PDA

View Full Version : Quina's Inconsistencies?

TheSpoonyBard
02-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Why are Quina's physical attacks so inconsistent? Sometime they are in four figures, then the next they will only be in double figures. Are there any reasons behind this phenomenon? Any help would be great.

boris no no
02-05-2005, 11:20 PM
i get that too... i think it may be because he's a blue mage. in my (limited) experience blue mages tended to be a bit of both if that makes sense... its annoying though!

DrkFenix912
02-05-2005, 11:26 PM
i think they're supposed to be random, i had quina do more damage than zidane on gizmaluke on disk one but then s/he did like 30 damage on the next monster.

blue_midget192
02-05-2005, 11:41 PM
i think they're supposed to be random, i had quina do more damage than zidane on gizmaluke on disk one but then s/he did like 30 damage on the next monster.

wow, that makes sense, which is a first time for Quina :)

TheSpoonyBard
02-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Has anyone found a correlation between the number of frogs/items/gems/Blue Magics/enemy's level/etc and the amount of damage Quina deals?

Del Murder
02-06-2005, 01:07 AM
As far as I can tell, Quina's fork deals a random amount of damage, factored by Quina's strength and power of fork. Man he's awesome.

shippu
02-06-2005, 03:22 AM
though the random attacks just lead even more up to quina her/him self. since since he/she is strange as it is they threw it in to make her even more strange

UltimaLimit
02-06-2005, 03:43 AM
Random physical damage irritates me. You can never depend on it. It may be factored by Strength, but in my experience it was programmed with Murphy's Law.

Quina
02-06-2005, 07:01 AM
yes it is random, but it always seems to be the higher damage when i need it the most. i agree with Del Murder. Quina is great!

SoftReset
02-06-2005, 10:22 AM
"Has anyone found a correlation between the number of frogs/items/gems/Blue Magics/enemy's level/etc and the amount of damage Quina deals?"

There is none. Quina's Forks don't have the same minimum damage limits that other weapons do. If her base attack power is 11 that is the minimum s/he will do at any level with any strength. That doesn't make it completely random (s/he isn't capable of doing 9999 with a physical attack at Lv.1 for example), but it makes the range of damage wide enough to seem completely random.

Vivi's Comet and Meteor follow the same sort of formula.

boris no no
02-06-2005, 10:41 AM
i thought the frogs helped out a little bit... :confused:
*sigh* ney mind

SoftReset
02-06-2005, 11:28 AM
Nope. Frogs only count towards Frog Drop damage. Sorry :P

boris no no
02-06-2005, 01:15 PM
thats the one!! i was getting confused!! :D heehee

TheSpoonyBard
02-06-2005, 02:12 PM
So there's no way to overcome this hinderance? That's a shame because her lack of consistency is what prevented me from using her later in the game. I've heard she can be a great asset to the team but I've never bothered with her as the Blue Magics I had accumulated early in the game seemed pointless.

Ultima Shadow
02-06-2005, 02:22 PM
So there's no way to overcome this hinderance? That's a shame because her lack of consistency is what prevented me from using her later in the game. I've heard she can be a great asset to the team but I've never bothered with her as the Blue Magics I had accumulated early in the game seemed pointless.
Trust me... Quina can be THE most powerfull character in the game if you get Mighty Guard, Angels Snack, White Wind, Frog Drop, Auto Life and Limmit Globe. Quina is the best magic user in the game and can use both defensive and offensive spells. And unlike the other magic users, Quina have high HP + good attack strength and defense. :cool:

Quina
02-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Ultima Shadow is the king.

Christmas
07-11-2022, 05:59 AM
Quina is my bitch.

Quindiana Jones
07-11-2022, 12:57 PM
Trust me... Quina can be THE most powerfull character in the game if you get Mighty Guard, Angels Snack, White Wind, Frog Drop, Auto Life and Limmit Globe. Quina is the best magic user in the game and can use both defensive and offensive spells. And unlike the other magic users, Quina have high HP + good attack strength and defense. :cool:

Retweet.