PDA

View Full Version : Worst Final Fantasy?

rubicant
02-06-2005, 03:14 PM
Okay, I'm new here and I'm pretty sure there has already been a favorite Final Fantasy Poll. There might have been a worst FF Poll but I thought that would be least used and I would take my chances.

Martyr
02-06-2005, 04:33 PM
My lack of knowledge is limiting my choice to X-2. I heard that Crystal Chronicles was a real let down, and the poll seems to agree.

Never heard of Legent or Adventure.

boris no no
02-06-2005, 05:08 PM
not really played any other then the "normal" final fantasie (i mean that i habvn't played tatics or chroicles etc) so i voted for X-2 because although i did like the idea it was a let down. i mean leblanc? what an annoying woman :love:

Flamethrower
02-06-2005, 06:04 PM
A lot of people are going to disagree with me on this one, but out of all the Final Fantasies I've played, I think FFI was the worst. Don't get me wrong, I love that game, and I get a warm fuzzy feeling when I play it knowing that I'm playing the very first Final Fantasy, but it's lack of a decent story line and absolutly NO character development prevented me from enjoying it more than the other FFs.

Never heard of Legent or Adventure.

FFAdventure and the FFLegend series were games released on the Gameboy. However, they are not actually Final Fantasy games. They were called something else in Japan (Secrets of Mana, maybe? I don't remember), but in America they renamed it so Final Fantasy was in the title so it would sell better.

RedCydranth
02-06-2005, 06:14 PM
I voted FFMQ because its way to kiddish. Flamethrowers right about the Final Fantasy Legend and Adventures. Although they followed similar format to early FF games, they weren't actually FF games in Japan. Leave it to American marketing to mess this stuff up for us. Because of them we have plenty of confused people who for a LONG time though FF3 had Celes, Locke and Edgar in it. Stupid marketers.

ShivaBlizzard8
02-06-2005, 06:19 PM
Word - I'm so glad they final dropped that stupid American numbering system when FF7 came out.

Anyway, Mystic Quest easily holds the "worst FF ever title." FFX-2 is nothing compared to that mess.

Faith
02-06-2005, 07:00 PM
I would have to say that the worst one, in my opinion, was Final Fantasy VIII. Usually when I first buy the games, I play for a week w/o stopping to do anything else until I finish. But in FFVIII's case, I found myself having no interest in the story or characters, and finishing it over 2 years later after I bought it.

Final Fantasy X-2, i will agree, was bad, but for the fact that is was a sequel to a very good game, I somewhat enjoyed it.

feioncastor
02-06-2005, 07:52 PM
FFAdventure and the FFLegend series were games released on the Gameboy. However, they are not actually Final Fantasy games. They were called something else in Japan (Secrets of Mana, maybe? I don't remember), but in America they renamed it so Final Fantasy was in the title so it would sell better.
Seiken Desentu was released in Japan for the gameboy, and when released here, we called it "Final Fantasy Adventure". When Seiken Desentu 2 was supposed to be released in the USA for the SNES, we called it Secret of Mana in the USA

I just learned the FF Legend series is actually the SaGa series, which I love. The SaGa series began on Gameboy and moved up to SNES, and then to PSX.

by the way, FFX-2 sucks.

6 is the best.

SonicYouth
02-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Crystal Chronicles was my choice. Not a very good game...

Alexander
02-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Man, it sucks SO much... >.<

Heartless Shadow
02-06-2005, 09:05 PM
i think all the final fantasys are as good as each otheir. All have their bad points but they all have very strong storylines :) :) :)

rubah
02-06-2005, 09:21 PM
ff4. I *like* x-2 :) 4 was rather boring, and at least 9 has an ending I can remember^_^

Old Manus
02-06-2005, 09:33 PM
X-2. No question. Whatsoever. It sucked. Badly. No worse than that.

Macp
02-06-2005, 09:50 PM
i think all the final fantasys are as good as each otheir. All have their bad points but they all have very strong storylines

crashNUMBERS
02-06-2005, 10:49 PM
i think all the final fantasys are as good as each otheir. All have their bad points but they all have very strong storylines :) :) :)

yeah other than mq

Slade
02-06-2005, 11:17 PM
I like all the FFs ive played....but if i had to choose one then it'd be IV. It had some extremely boring parts in it and i found the story sort off flat...cept the big plot change with golbez.....

Destai
02-06-2005, 11:31 PM
I honestly didnt like most of the older FF's. Now before you start bitching and claiming me to be a victim of "OMG IS NOT PRETTY ENOUGH!1!" you need to know I have past FFVI (which I love), Im at the final battle in FFIV, Final dungeon in V, In the ice cavern in I and after seeing the dradnought take off in II. I honestly dont get much enjoyment from these games (exclude VI). The battle system is far too blocky (although if they all played as smoothly as Dawn of souls...) and the villages, dungeons are pretty repetitive and how many of those games dont revolve around a shiny rock? I just dont get the same level of fun from them...well them and crystal chronicles.

Edit: spoiler,
Golbez:Cecil, I am your brother...
Cecil: !!!

XD

amratis
02-06-2005, 11:58 PM
I havn't actually voted in this poll because I feel that I just can't. I have not played all the games in that list by a long shot but the ones I have - VI,VII,VIII,X and X-2 (my IX is coming in the post as I type) I loved all of them, so I can't vote for a worst. sorry :D

amra

Yuffie514
02-07-2005, 05:01 AM
FFT, i couldn't even enjoy it for more than an hour :mad2: .

Shoden
02-07-2005, 05:58 PM
definatly 9 sheez the trance system the battle system summons and most of the chars sucked except Vivi and Quina who i dunno is male or female

mythus
02-07-2005, 08:38 PM
X-2 was the worst in my oppinion. I was expecting so much more that what I got. I was hoping for a sequel that would better tie into X, instead, I got a game that was a Charlie's Angels meets Final Fantasy rip-off, with the only thing relating to FFx was basically the world it was on.

VIII is my second least favorite, but it was at least able to keep my attention long enough to complete it. X-2, i am at the end, and simply don't feel like completing it.

Ryth
02-07-2005, 08:55 PM
VIII is the worst the junction system was horrible and the story was a little weird but it was still pretty good.

crashNUMBERS
02-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Vivi and Quina who i dunno is male or female

thats why when they talk they call quina he/she.
dead serious

Ultima Shadow
02-07-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm almost suprised that the words "sucks" and "bad" have been used so much in this tread so far.
Sure, it's about the whorst FF... but just beacuse it's the whorst FF, doesn't mean that it sucks that badly and just is a pice of crap. Even though my vote goes for FFX2, I really don't think it's all that bad. It's pretty crappy compared to my favs (in my opinion that is) but it's still a pretty fun and enjoyable game and not even close to being "sucky" and "crappy" etc. :greenie:

Destai
02-07-2005, 09:39 PM
I agree, The worst I could ever say about an FF is it was an average game. I think there kind've in a league of there own for class.

turnitup5000db
02-08-2005, 12:30 PM
True that... but then again, we can only compare them to the games of their own calibur in order to proporly gauge their worth.

My whole premise is that, to use an analogy, you can't compare a quarter pounder to a steak. I mean, yeah, the burger is nice and all, but in the end you know that it just doesn't compare to a good steak, so you're left trying to decide what kind of steak you like. (Ok, as you've probably guessed, I was hungry - VERY HUNGRY - when I wrote this.)

ANYWAY... the same is true for the ff series compared to other games. Even though... oh, lets pick on Illusion of Gaia. Even though Illusion of Gaia was a fine game in its own right, it simply doesn't compare to most of the games in the FF series, and the ones it does compare to, most will agree, it compares to poorly. Its not that its a bad game, it simply can't match the firepower of final fantasy.

I, myself, chose FFMQ for the worst ff game. Not that it was actually a terrible game, in fact I rather enjoyed most of it, excepting the end - most of you are familliar with my rant about the final boss by now. But it had corny moments galore, and the two person party limit, the somewhat retarded AI, and the return to single spell based magic limitations was a little... repelling. Still a decent game... but a horrible Final Fantasy.

Dark Warrior
02-09-2005, 08:15 PM
The worst Final Fantasy ever made is Mistic Quest, that's a really bored game

Gunblades
02-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Since people like to moan about Polls, you have left out FinalFantasy Unlimited which i would have voted the worst, however since spirits within isnt there either i will assume you were reffering only to FF games:) (joking)

Old Manus
02-09-2005, 08:38 PM
FFTA was bad... but FFX-2 was worse.

Crazy the Clown
02-09-2005, 08:58 PM
Mystic Quest. It was too easy. They should've called it, "Final Fantasy-Basic Training."

Gunblades
02-09-2005, 09:11 PM
i liked X2

Del Murder
02-11-2005, 10:55 PM
II was my least favorite, even though I enjoyed all of the ones I've played. It was mainly the level up system for that one.

turnitup5000db
02-18-2005, 11:33 AM
People, this shouldn't be a debate. Go and find an FF Mystic Quest cartrege (ROMS ARE BAD!!! LIKE MARAJUANA!!!) and play it, and the discussion will be over. I defy you to even TRY to enjoy that game if you are over 10 years of age.

ScottNUMBERS
02-18-2005, 08:57 PM
final fantasy legend :eek: ..the battles were enough to make the bravest of people weep :cry: ..so dull

strawberryman
02-18-2005, 10:31 PM
X-2. No question. Whatsoever. It sucked. Badly. No worse than that.
'Nuff said.

Pirro_v90
02-24-2005, 07:05 PM
HOW THE HECK CAN YOU SAY FF:CC?!!!
Have any of you played the Legend games to gb they suck big time!!
Actually the first ffl for gb is the worst game ever made(ever i say),
and the others to gb isnt very good either. FF:Adventure is
a Legend of mana game, and not very bad if you think of that it is
a gb game.
FF:x-2 is the worst real FF.

Crystal chronicles is the fourth best FF. It is pure genial.

Ultima Shadow
02-24-2005, 07:17 PM
HOW THE HECK CAN YOU SAY FF:CC?!!!
People have different opinions. :jap:

Crystal chronicles is the fourth best FF. It is pure genial.
...in your opinion that is. :spin:

Well, everyone haven't played FF Legend and are therefore unable to judge those games. :greenie:

Doors
02-24-2005, 09:08 PM
FF7 is the most awful game in existance.

crashNUMBERS
02-24-2005, 11:29 PM
You hate ff7!

BURN IN H :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Destination0
02-25-2005, 01:27 AM
FF7 is the most awful game in existance.

same here absolutely hate FF7...
FFX2 is close too