PDA

View Full Version : Windows Security

Leeza
02-06-2005, 08:43 AM
I have XP with SP2 and I'm having trouble resetting my Security levels. Everytime I try to set it to Medium or Low, it just keeps going right back up to High and it won't allow me to set any Custom Levels. Anyone have any idea of how I can reset my levels without them automatically resetting themselves?

NM
02-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Remove SP2 and re-install it.

crono_logical
02-06-2005, 12:31 PM
What happens in the case your installation media has SP2 streamlined into it, so you can't remove it? :p

Baloki
02-06-2005, 12:42 PM
It looks like IE is not saving your zone settings, try accessing it via the control panel instead and see if it works then.

Also change the settings, hit, apply, then ok then close IE and restart. Thats more likely to save the settings then just hitting ok :D

NM
02-06-2005, 01:39 PM
What happens in the case your installation media has SP2 streamlined into it, so you can't remove it? :p

I don't see you making any suggestions. I'm just trying to help. I'm not going to make a massive post of thing's to try when something simple will most likely sort out the problem. There's nothing in the original post to say SP2 is incoperated which is why I suggested removing it and re-installing.

crono_logical
02-06-2005, 02:16 PM
I'm asking because I want to know what's actually going wrong causing that strange behaviour, so I can fix something like that should I ever come across that on someone elses computer :p

Leeza
02-06-2005, 05:24 PM
If I knew how to remove SP2 I would have done that a long time ago, but I don't know how. I also don't know if it's incorporated, but I'm assuming that it is because it all came together like this with the new computer.

Baloki, I've tried everything that you've suggested already and none of those work. I know I found a Parental Control somewhere that had almost everything checked off on it as being restricted and after I unchecked most of everything it worked fine until I restarted. Of course now I don't remember where that was that I found it and I can't find it again. I'm just going to reformat everything today and try re-install my old XP Home instead of what came with the computer.