PDA

View Full Version : Whats all this about Parties?

amratis
02-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Question....what is all this stuff about parties? I'm a relative noob to this forum (ducks) and I'm abit lost, is this an annual thing? How do I know which party to join? Oh decisions decisions! :confused: :D
P.S ooh lookit my new siggie, yay!

amra

Rye
02-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Nice sig. :) The parties are for a once a year Election in EoFF.

Cz
02-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Yes, it's an annual event. You don't have to join a party if you don't want to, but if you do you'll find each Party's manifesto in their thread. :)

amratis
02-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Election to what though? This is going to take awhile to get through all these different parties. :eek: ;)

And thanks for the info :)

Cz
02-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Oh, the election doesn't really grant the winner any power, it's just for the sake of having a good time. Of course, that won't stop the winners gloating about it for months on end. :rolleyes2

Kirobaito
You can find live help in the <a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/chat/">chatroom</a>.

But yes, these are for the EoFF Elections. Start with Election Booth's stickied thread and then carefully read the different threads to find out which one suits you the best.

Rye
Well, the parties are kinda just for fun. I don't think the winners actually do anything, but it's real fun and the parties all represent something different.

Baloki
02-05-2005, 10:06 PM
You can find live help in the <a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/chat/">chatroom</a>.

Don't believe that, they just brainwash you in there!

Mr. Graves
02-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Welcome to EoFF.

There's a stickied thread at the top of General Chat. Read that first. If you have any questions just go to the chat room or PM certain people.

amratis
02-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Ta everyone, :D I've just read the stickied thread, I'm quite liking the ace party or the BAoTW.
And I cant seem to get into the live chat room, I've tried but it says couldnt connect: null or something and I have no idea how/where to upgrade my java,theres so many different links whenever I look. This comps almost brand new I didnt think I needed new java or Mirc or whatever but it still wont let me in. Ah well :tongue:

eestlinc
02-05-2005, 10:16 PM
February is the best time to join EoFF.

Cz
02-05-2005, 10:20 PM
I'd have thought that a big event like this would scare off newbies, but it looks as if it's actually attracting them instead. :)

eestlinc
02-05-2005, 10:24 PM
you obviously <i>have</i> missed the last few elections

Loony BoB
02-05-2005, 10:52 PM
Ta everyone, :D I've just read the stickied thread, I'm quite liking the ace party or the BAoTW.
And I cant seem to get into the live chat room, I've tried but it says couldnt connect: null or something and I have no idea how/where to upgrade my java,theres so many different links whenever I look. This comps almost brand new I didnt think I needed new java or Mirc or whatever but it still wont let me in. Ah well :tongue:
Do you have a firewall in place?

If you really want to get in and don't want to bother with the java stuff, you can always download mIRC and, in a few simple steps, we can set you up. :)

If you want to keep trying with java, you should go to http://www.java.com and click on the yellow button-link on the top right. This will lead you to a list of the latest java releases, and hopefully that will put you back on track. If that doesn't, do you know if you have some kind of firewall in place?

Agent Proto
02-06-2005, 12:34 AM

You should join the Ace Party. BAoTW is far too complicated, and the thread is getting posts left and right. Your post will likely get ignored if you post. ;) Not saying that's true, but choose whichever party. I recommend the Ace Party.

escobert
02-06-2005, 12:36 AM
#EoFF/Newbie party is for you!

Psychotic
02-06-2005, 12:38 AM
Both BoB and Proto have resorted to trying to pick up members by cheap campaigning, and yet amratis chose BAoTW - a party who did not spamvertise.

I think the moral of the story is quite clear :)

escobert
02-06-2005, 12:39 AM
That I am the bestest :D?

Psychotic
02-06-2005, 12:41 AM
Yes Bert, yes you are :love:

Although your respect-o-meter has gone down since you back-stabbed BAoTW for the SECOND YEAR RUNNING! (Like last year when you joined and then quit for the Pirate Party :whimper: )

escobert
02-06-2005, 12:48 AM
I'm sorry :( Next year :D :love:

amratis
02-06-2005, 01:04 AM
I have to say, I did go with BAoTW, please do not throw vegatables in various states of decomposition at me. ;) :D

As for the kind helpers of my chat problem. I do not know if I have a firewall in place. I do not think so, I have downloaded Mirc and cant make that work either. I do hope it doesnt have something to do with the fact that I'm at Uni. By this I mean maybe the Uni server doesnt let me on Mirc or something, though I find this hard to believe. I've posted on the Help forum, got a reply but still couldnt make it work. I shall go over there and check for another reply.

amra

Loony BoB
02-06-2005, 01:09 AM
Both BoB and Proto have resorted to trying to pick up members by cheap campaigning, and yet amratis chose BAoTW - a party who did not spamvertise.

I think the moral of the story is quite clear :)
...cheap campaigning? When? I haven't done anything of the cheap campaigning which can be seen in your very post. I didn't even mention my party when I replied in this thread, unlike you. Seems you're out to make other parties look bad. :p

EDIT: And it's quite likely that your uni does inded have a firewall in place. :( Did you set up irc.ffchat.net and all that sort of thing, or did you not know how mIRC works? Just trying to find out what info you require and we'll work from there.

Baloki
02-06-2005, 01:23 AM
And it's quite likely that your uni does inded have a firewall in place. :( Did you set up irc.ffchat.net and all that sort of thing, or did you not know how mIRC works? Just trying to find out what info you require and we'll work from there.

Universities use heavy duty firewalls called Proxies, find out your proxy details and you an bypass it ;)

amratis
02-06-2005, 01:24 AM
The person who replied in the help forum said exactly what to type into the text box to connect me, but it keeps coming up with. - Unable to connect. Allthough I tried some other random servers and it seemed to work. I've checked and I dont think my comp has a firewall but yes, maybe the Uni does.

I've gone on to the firewall option in Mirc and it says None in the box, however, the Protocol box next to it says Socks4 (??)

Resha
02-06-2005, 12:16 PM
I don't know which party to join now neither. :( I'm only a little girl.

boris no no
02-06-2005, 01:29 PM
join the fluffy pink party!! we're pink and cute and FUN!!

sorry bout the campaining....but i need the publisity!! :love:

Super Christ
02-06-2005, 01:32 PM

Join Goatsecs. I order you.

Baloki
02-06-2005, 01:36 PM
I've gone on to the firewall option in Mirc and it says None in the box, however, the Protocol box next to it says Socks4 (??)

Strange, it shouldn't let you connect to one and not the other...

Rainecloud
02-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Unfortunately, the elections are now in full-swing.

I yearn for the days of normality...