PDA

View Full Version : fav. character ELIMINATION FINALE!...pick your winner!!!(round 8)

JseanjohnC
02-05-2005, 10:56 PM
PLEASE...PLEASE vote for your winner! if not...good luck 2 ya! Vincent, Cid, Vincent, Cid! who will be granted the official title as the FINAL FANTASY 7 CHARACTER FOR FAVORITE! Cloud was just proven that he is not even the most liked of the ff7 games according to the poles! perhaps he is overrated!? Well as the votes are going to be popping in the eliminated characters are waiting for the big time reunion:
ROUND ONE: Cait Sith
ROUND TWO: Tifa
ROUND THREE: Aeris
ROUND FOUR: Barrett
ROUND FIVE: Yuffie
ROUND SIX: Red XIII
ROUND SEVEN: Cloud
ROUND EIGHT: Cid/Vincent

MY VOTE: cid
Cid has played a tremendous game! Each week he has proven to become safe from the bottom two and three! he definitely deserved it point blank! Vincent is a main character that I have voted against for 5 weeks and will not be receiving my vote! Cid good luck 2 ya, and in the words of cid: i http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/rpg_009.gifin won this competition! (w/e)

WELL THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HAS VOTED IN THIS SERIES UNTIL ROUND 8! THIS IS THE FINAL WEEK FOR THIS AND WILL NOT CONTINUE! IT HAS MADE ONE OF THE MOST VIEWED TOPICS OUT OF ALL MY POLLS/TOPICS IN A WEEK WHICH IS AWESOME! CHECK BACK IN FOR THE WINNER IN A WEEK!

also keep voting in the ffx-2 and 8 polls as both have 11 remaining characters!
8 (Ward,Irvine,Edea) most votes so far
X-2 (Barkeep, Logos, LeBlanc) most votes so far!

Flamethrower
02-05-2005, 11:01 PM
Characters like Vincent are a dime a dozen, but there is only one Cid Highwind. :)

Sepho
02-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Voted for Cid.

And I would re-post my reasons for voting out Vincent so anyone interested in reading them wouldn't have to do any searching, but the last Character Elimination thread is still fresh on the page, I believe I've explained in detail my reasoning behind the way I vote.

Go Cid :).

CloudVII
02-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Woot! Go Cid, not my favorite character, but definetely my 2nd favorite :D

HunterFlamebrow
02-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Cid, most definatly. Vincent is an optional character, after all, and hardly gets any dialogue or character development. His whole personality is "spooky guy who turns into monsters, and is almost Sephiroth's uncle-in-law" Plus, I hated his limit break.

amratis
02-06-2005, 11:19 PM
I voted for Vincent, Cid is my most under-used character throughout the game, I hardly ever use him, I just dont like his character, maybe its the way he's intreoduced as being really out of order to his wife but I just couldnt get to liking him much. I wanted Cloud to win really but I'll choose Vincent over Cid anyday

Shoden
02-06-2005, 11:23 PM
Vincent because youg et to learn about his past and his horrific experiences he slept for 30 years and didnt age plus he looks cool and he could easilly shoot cid to death with one bullet

Flamethrower
02-06-2005, 11:30 PM
maybe its the way he's intreoduced as being really out of order to his wife

Shera wasn't his wife. Cid and Shera were not romanticly involved in any way.

amratis
02-06-2005, 11:34 PM
What? well why was she living with him and everything? Sorry I havn't finished the game yet, I'm literally playing it through for the first time right now. I just assumed she was his wife, it was kinda implied, or so I thought, my bad. But my point still holds, he was completely terrible to her, she was only trying to help. Grumpy old man, and he's not even that old :p

amra

Flamethrower
02-06-2005, 11:40 PM
I can understand the confusion, but as far as I know, Shera was living with Cid as a servant type person because she felt in debt to him since he aborted the flight and gave up his dream to save her life.

Raistlin
02-07-2005, 12:05 AM
I can understand the confusion, but as far as I know, Shera was living with Cid as a servant type person because she felt in debt to him since he aborted the flight and gave up his dream to save her life.
Exactly. Cid is one of the most developed characters in the game.

Loony BoB
02-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Out of those two, it's just got to be Cid.

Hawkeye
02-07-2005, 01:48 PM
How can you pass aside Vincents dark gloomy past? I admit, Cid had a funny hot temper, but come on, Vincent was way better. He was a lot stronger too.

Flamethrower
02-07-2005, 02:16 PM
How so? Cid has stronger physical attacks and his limits are way better than Vincent's.

Sepho
02-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Yeah, in my experience Vincent is one of the weakest physical attackers in the game. And while the novelty of his limit breaks are up there, they're really not that useful.

Ryth
02-08-2005, 12:21 AM
This was tough this was really tough but I voted Cid.

lord shishio
02-08-2005, 01:19 AM
In the end, I gave it to Vincent, then again, I think I might have voted him off in one of the other poles...

Raistlin
02-08-2005, 02:19 AM
A quick comparison:

Vincent:
Good, dark story. Fits in with the plot nicely. The "silent, dark, brooding" type which is very cliche but still everyone loves. His story is only developed at two distinct points in the game(one when you first talk to him in a flashback, two if you go see Lucrecia in the cave).
Absolutely useless in battle; he's up there with Aerith and Cait Sith. His limit breaks look cool, but their lack results make him one of the worst characters you could have in battle.

Cid:
Excellent, developed story with a very original character. Cid gave up his dream to save Shera, and seems quite less antagonizing towards Shera later in the game. Is it any wonder that 99% of FF7 fanfics have Cid marrying Shera? One of the most developed playable characters in the game, and one of the most original FF characters.
Excellent in battle. Very quick and strong in battle, he can still wield materia. His limit breaks are also very damaging, which only adds to his usefulness.

Verdict: Cid.

Now SIT YOUR ASSES DOWN AND DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!!!

CloudVII
02-08-2005, 04:04 AM
18-9 cid , looks like hes gunna take it gj man. Ur the most badass cigar smoking monster owning guy ive ever heard of.

FourShiningOrbs
02-08-2005, 04:31 AM
A quick comparison:

Vincent:
Good, dark story. Fits in with the plot nicely. The "silent, dark, brooding" type which is very cliche but still everyone loves. His story is only developed at two distinct points in the game(one when you first talk to him in a flashback, two if you go see Lucrecia in the cave).
Absolutely useless in battle; he's up there with Aerith and Cait Sith. His limit breaks look cool, but their lack results make him one of the worst characters you could have in battle.

Cid:
Excellent, developed story with a very original character. Cid gave up his dream to save Shera, and seems quite less antagonizing towards Shera later in the game. Is it any wonder that 99% of FF7 fanfics have Cid marrying Shera? One of the most developed playable characters in the game, and one of the most original FF characters.
Excellent in battle. Very quick and strong in battle, he can still wield materia. His limit breaks are also very damaging, which only adds to his usefulness.

That pretty much says it all. A fair and concise comparison of the two characters, good work Raistlin. Pretty tough to argue against Cid after reading that. Not that I'm biased or anything (points to avatar) :D

Hawkeye
02-08-2005, 05:55 AM

*eric cartman whine*

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-08-2005, 08:25 AM
GO CID GO! :D

Oh crap i pressed the wrong button! :p

go vincent?...i guess! :)

JunotDe
02-08-2005, 08:34 AM
[!]Sweet the biggest fag in the game wins[/!]That's not a nice thing to say. ~ Leeza

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
02-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Actually i thought Cid had the coolest personality...very strong willed guy, upfront and have a good sense of humour....you dont see that with FF characters these days!

You can basically cut Vincents brooding with a knife but on the flipside his story did intrigue me his quite a character, quite dark...you dont see that in FF's these days...other than Auron

Both have their pros and cons but Cid takes the cake

i would like to know why you think Cid's the biggest "fag" in the game!!

Chris
02-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Of the two left... I choose Cid Highwind.

meowwl
02-08-2005, 03:00 PM
I voted for Cid..He's such a grouchy old curmudgeon. He's a foulmouthed bastard throughout the game..and he never apologizes to Shera..Never actually says he's sorry! I'd have really liked the crusty old badger if he had. Vincent is hot!..just for starters, seems polite and well spoken. His story is so sad and sweet..the whole unrequited love thing..My only problems with him are his limit breaks, and the fact that he seems intent on bearing all the guilt for the whole world on his own wirey shoulders..

redxiiii
02-09-2005, 09:01 PM
cid!!!!!!!!

JseanjohnC
02-10-2005, 12:01 AM
okay CId wins pretty much...already w/ 2/3 of the votes

Dragonfire
02-10-2005, 12:34 AM
obvious who I voted for.

JseanjohnC
02-13-2005, 03:32 AM
Cid is the official ff7 winner with 57%...thanks for voting and makin this poll series a success!-Josh C.

Flamethrower
02-13-2005, 11:22 PM
Hell yes. :cool:

This was fun.

Hawkeye
02-13-2005, 11:40 PM
:( this is almost as unfair as the 2000 presidential elections

:D jk

kalabora
02-16-2005, 08:55 PM
I vote for Vincent, it only for the sake of mystery.

Lucca
02-22-2005, 11:25 AM
Well,I vote for Vincent and Cid. I have them both in my Party. Always.

Joshkabob
03-01-2005, 12:13 AM
Vince is way better I found, He also looks cooler.