PDA

View Full Version : Old School SNES

CloudVII
02-06-2005, 07:36 PM
What games did u play on SNES, or on the Emulator, Personally I really liked Chrono Trigger, Contra 3, and Megaman, FF3 was alright too.

Quina
02-06-2005, 07:41 PM
I like to play Kirby's Dream Land.

Old Manus
02-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Wasnt FF3 on the NES?

Super Mario World was good. So was Probotector and Mortal Kombat.

Endless
02-06-2005, 09:44 PM
Secret of Mana (still own the cart), SD3, FF6, CT, Super Mario Kart (still have the cart), SF2 (have the cart too) are my favorites. Played? Hell if I remember all of the titles.

Craig
02-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Well actually i've recently wanted to play old school consoles so I bought a Megadrive from Ebay and my sister gave my SNES back, i've been playing Zelda: Lttp.

Lord Chainsaw
02-07-2005, 01:56 AM
Actraiser, Actraiser II, Demon's Crest, and Secret of Evermore are the four SNES games in my top ten.

There are other games I enjoy for the SNES too. I really did like Illusion of Gaia and Soulblazer. I can't decide which is better. Soulblazer has the better gameplay but Illusion has the ambience.

Some of the most innovative games were on the SNES. Especially games from Enix.

Flamethrower
02-07-2005, 03:10 AM
Games I had/played on my SNES (that I remember):

Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG ( :love: )
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Punch Out
Mortal Kombat 2
Killer Instinct
Donkey Kong Country
Chrono Trigger ( :love: )
Earthbound ( :love: )

That's all I can remember for some reason. :( But man, that sure was the golden age of gaming. *sigh*

Rainecloud
02-07-2005, 07:27 AM
Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario All Stars, Yoshi's Island, F-Zero, Super Punch Out, Starwing (Starfox to you lot in the USA), Super Smash TV, Donkey Kong Country 1, 2 and 3, Killer Instinct, WWF Royal Rumble, WWF Raw, True Lies and Zelda immediately spring to mind.

The SNES really is the best console of all time.

NM
02-07-2005, 11:17 AM
My favourtire SNES games would be the following. Not in any particular order btw.

Starwing (Starfox to everyone else.)
Legend Of Zelda : A Link To The Past
Chrono Trigger (Played on an emulator as it was never released in the UK.)
Unirally (Uniracers in the US.)
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Killer Instinct
NBA Jam
Rock & Roll Racing
Super Aleste
Mario Kart
Super Mario World

Matth
02-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Chrono Trigger, FF6 and Front Mission are my favourite games ! :love: :love:

Cless
02-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Tales of Phantasia
Mystical Ninja
Final Fantasy VI
Crono Trigger
Super Mario World
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Street Fighter 2 Turbo

I think that all these games are great! Oh, and if you are looking for something different to try on your emulator, get Umi Hari Kawase. It's a very good physics based platformer/swing em up.

SeeDRankLou
02-08-2005, 06:15 PM
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario World
Mortal Kombat
Starfox
Street Fighter 2 (like 3 variations of it)
Earthbound
Several Megaman and Megaman X games
Final Fantasy 3 (at that time)
I'm sure there were many others.

:moomba:

Dreddz
02-08-2005, 08:33 PM
i was quite young when my brother had the SNES but i do remember finding Mortal Kombat to be a good game.There was a mario collection which had a few mario games which i enjoyed

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-08-2005, 08:50 PM
FF III and Legend of Zelda*forgets last part*... They are the best!!!

Captain Maxx Power
02-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Legend of Zelda and the

Pick one to start:
Orcharina...
Triforce...
Mask...
Winds...
Spirit...
Sword...
Shield...
Non-descript monster...
Revenge...
Return...
Outrage...
Overblown...

And one to finish:
...of Time
...of Power
...of Majora
...of Time
...of St Louis
...of Mastery
...of Blockery
...of non-descript origins
...of Ganon
...of Ganondorf
...of outrages
...Sequel

02-08-2005, 09:24 PM
*remembers* Link to the Past!!!

Necronopticous
02-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Square et al.
+Tetris Attack
+Contra III: The Alien Wars
+Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World
+Arcana
+Wordtris (Roo, this is for you!)
+Uniracer
+Actraiser
+Demon's Crest
+Super Metriod
+Ahh too many...

Super Nintendo was a great console...

02-09-2005, 12:39 AM
Super Nintendo was a great console...

Cheers to that!!!

MoonsEcho
02-09-2005, 07:23 AM
Well, I certainly PLAYED a ton of games for the SNES, but here are my favourites:
- FFVI
- Chrono Trigger
- Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
- Super Mario World
- Mario Kart
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
- the Donkey Kong Country games

man, that sure was the golden age of gaming. *sigh*

You said it.

Zell's Fists of Fury
02-09-2005, 07:42 AM
I just got done playing Super Mario World. Fancy that.

Lindy
02-09-2005, 09:04 AM
Star Ocean and Tales of Phantasia.

I've played more, just none are worth mentioning compared to these 48-meg Wolf Team designed RPG behemoths.

Cless
02-10-2005, 05:30 AM
I love Tales of Phantasia so much. It hurts... :cry:

Shlup
02-10-2005, 05:47 AM
The only games I owned myself were Super Mario World, Bart's Nightmare, and Tetris Dr. Mario. I've played a lot more than that, but those are the only ones I ever owned.

Wasnt FF3 on the NES?
When FF6 was released in the US they called it FF3, remember? Thusly, by FF3 he means FF6.

Rase
02-10-2005, 06:54 AM
Favorites only:

Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Kart
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VI
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario All Stars
Street Fighter II
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Illusion of Gaia
Secret of Mana
Megaman X

DeBlayde
02-10-2005, 07:02 AM
I had many games for my snes. My favorites were:

Zelda: Link to the Past (one of my all time favorite games)
Secret of Mana
Chrono Trigger
Killer instinct
Maui Malard in Cold Shadow (a later game that was supposed to be donald duck but Disney illustrated it's hideously evil side and made them change it into some other character named Maui Malard. It was also tons of fun.)

I had that console for about 5 or 7 years and when I gave it away it worked like the day I bought it. I bought an Xbox and 9 months later, it's crapped out with a fried motherboard. yet another illustration of how Bill Gates is actually the Devil. :shifty:

EDIT: *unrelated note* I generally like the games Nintendo puts out on their systems. You can play them and play them and play them till you're absolutely sick of them, put them aside, come back 6 months later, and they're still fun. Examples: the mario series, the rogue squadron series, and the secret of mana.

black orb
02-10-2005, 12:57 PM
>>> Earth Worm Jim 2, Chrono Trigger, FF Mystic Quest, Donkey Kong country, Super Mario World, Yoshi island, Kirby Super star, Mario all stars, Megaman X, Megaman 7, Top Gear games, Arcana, Bomberman Games and a Ranma1/2 game I cant remember..

Blackmageboi
02-10-2005, 01:03 PM
FF4
FF5
FF6
seventh saga
Hoshi no kirby 3

The Man
02-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Super Mario World, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario All Stars, Yoshi's Island, Super Mario RPG (which I got to the very end of, then got my PlayStation 2 and forgot what happened to all my ROM save files), FF4, FF5, FF6, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, Earthbound (which I got about two-thirds of the way through, then got my PlayStation 2), A Link to the Past, and a bunch of other games that I either didn't finish or didn't think highly enough of to remember. There're a bunch more that I definitely need to play, for sure.

Queen Anthai
02-18-2005, 11:23 PM
PALADIN'S QUEST!!! It's my absolute favorite lesser-known SNES title. I'm pretty sure it's called "Lennus" in Japan, if that helps. God, those were some really beautiful colors in that game, and I loved, loved, loved every second of the gameplay and story. I still play it. :D

Also, of course, FF"2" and "3", Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Mana, and for some reason, the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers game. :)

Matthew
02-21-2005, 10:06 AM
Mostly Japanese games. The American games are still in working condition with the SNES in a special place.