PDA

View Full Version : Casual or Commited?

blue_midget192
02-05-2005, 09:57 PM
In this day and age is commitment dieing out?

I see more and more people having casual s*x and relationships and just disgarding them as soon as somthing "better" comes along!!

Is love dieing out?
Is it possible for people change?
Are you casual or commited?

What are your views? :confused:

Rye
02-05-2005, 09:59 PM
It's not dying out, but lust is being chosen over love these days a lot.

Dreamtiger42
02-05-2005, 10:01 PM
matt, im commited to you all the way :love:

and yea, that is the problem isnt it :mad2:

Pure Strife
02-05-2005, 10:07 PM
S*x? I think a better question is how far has society gone that we feel the need to censor the word "sex".

And it's the culture these days to go out and get laid. No one cares about commitment when they can just go get all physical action they want. Commitment minded people are becoming rarer.

It's like my grandma used to say, "why buy the cow when you can get the sex for free?". Though she turned lesbian on her 60th birthday.

mythus
02-05-2005, 10:14 PM
I am a committment kind of guy. So strong in my committment am I that I have suffered many things, trying to keep it going..... I won't bother listing them here, as I do not feel this is the place.

Destination0
02-05-2005, 10:21 PM
It's not dying out, but lust is being chosen over love these days a lot.

u r right...its sad...
I think we r losing "real love concept" all people seem to care is about their lust...and they should even use the world "love" for their temp. attachment....
"love" is the most misused word :(

blue_midget192
02-05-2005, 10:23 PM
matt, im commited to you all the way :love:

and yea, that is the problem isnt it :mad2:

arr thank you dear :love: :love: im very commited too, just to you :)

and yes Rye has summerised the problem very well, the point is why, jsut because people can have lots of sex do we feel the need to?

Mikztsu
02-05-2005, 10:25 PM
I myself don't really see any excitement in casual relationship or one-nighters, whatever you want to call them.

<b>Is it possible for people change?</b> YES. I'm a living example of that. Past few years have shaped me a lot and my values of life.

"love" is the most misused word :(

Word up. Eventhough I don't really care.

Dreamtiger42
02-05-2005, 10:28 PM
what it really come back down to is people becomming more and more obsessed with their looks, they only want a good looking person so they can show off about how good looking they are to pull such a good looking person.... if that makes sense?

but then they find someone better looking and they move on to them, no one really wants to take the time to get to know one person, they think it'll become boring and repitional but i guess not everyone needs that feeling of security like i do :) lol

oh, and i was the one who sensored the sex on the first post, i wasnt sure if it was allowed to be said :confused: sorry bout that

amratis
02-05-2005, 10:51 PM
I need mental commitment because of my commitment to Squall! (see thumbnails) *drools* Seriously though. I'm a commitment person all the way. I'm proud to say I have never cheated on a boyfriend, *ever* and I never will, I'm just not the sort. Too much emphasis is put on s*x these days and as a result ppl end up having a long string of what turn out to be empty relationships, and coming out of them no better or even worse then they were before. Uh sorry, rant over ;)

amra

blue_midget192
02-05-2005, 11:19 PM
I'm a commitment person all the way. I'm proud to say I have never cheated on a boyfriend, *ever* and I never will, I'm just not the sort. Too much emphasis is put on s*x these days and as a result ppl end up having a long string of what turn out to be empty relationships, and coming out of them no better or even worse then they were before. Uh sorry, rant over ;)

amra

i agree completly, im proud to say that i'v never cheated, and have no plans to. I'm also proud to say that i have only ever had sex with one person, and that is because i love her with all my heart :)

I don;t and have never seen the point in having sex jsut for the hell of having sex. Can any one please enlighten me on this?

amratis
02-05-2005, 11:36 PM
i agree completly, im proud to say that i'v never cheated, and have no plans to. I'm also proud to say that i have only ever had sex with one person, and that is because i love her with all my heart :)

I don;t and have never seen the point in having sex jsut for the hell of having sex. Can any one please enlighten me on this?

I guess it just comes down to personal preference. As someone here said, relationship's based on physical appearences are never good, and are bound to be, at their core, brittle, if they have a core atall. If your're with someone on that basis and you don't genuinely care for them (and thats not even going anywhere near *love) then you're bound to start looking around.
Everyone is different and so many have completely differing views on this topic, too some ppl it really isnt a big deal, until maybe later in their life. Maybe they never had a role-model relationship (i.e stable parents) to look up too. Could be anything. Life is messy and ppl cheat, it happens and unfortunetly its now a regular part of the world today. Or so it seems, maybe I'm just being really cynical ;)

amra

boris no no
02-05-2005, 11:37 PM
some people still believe in love.
i would never have a one night stand, i've only ever pulled one guy when i've been out and ended up in a 2 year relationship (i'm not really that ugly if you're wondering why i don't pull. i just don't like to. i feel dirty when i do)
i would never cheat on a guy, even if i've been with him a few days.
tv and the media make people out to be dirty whores. we're not all like that. i wnat to fall in love, not just sex

DJZen
02-05-2005, 11:42 PM
While Heidegger and I are not legally married (stupid laws....), we are married at heart, and have been 100% faithful to each other from the beginning. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Dr.K
02-06-2005, 12:19 AM
I don't feel love is "dying out", but i do feel that people are starting to, in a way just do what they want to do i guess. Over the years the stereotype of sex being naughty and dirty has faded more and people's actions are moreso linked to their agenda, not a religion or some other factor. I myself have full faith in love, and much prefer a commited relationship than any other alternative. I think it's important not to use the word "love too broadly" though, as has been said. You don't forget about someone you actually loved in a matter of days (or weeks? months? :)) and from some things ive seen i think it's easy to mistake love for just a deep rooted fondness. Perhaps love could be described as relative?

Del Murder
02-06-2005, 12:28 AM
Most people in relationships should be committed.

Dreamtiger42
02-06-2005, 01:31 PM
While Heidegger and I are not legally married (stupid laws....), we are married at heart, and have been 100% faithful to each other from the beginning. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

yea, me and blue_midget192 are like that :D constantly fighting :D lol, joking, we're all lovey dovey, we annoy people with it most of the time but we dont care :love:

I agree whole heartedly to this statement! :D :love:

But what about sex before marriage? i was talking to a mate about it the other day and he's sickened by it, well, i am when its all casual and stuff :eek: but what if it's like us?

Is it ok to have sex before marriage if your really in love? :love: :confused:

Rainecloud
02-06-2005, 03:31 PM
People can't be bothered with commitment these days. Marriage springs to mind immediately. Why bother respecting morals and the sanctity of marriage when you can have dirty sex whenever you like without any consequences? At least that's what the youth of today want to believe.

These days, the general attitude of the world is: "I want this now, but if it doesn't work out, I want to be able to leave whenever I like". 'Tis a great shame.

mythus
02-06-2005, 03:55 PM
i agree completly, im proud to say that i'v never cheated, and have no plans to. I'm also proud to say that i have only ever had sex with one person, and that is because i love her with all my heart

I agree. Have never cheated, and have only been intimate with only one person. I don't believe in casual sex. If someone is having sex just to get their jollies, they might as well just masterbate. Sex, when done right, is more than just gettting off. It's the act of intimatly merging with the one you love, sharing everything with that person... body... mind... soul. Casual sex can be a dangerous thing, especially if the other one involved does not see it as casual sex. It can cause much heartache and hardship.

Dreamtiger42
02-07-2005, 01:31 PM
Sex, when done right, is more than just gettting off. It's the act of intimatly merging with the one you love, sharing everything with that person... body... mind... soul. Casual sex can be a dangerous thing, especially if the other one involved does not see it as casual sex. It can cause much heartache and hardship.

EXACTLY!!!! That is one of the things i never understood with causal sex people, sex is supposed to be a speical thing between two people who love each other, when they come together :) I just could do that and not trust/know who ever was taking my clothes off, its a nasty though :(

and a friend of mine had sex with another friend of mine, he thought it was casual but she thought it wasnt, poor dear :(

-N-
02-07-2005, 05:46 PM
None of you have mentioned ambition as a reason for lack of lasting marriages? People don't want to get committed to marriages or long-term relationships because success these days doesn't focus around forming a stable family but around material achievement, and acquisition of fame and money. This doesn't just apply to men - women are much more empowered today and also share similar dreams of success and fame. That's why people are seeking simple short-term pleasure-based relationships. :rolleyes:

DoomAntenna
02-07-2005, 10:09 PM
With all the diseases around, it doesn't seem like a good practical idea to have casual sex. Besides that, I agree with what's been said about it being important. I think a lot of pop culture today is trying to convince us that sex is just a physical activity and has no deeper meaning. Maybe it doesn't for some people, but I think it should, and it should be shared with the one person you love.