PDA

View Full Version : Who Feels Left Out???

BackRoomKid
02-05-2005, 07:24 PM
I'm sure many of you have heard of FFVII: BC for the newest cell phones...but this is ONLY in Japan!

I feel like I'm missing so much story to FFVII, and so far I haven't heard about any plans to release BC to the US/Europe areas. And what about Crisis Core? Is that supposedly going to be realease on the Nintendo DS or PSP? I'm so lost...anyone got info?

Maybe this should be moved to FFVII thread? Either way, let me see the posts!

Destai
02-05-2005, 08:02 PM
The fact is mobile phones arent advanced enough outside of JP to support the game. Id love if it was released as a manga comic or something along those lines. "If" its ever released outside of JP it wont be for a while but it was one of the most popular games (If not the most popular) released for mobile so they might be pushed to release it here too. who knows.

DJZen
02-05-2005, 08:06 PM
They have no plans to release it in the US or in Europe. At least this way there'll be less people complaining about how there's too many FFVII games.

The New Kid
02-05-2005, 08:12 PM
I don't like playing cell-phone games, so I really don't care if they release it in North America or not.

There shouldn't be too much plot you're missing out on anyways, because if there was a big revelation in Before Crisis, then they'd most likely ship the game over here.

Square-Enix couldn't not ship it over to their American fans, would they? They'd lose out on quite a bit if they didn't release it, methinks.

Yuffie514
02-05-2005, 08:35 PM
i don't really care much for cell-phone games, but i do care when i miss out on an FF game :mad: . is there any chance the game will be released on any future consoles? :confused:

TheAbominatrix
02-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Square's primary concern is Japan. They'll make plenty of money on it there, because FF is insanely more popular there than it is here. Just look at the Coca Cola FF ads they've had.

I really dont care, no. I dont see how it's 'missing out on the story', when you can read about the story online. I highly doubt it's heavily story-centric anyway.

Destai
02-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Ive always found Shinra interesting which is the main focus of BC. Do you know any sites that have the BC story? I'd love to read through em.

Yuffie514
02-05-2005, 09:54 PM
playing is far better than reading :tongue: .

Destai
02-05-2005, 10:11 PM
What about pictures!?

BackRoomKid
02-05-2005, 10:31 PM
adventchildre.net has just a few pics and barely any dialogue

I haven't found any sites with more meat

TheAbominatrix
02-05-2005, 11:16 PM
Yes, playing is better, but you cant say that you're missing the story when you can read it.

Try gamefaqs.

Destai
02-05-2005, 11:54 PM
Thanks loads :D you kickass !

Rednikcam
02-06-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm happy enough just with my Final Fantasy VII.

Ultima Shadow
02-06-2005, 02:01 PM
I'm happy enough just with my Final Fantasy VII.
Agreed!
I don't feel like I'm missing something. In fact... if you've played trough the orginal FFVII... you're not missing anything important at all. FFVII is enough, AC is ok, DoC is almost acceptable... but THIS is just going too far.

Rednikcam
02-06-2005, 07:58 PM
It's unstandable that Square-Enix want to make spin offs to it though, it would sure as hell bring in alot of money.

Destai
02-06-2005, 08:20 PM
I still feel nostalgic when I think of that game. Obsessed, Yes. Im worried they'll make a bad version of a brilliant game but I still want to delve deeper into the storyline and the world.

zpforter
04-16-2005, 08:21 PM
i was honestly happy with the way things ended at the end of FFVII. i didn't need anything else. when i caught wind of an FFVII sequel movie, i was thrilled to say the least....but i was more interested in the graphics and how real they could make it.

as for the cell phone game, i do feel left out. and i'm not a big fan of how some titles only get a japanese release. i can totally understand having things released in Japan before us....but i mean come on. there are thousands of FF fans in america. we deserve it too. as much of a promoter i am of having the game in america....i honestly don't know how much i would play it. depending on how much the phone costs just to play the game first off. that and i was never that interested in Shinra. although, i did think the turks were a cool outfit. so i'm kinda conflicted about the whole thing.

by the way...where chronologically does Crisis Core take place? and who all does it involve? ( i'm sure there's another post for this question.....i'm sorry) :mad:

Squall of SeeD
04-17-2005, 06:44 AM
To anyone interested in reading the translated story of Before Crisis, here it is: Linkage to Gunshot Romance, a site maintained by a college student in Japan (http://www.freewebs.com/gunshotromance/index.htm).

by the way...where chronologically does Crisis Core take place? and who all does it involve? ( i'm sure there's another post for this question.....i'm sorry) :mad:

That information hasn't been released as of yet.

ffrinoa8
04-17-2005, 08:19 AM
also in japan they made the minigame of snowboarding with cloud. that made me mad...

Big D
04-17-2005, 08:31 AM
also in japan they made the minigame of snowboarding with cloud. that made me mad...Why? As long as you have a save from disc 3, you can play that game on your PS2 anytime you like.

Squall of SeeD
04-17-2005, 08:37 AM
also in japan they made the minigame of snowboarding with cloud. that made me mad...

According to Square-Enix, Final Fantasy VII: Snowboarding will be released in North America: Linkage (http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2005/1269.html).

Big D
04-17-2005, 08:41 AM

According to Square-Enix, Final Fantasy VII: Snowboarding will be released in North America: Linkage (http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2005/1269.html).Handy.... except that it's virtually identical to the original version of the game, so I feel no need to rush out and trade in my trusty Sony-Ericsson T206 just yet.

That Before Crisis info page was very informative, thanks.

zpforter
04-17-2005, 08:57 PM
that snowboard game was highly addicting. however it wasn't addicting enough for me to go out and purchase a phone solely on the fact that it can play that game. maybe if BC and that game came out on the same phone....maybe then i'd look into buying it. i think that's the only reason we might be getting that game....cause it's not that exciting. :mad: grumble......grumble.....

so there isn't any info really released yet about CC huh? thats fair.