give him a good kick in the face or just do a triple on him, and watch his health bar empty. The later option being the most enjoyable. :D

As a character to use, he's not upto much either. He has a poor jump height so struggles to clear fireballs and you can see his move's coming a mile off. The only good move he has is the Tiger Knee as it's fast as hell. Plus it's double hit close up so does a good amount of damage.

DMKA
02-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Yea its Killer Instinct, its Cinder, Glacius, mystery balrog ripoff
TJ Combo. :rolleyes2

Anyone remember rival schools That is the best fighter ever ill kill anyone at it should of made lots more additions
I know so few people who've played that game. :love: It's great, and I kick teh ass on it as well. I love it.

There was a Rival Schools II that was scheduled for release at one point, but it either got canceled or didn't make it's way outside of Japan. I can't find ANYTHING about it online though. :(

EDIT: Apparently, it was released, but the final name ended up being "Project Justice" (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8168636449&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW). I would kill to have it.

Of course, I'd need a Dreamcast to play it. :(

EDIT: "Project Justice is the sequel to the Playstation Game Rival
Schools: United By Fate. While I'm aware there was a Rival Schools 2 released on the psx I don't believe it made it to the west and I think that Project Justice is a direct continuation of that first game."

Ah ok, so there is a Rival Schools II, but it wasn't released here. :(

Erdrick Holmes
02-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Project Justice was only on Sega Dreamcast. The Japanese version was better because it had a option where you can make a character. What I didn't like about Rival Schools series was it had Sakura in the game, but in the US version they named her *shudder* Hillary.

crashNUMBERS
02-13-2005, 05:30 AM
to youre snk story telling over there i agree.

but only 1 question lies............

WTF is up with snk and their heroes with fire. I mean I probably would've done the same but not for every freakin hero. What I mean about hero is not a main character but the good guys.

KOF 94-98 - Kyo & Iori
KOF 99- 02- K'
KOF 03 - Ash
Fatal fury- Terry Bogard

I also heard this guys rival in world heroes has some type of phoenix punch.

Lionx
02-13-2005, 05:44 AM
Its probably to give you a sense of relation between the two characters, a strong one. Just like how Akuma and Ryu share similar movesets as well as Ken which we come to know as the Shotos. Dan doesnt count :D

Its the same for Kyo and Iori with their flames. Terry was pretty original for me...i dont know why he was put up there. Only Rock has similar movesets to him.

If you didnt know K is a clone of Kyo...the supposedly strongest figher on the Hero/Japan Team in which NESTS wanted to get in their hands...

krissy
02-13-2005, 05:57 AM
kof: K', Whip

tekken: julia ^__^

sf: dhalsim

crashNUMBERS
02-13-2005, 06:01 AM
Its probably to give you a sense of relation between the two characters, a strong one. Just like how Akuma and Ryu share similar movesets as well as Ken which we come to know as the Shotos. Dan doesnt count :D

Its the same for Kyo and Iori with their flames. Terry was pretty original for me...i dont know why he was put up there. Only Rock has similar movesets to him.

If you didnt know K is a clone of Kyo...the supposedly strongest figher on the Hero/Japan Team in which NESTS wanted to get in their hands...

yeah i know that spoiler but they dont have the exact same moves.
Besides kyos fighting style is the legendary kusanagi style while k's is pure violence.

Lionx
02-13-2005, 06:03 AM
Well do you prefer K to have a rip off of Kyo's moves then? I think that would be even more horribly lame =/

I really dont think a clone should have a legendary Kusunagi fighting style..thats just too much @_@

crashNUMBERS
02-13-2005, 06:04 AM
agreed

turnitup5000db
02-13-2005, 09:09 PM
I kinda liked human smoke from the mk series. What the hell ever happened to him anyway?

Dignified Pauper
02-13-2005, 09:50 PM
blanka from Street Fighter... mmm electric power.

crashNUMBERS
02-15-2005, 12:27 AM
I kinda liked human smoke from the mk series. What the hell ever happened to him anyway?

The only 2 characters I actually like in mortal kombat are scorpian & reptile.

MK has so many clones (as in copies of other characters in a un-literally way EX: Ryu= sakura.)

Ones that I know are

Sub-zero
scorpian
reptile
human smoke
and I could've sworn that there was a guy in a red ninja uniform that was a clone (The way I explained above)

And i really hate MK for many reasons, especially because most of their characters have the same fighting pose of one hand into a fist lifted up and bouncing around.

Lionx
02-15-2005, 02:33 AM
Eh Smoke turned into a Cyborg i think and was ordered to kill his friend Sub-Zero....

I dotn like MK's Control scheme =/

XxSephirothxX
02-15-2005, 03:02 AM
While I won't say he's my favorite character to play as, Akuma is just badass.
After doing that godawful long combo, then seing the screen go black and 50+hits go off in a matter of seconds...the brilliant flash of his symbol...yeah. It's awesome.

crashNUMBERS
02-16-2005, 09:49 PM
street fighter has many clones. May I list them. I'll list them in the order they came. These are the people who use the shotokan karate style.

Ryu
Ken
Akuma
Dan
Sakura
Evil Ryu
Shin Akuma
Sean
Violent Ken

Violent Ken is bassicaly Ken controlled by M.Bison in snk v.s. capcom: chaos. The vs game with capcom and snk when snk takes a turn and makes it. Poor snk

Chris
02-16-2005, 10:35 PM
I don't know if this counts, but this is my favorite fighting game of all time.
http://www.geocities.com/gwccdude23/sor2.gif

Screenshots:

http://www.armchairempire.com/images/classics/Streets_of_Rage_2_1.jpg http://www.gamezero.com/team-0/final_word/genesis/streets_rage_2__1.jpg http://www.vgfreak.com/images/screens/sor2.gif http://www.llamascores.org/games/streetsofrage2/streetsofrage2.png http://www.emunova.net/img/tests/272.jpg http://www.findmeagame.com/images/4/614914.jpg http://abastafidli.webz.cz/sor/sor2/sor2_1.JPG http://www.classicgaming.com/soronline/img/sor2/sor2_round6a.gif http://w-create.com/~bisqwit/nesvideos/SoR2.png http://emulazione.multiplayer.it/mamend/gamend/jpg/sor2009.jpg http://www.segakore.net/articles/images/sor_series_cmp/sor2_usa_story.gif

http://www.freewebs.com/elsamurderer/streetsofrage2.jpg

crashNUMBERS
02-16-2005, 11:06 PM
Thats half 'n' half.
half fighting and
half side scrolling

Chris
02-16-2005, 11:11 PM
I know, but I really don't care.

This is the best game ever made, next to FFVIII and FVII.

Ultima Shadow
02-16-2005, 11:30 PM
*looks at post nr 56 and laughs*

Look out Chris, "Bisqwit" got pissed... :cool:

Chris
02-16-2005, 11:38 PM
I'm so scared, I dunno what to do :(

crashNUMBERS
02-17-2005, 12:39 PM
whos bisquit?? And is its me im not mad.

Bernhard
02-18-2005, 02:42 PM
At the moment, Gren Kuts.

crashNUMBERS
02-20-2005, 06:37 PM
No one else wanna discuss?? hmmm...well how about very bad characters to turn the tables? eh, how about that.

Lionx
02-20-2005, 07:01 PM
Dan Hibiki...>_>

crashNUMBERS
02-20-2005, 07:03 PM
no doubt about it. How about benimaru.

Lionx
02-20-2005, 07:06 PM
Benimaru is ok, he isnt the top top, but he is playable at the very least. Dan is....just you can use Ryu or Ken so why him?

Dont bash Beni just cuz he is metrosexual @_@; Now Eagle...he is really homosexual :P Not that he sucks however.

crashNUMBERS
02-20-2005, 07:10 PM
No im serious imo Ben suck :p ! but Dan .... yeah your right.