PDA

View Full Version : Final Boss - Truly Disappointing (minor spoilers)

Queen Anthai
02-07-2005, 12:15 AM
So I have FINALLY beaten Final Fantasy X for the first time - thank you, thank you - and I've got one complaint...

Wasn't Yu Yevon disappointingly easy? Even fighting my own aeons was like: summon, Ultima, summon, Ultima, repeat until bored. And Yu Yevon was just like...cast reflect on him and hit with Ultima some more.

I was just like, there is no way this is the last battle. No freaking way. I kept expecting him to transform into something huge and uber-powerful, kind of like the several forms of Ultimecia from FFVIII. And that was IT!

I had a much, MUCH harder time fighting Jecht. (Mostly because I didn't have Auron's Zombie Attack and the Yu Pagodas were the bane of my existence.) Don't you guys think Yu Yevon should have had one more form, just one more challenge to face? Or am I being unnecessarily masochistic? :D

02-07-2005, 12:44 AM
probably the guys who made the game intended on making jecht the final battle but at the last minute, they forgot that yu yevon still had to be taken care of, so they just added him in real quick and hopes that no one notices.

Mirage
02-07-2005, 01:31 AM
I still think the Aeons and Yu-Yevon are just symbolic fights. What was supposed to be hard was Jecht.

DMKA
02-07-2005, 04:55 AM
the Aeons and Yu-Yevon are just symbolic fights. What was supposed to be hard was Jecht.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-07-2005, 06:26 AM
For the record, Jecht is really easy if you have Anima.

Queen Anthai
02-07-2005, 11:53 AM
I had Anima, I was just saving it as my trump card...I figured I could take down Jecht's first form with my aeons in a kamikaze mission, and then save Anima for the second form when I needed to take off a LOT of HP in a hurry. That's usually how I play Anima against strong bosses. Then again, I managed to take out Seymour Omnis with one summoning of the Magus Sisters, which was really weird.

Yu Pagodas still suck.

Zante
02-07-2005, 06:15 PM
The bosses in this game were disapointing. Jecht was easy, he got down after a few regular attacks and Yu Yevon was done after one.

m4tt
02-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Like it was said before, Jecht was the final boss. The Aeons and Yu Yevon were just for the story. It's impossible to lose since everyone has Auto-life cast on them.

Destai
02-07-2005, 09:04 PM
The sphere grid made fighting interesting. I found one play through the game extremely easy, other plays through it challenging and some well balanced. the boss fight i seriously enjoyed was seymours third form.

Old Manus
02-07-2005, 09:59 PM
I think that Jecht was supposed to be the final boss, and Yu Yevon was just a 'finale' fight, like Cloud and Sephiroth at the end of FFVII. Except it was longer.

T-MaN
02-09-2005, 02:56 AM
Personally, I think that the bosses in the game were a'ight. They weren't too hard to beat nor were they too easy. The only hard bosses for me were the "extra" ones like Nemesis

tailz
02-09-2005, 06:54 AM
they where all easy exept the aeons because me and a friend trained so much that the aeons where extreme powerful ill give you an exempla we could beat jecht with only valefor and with all the ultimate weapons (and self made ultimate armors) they where easy

Kamrusepas
02-09-2005, 04:54 PM
One hit with Masamune and Yu Yevon was a goner.
Jecht wasn't that much harder either.

Mirage
02-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Oh yeah, you get the masamune and 255 str on every regular playthrough. it only takes like a few minutes.

tehSlippy
02-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Oh yeah, you get the masamune and 255 str on every regular playthrough. it only takes like a few minutes.

Masamune took me a few minutes.

255 on ALL stats (not just str..; all chars too) took 15-17 hours. 17 hours isn't that long.

rubah
02-10-2005, 12:25 AM
255 str is nothing. fenrir is FUN:D

Luck however, that' s *really* fun. Earth eater is such a breeze. I mean, his flare only takes off 1200/9999 hp right? No biggie!

(with shell, with 230+mdef, with regen, with one person constantly Praying)

silent_ultima
02-10-2005, 12:54 PM
yeahhh

totally agree with you guys.... Yu Yevon is such a disappointment.. it's harder to fight Braska's Final Aeon and the Summons.. yet it's much more easier then Sephiroth from FFVII, Ultimecia from FFVIII and that blue dude from FFIX... hmmmm...

The Man
02-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Masamune took me a few minutes.

255 on ALL stats (not just str..; all chars too) took 15-17 hours. 17 hours isn't that long.
All stats including Luck? I've got 255 stats on most of my characters by now, but Luck's going to be a major hassle and I'm not honestly sure I can be bothered. ;)

tehSlippy
02-11-2005, 03:36 AM
All stats including Luck? I've got 255 stats on most of my characters by now, but Luck's going to be a major hassle and I'm not honestly sure I can be bothered. ;)

Luck is 160. I forgot about that -.-

Sorry for the wrong info ;P

~Summoner~
02-11-2005, 07:35 PM
after u beat the game ..why dont they let u save? :mad2:

silent_ultima
02-11-2005, 07:42 PM
becoz there's no save game+, that means u can't continue the game after u beat the game, if u wanna continue after beating try out FFX-2 or Chrono Cross (PSOne)

rubah
02-12-2005, 03:26 AM
after u beat the game ..why dont they let u save?

So you'll go back to beat it again.

FourShiningOrbs
02-12-2005, 07:09 AM
Wasn't Yu Yevon disappointingly easy? Even fighting my own aeons was like: summon, Ultima, summon, Ultima, repeat until bored. And Yu Yevon was just like...cast reflect on him and hit with Ultima some more.

This strategy for fighting Yu Yevon was made even more stupid by the fact that there was a boss in FFIV that you had to beat in the exact same way. For me, the lack of originality there was the most disappointing part.

I like the Shadowgate reference in your sig, Queen Anthai.

~Summoner~
02-13-2005, 08:46 PM
thanks silent_ultima!now i think i'll actually try beting crono cross .....its so complex....too many characters..oh well

I Don't Need A Name
02-21-2005, 06:00 PM
on the yu yevon fight dont u have auto-life as well so u cant lose anyway! u can die 50 times and still be brought back 2 life. the only boss fights i thought were slightly difficult was Evere (sp) and Yunalesca

Emily52
02-21-2005, 07:33 PM
the only boss fights i thought were slightly difficult was Evere (sp) and Yunalesca
I beat Yunalesca in one try. Yay!

Chopseuy
02-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Yeah, the final boss made me ask an important question: is this what FF Final Bosses has come to?

This is one of the first where the Final Boss is not an angel or super powerful being. The Ending is fine, but Yu Yevon...

The hardest boss in FFX by far is Yunalesca, beat her up good though.

Blackmageboi
02-21-2005, 08:28 PM
the most scary part about yu yevon was that it wasnt imune to zombie or healing items and/or magic so you can kill him in one turn even if you are weak

Chopseuy
02-21-2005, 10:02 PM
Don't forget Auto-Life.

redxiiii
02-21-2005, 10:04 PM
I just cast zombie on him and then when he tries to cure himself he takes alot of damage

Rinoa Heartilly
02-22-2005, 02:00 AM
As mentioned before Yu yevon and the aeons for that matter were symbolic fights, there for story-purposes only imho
And that makes sense, after all if Yu yevon was THAT powerful by himself, why would he even need to summon...

And I agree, my fav fight is Seymours last form as well^^
Yunalesca was hard enough, which made sense for the story imho

But Ffx is never 'hard', it is a brilliant game and I love it to bits (The story is great, the battle system is innovative) yet it feels a bit...rushed...
Not that I mind, it still rocks

silent_ultima
02-22-2005, 04:06 PM
i think Rinoa Heartilly made a very good point.. its' just a symbollic battle.. after all the main idea was to find Jecht.. and for Tidus to find a way home.. it's just happens that his path and the fate of Spira crosses.. and his fate and Yuna crosses... i don't know.... but to me even Braska's Final Aeon was easy.. the hardest was... I think Yunalesca and Seymore's Final Form... oh and Evrae... although i manage to beat them.. using the right strategy that is..

amratis
02-22-2005, 04:14 PM
They were definetly symbolic fights because its impossible to die unless you petrify yourself. Anyone ever done that by the way?. My fave boss fight towards the end was Seymour too, just because I could say "Right, now STAY dead you b******d" after I killed him :D

Ultimate99997
02-22-2005, 04:35 PM
I think that yu yevon was actually designed by square- enix to pose a threat to players that hadn't bothered to uberise their characters. On my first play through I didn't bother with any side quests therefore by the time I was fighting Braska's final aeon my strength was nothing special therefore he posed a major problem. Thankfully I beat him and the aeons afterwards - however yu yevon (even though weaker) actually posed problem for me too..... With an average team yu yevon's constant curaga counter spell keplt on healing him for 9999 hp while I was only hitting for the 8000. The pint I am trying to make is that this boss was meant for a team that only followed the direct storyline - if you can't break damage limit and he keeps healing you won't die (due to auto life) however you will be in a constantly repeating battle that you just can't win!!!!!!!!

On my second playthrough I actually fulfilled all side quests, maxed my stats and throught that the final bosses were ridiculously easy. However I wasn't dissapointed because I knew that I had been enntertained by the game for a much longer time - I then simply enjoyed the story rather than the difficulty of the final boss battle.

chilpepper
02-22-2005, 05:29 PM
ultimate, i'd like to max my stats as well, but i need to know: did u use any special walktroughs to achieve those stats. cause i trained alot in my first time through (completed it 2 days ago) and i only achieved like 70 strenght or so for most characters. it was really easy though!
anywayz, where r the best guides at?

amratis
02-22-2005, 07:12 PM
I think that yu yevon was actually designed by square- enix to pose a threat to players that hadn't bothered to uberise their characters. On my first play through I didn't bother with any side quests therefore by the time I was fighting Braska's final aeon my strength was nothing special therefore he posed a major problem. Thankfully I beat him and the aeons afterwards - however yu yevon (even though weaker) actually posed problem for me too..... With an average team yu yevon's constant curaga counter spell keplt on healing him for 9999 hp while I was only hitting for the 8000. The pint I am trying to make is that this boss was meant for a team that only followed the direct storyline - if you can't break damage limit and he keeps healing you won't die (due to auto life) however you will be in a constantly repeating battle that you just can't win!!!!!!!!

On my second playthrough I actually fulfilled all side quests, maxed my stats and throught that the final bosses were ridiculously easy. However I wasn't dissapointed because I knew that I had been enntertained by the game for a much longer time - I then simply enjoyed the story rather than the difficulty of the final boss battle.

For Yu Yevon I constantly cast reflect on him (I think the power wave dispels it, yes it does (??) ) then when he casts curaga he cures *you* after you've hit him. Also I mixed 2 wings to discovery = trio of 9999 so all physical attacks do 9999 damage to him, even yuna and lulu, hee hee! :D he went down quick

rubah
02-23-2005, 12:38 AM
trio of 9999= useless when you hit for 99999 anyways:)

Chopseuy
02-24-2005, 01:36 AM
Zombie works? Oh, I didn't know that, thanks. But, I do 99999 damage with all my characters, EVEN YUNA WITH ATTACK. Lol.

amratis
02-24-2005, 03:20 PM
trio of 9999= useless when you hit for 99999 anyways:)

well Nyeh! I dont so :p I'm not a super-leveler sort of person :D

rubah
02-25-2005, 12:45 AM
But it's so *easy* :D and so much fun^_^