PDA

View Full Version : Clear Spheres

tehSlippy
02-05-2005, 10:48 PM
Where can I get (Find, or Buy) clear spheres? I am currently maximizing my stats, and without clear spheres I can't hope to achieve my goal.

TheSpoonyBard
02-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Capture 10 of each enemy in all areas to unlock Ultima Buster. I'm not sure if you need to defeat him or not, but either unlocking him or defeating him will allow you to buy Clear Spheres from the Monster Arena manager for 10,000G each.

tehSlippy
02-05-2005, 11:01 PM
Ah. Thanks.

TheSpoonyBard
02-05-2005, 11:03 PM
You're welcome.

Shalashaska
02-05-2005, 11:47 PM
Capture 10 of each enemy in all areas to unlock Ultima Buster.

You only need to capture 5 of each fiend to unlock Ultima Buster.

TheSpoonyBard
02-05-2005, 11:49 PM
Are you sure? Capturing 10 won't hurt any, and as tehSlippy is trying to maximise stats he could do with the extra AP.

Shalashaska
02-06-2005, 12:00 AM
You only need 5 of everything to unlock Ultima Buster, you need 10 of every fiend (along with defeating all the Area, Species, and Original creations) to unlock Nemesis.

Also, you can gain up to 99 Sphere Levels in one battle using the AP trick so AP isn't really a concern.

rubah
02-06-2005, 06:26 AM
catch all 10 and you'll ruin your free battle with nemesis, as you need the clear spheres to uberize your stats.

Plus getting all 10 of the little tonberries is friggin'. . . hard? Don't want to wait that long to start obliterating earth eater and shinryu and ultima buster:D

AP tricks=<3 It starts getting hard when your characters have already gone over most of the grid once already and you only use a sphere every three pointsX.x (four is the max, but if you go four at a time when you're adding new stat+ to the nodes, you'll miss them. like, duh.)

chilpepper
02-06-2005, 08:57 AM
You only need 5 of everything to unlock Ultima Buster, you need 10 of every fiend (along with defeating all the Area, Species, and Original creations) to unlock Nemesis.

Also, you can gain up to 99 Sphere Levels in one battle using the AP trick so AP isn't really a concern.
wots the AP trick if i may ask

alexholker
02-06-2005, 09:02 AM
wots the AP trick if i may askI think it is to equip a character/s with a weapon with at least Overdrive->AP, preferably with Triple Overdrive and Triple AP too, and using either the Stoic or Comrade Overdrive modes, fight against Cactaur King or Don Tonberry. Every time someone gets killed (that character for Stoic, another character for Comrade), you'll get tons of AP.

tehSlippy
02-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Yeah, that's it. If you have auto-phoenix, you can get 99 S. levels in one battle.

Also, sorry for going off-topic, but I didn't want to make another thread.

When should I fight Sin (Where he has an overdrive meter)? Atm, I have Auron going through Wakka's sphere grid, and Tidus going through Auron's. The rest (Lulu/Yuna/Wakka/Rikku) aren't done their sphere grids yet (Although Yuna is almost done.)

So, should I put Wakka through Tidus' sphere grid, and then level up yuna/rikku/lulu to put them through someone else's sphere grid (I don't know who...); and THEN fight Sin?

Shalashaska
02-06-2005, 08:01 PM
catch all 10 and you'll ruin your free battle with nemesis, as you need the clear spheres to uberize your stats.

Well you still need to defeat all the other creations as well before Nemesis becomes available.

Yeah, that's it. If you have auto-phoenix, you can get 99 S. levels in one battle.

If you neglect to level up one character (either on purpose or you simply didn't use them) and their max HP is relatively low to the amount of damage Don Tonberry does to them with his Karma counter, you can gain 99 S. Levels in 1 turn. Intentionally leaving a character extremely weak (especially Auron) also helps tremendously in defeating Iron Clad over and over to get HP Spheres (if you're maxing HP as well).

When should I fight Sin (Where he has an overdrive meter)?

If this is your first time through the game (and since you're asking this particular question I'm assuming it is) I would finish the rest of the game A.S.A.P. If you power up too much and get all the extras (Anima/Sisters, ultimate weapons, etc.) the end of the game will be EXTREMELY easy and quite boring. My opinion, beat the game now and then load up your last save and go back and finish everything else.

tehSlippy
02-08-2005, 01:54 AM
I have Yojimbo, Anima, and the Magus Sisters, and all the celestial weapons powered up. I am in the process of getting all my stats maxed, and 60k hp. I want the end of the game to be easy.

rubah
02-08-2005, 02:09 AM
I'd say you have it made.

Shalashaska
02-08-2005, 07:16 PM
Indeed....as in 1-hit overkill. That's fun. :rolleyes2